Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Dec 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
How do you know when you getting old

I have my ears cleaned once every four months at first at the hospital then NDA I been having a lot of buzzing in my ears all the time which is tiniest the lady that done my ears said I should be tested for deafness I thought nothing of it but made appointment with the hearing place that test your hearing. The gent that done the test said did you know you going partly deaf in your right ear I said must be my age but he said well your left the same age I did see the funny side the bloke that did the test was someone that worked at the N And N in Norwich and I had seen him a few times. He said seriously you have a hearing loss in both your ears. I send a letter to your doctor who send you back here so we can do another test just to check and then fit your hearing aids. I said pardon can you say all that again he was about to and I said got you he said you all ways have a sense of humour. I was meant to go in January to get the hearing aids fitted but a apontment came up yesterday so they kindly brought it forward so I went and got them fitted I saw a diffrent person who just checked my notes and said I will not do the tests again but will just check inside your ears if that ok I said of course and 20 minutes later I was out and had them I was told just to war them about the house to start with until I get used to them so that’s what I am going to do. There must be something in your body that says hay you getting old so I am going to cut down or stop working over the past 18 months. I had blood problems heart ❤️ problems a stroke and high plod pressure at lest by borderline and weat intolerance is under control

Stay safe and healthy you lot you never know what around the bend
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
I have my ears cleaned once every four months at first at the hospital then NDA I been having a lot of buzzing in my ears all the time which is tiniest the lady that done my ears said I should be tested for deafness I thought nothing of it but made appointment with the hearing place that test your hearing. The gent that done the test said did you know you going partly deaf in your right ear I said must be my age but he said well your left the same age I did see the funny side the bloke that did the test was someone that worked at the N And N in Norwich and I had seen him a few times. He said seriously you have a hearing loss in both your ears. I send a letter to your doctor who send you back here so we can do another test just to check and then fit your hearing aids. I said pardon can you say all that again he was about to and I said got you he said you all ways have a sense of humour. I was meant to go in January to get the hearing aids fitted but a apontment came up yesterday so they kindly brought it forward so I went and got them fitted I saw a diffrent person who just checked my notes and said I will not do the tests again but will just check inside your ears if that ok I said of course and 20 minutes later I was out and had them I was told just to war them about the house to start with until I get used to them so that’s what I am going to do. There must be something in your body that says hay you getting old so I am going to cut down or stop working over the past 18 months. I had blood problems heart ❤️ problems a stroke and high plod pressure at lest by borderline and weat intolerance is under control

Stay safe and healthy you lot you never know what around the bend
You really do need to take things easy and look after yourself !

I had my ears checked at SpecSavers (yes it was !) said I was losing my hearing. Mentioned it to my GP last year but he said it was probably just to get me to buy expensive heating aids. I also have tinnitus - drives me mad.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
You really do need to take things easy and look after yourself !

I had my ears checked at SpecSavers (yes it was !) said I was losing my hearing. Mentioned it to my GP last year but he said it was probably just to get me to buy expensive heating aids. I also have tinnitus - drives me mad.
Yes thank you. I got mine done on the NHS I was told to go so did. I world asked to be referred by your doctor. Linda it a horrible thing I think about getting your ears checked you might need them cleaned most hospitals have a ear nose and throat. I was lucky I got a referral from my doctors 10 years agoxxx stay safe .
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I used to run up and down my stairs and my knee is bad so I can’t do it anymore! The dogs giving me funny looks, because she’s not allowed up till I’m at the top incase she trips me up! I hope it gets better because I’ve never had knee problems!
Old 2 Dec 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I just need to look in the mirror to know I’m getting old.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

When hair sprouts in unusual places is always a good sign!
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
When younger neighbours phone ‘for a chat’ but you realise they are really checking on the old uns to make sure we are both ok
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 01:50 AM  
Link to this Post
linder
Imagineer

linder's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
When I walk past a mirror and wonder why that old woman is in my house😁
linder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

The easiest test is to sit down on the floor... see how long it takes, and how easy it is to get up...
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

I have started holding things with small writing on them at arms length to see if I can read them