Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Sep 10, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Anyone with Talk Talk

We were originally with Tiscali for Internet and phone calls but still with BT for line rental.

Now that Tiscali has been taken over by Talk Talk they have offered us line rental included but having read some bad things about Talk Talk and I am a little concerned and don't know if it is the right thing to transfer everything to them.

Anyone else with Talk Talk for Internet, phone calls and line rental?
Old 1 Sep 10, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachel1
Imagineer

We have been with talktalk since the early days. Our package is a good price, and when we had a problem with our broadband they were no worse than any other provider in getting it sorted!

Rachel x

2016 Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=29250
Rachel1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 10, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaSmith
Apprentice Imagineer

Run run run away from talk talk we have phone and Internet with them and they are really bad can not wait to leave in a months time!

Low points
Internet always drops and cuts off
Phone calls expensive
Customer care rubbish!

And worse point we are looking for other providers now and due to the routing talk talk use it's going to cost us £45 to move! Aarrgghhh!

Highs
None!
EmmaSmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 10, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
danbecks
Proud to wear my Ears

We've been with talktalk for a few years now, never had any probs with them. My Mum and brother are both with them too, my mum's had the odd problem but always been sorted straight away. I recently thought about changing them, purely financial reasons but found they were actually the cheapest for us so stayed with them.
Old 1 Sep 10, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post

i have been with them for the past 3 months and have had no trouble with them .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 10, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Talk Talk is fine - good connection, and decent price. My only gripe is that when I have a problem, their customer service let's them diwn a bit. All in all, they're fine though.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 10, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
stevekath
Imagineer

Price-wise they're good but their customer service is pants. We're only still with them because it would be too much hassle to move, I can't contemplate changing our email address as we use it for everything.
Any call to their customer service goes to an overseas call centre who seem totally unable to deal with any issues. Our internet went dodgy a few months ago, DH tested everything at our end before ringing them but they insisted the problem must be a hardware fault at our end. Multiple phone calls over a few weeks, getting nowhere then it suddenly righted itself. We hadn't changed anything at our end but they still insisted it was our fault.
We changed to a new plan with them about a month ago, promised a new router as part of the deal... we're still waiting.

stevekath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 10, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post

We were with Tiscali for 18 months unil we moved house. No problems. Moved to house in the spring and were told we HAD to change to TalkTalk as they have taken them over. Fine. Same deal etc etc.
We have been living a nightmare with so so many issues I cannot be ##### to go into on here because I may start crying again over it. It is one massive mess. A bloody huge cock up and despite writing to the CEO to help get it resolved only half of the issues have been resolved.
It is still an ongoing issue - well it will be when I can bring myself to sit down and write YET another letter to them.
Their telephone helpline is an absolute joke. No one can answer you questions and you just get passed from pillar to post and none gives a toss!
They are HELL on earth. I cannot wait to leave them. But before I can cancel my contract with them - I have yet to sort out the current mess.
Google TalkTalk complaints - make yourslef a packed lunch and a flask of coffee and sit there for a week reading the hell they have put their innocent customers through. There are some very very scary stories on there and the way my issues are remaining unresolved I can easily see how it can escalate to the terrifying ordeal of bailiffs on the doorstep chasing payments for so called uncancelled services. They are a company totally incapable of dealing with their customer needs, requests and direct debits.
Run for the hills and happily pay a higher pemium elsewhere with a company that may actually provide you with a service and some customer care.

Edited at 11:18 PM.
Old 1 Sep 10, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ncmurray
Imagineer

We have been with them for some years now, and havent' have a major problem yet.

They are really competitive on price. I cannot say for absolute definite, but I think that our broadband and phone package costs about £17 per month. Our broadband speed is always about 6mbps, plus we have free international calls, too.
Old 2 Sep 10, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post

My Mum's mate changed to them last month... nightmare apparently.Their daughter is in Oz so they need a phone line, Talk talk left them without one for 2 weeks and when it did come back on they had changed their phone number! Ours start 822 or 821... theirs was suddenly starting 444 - apparently because of our area? !
We keep getting Talk Talk coming to our house trying to sign us up, told them we were with AOL... apparently they reckon they have bought AOL and due to our telephone exchange we should get FREE broadband. I have big doubts!.. staying where we are thanks.

Tracey xxx
Closed Thread