Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 4 Sep 10, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
jessie1
Proud to wear my Ears

pool heat

How cold will a villa pool be in October
Just been told by Jetsave it will be £350 for the 2 weeks ?

Love Georgia xx
jessie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 10, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
danbecks
Proud to wear my Ears

We've always had pool heat in October (mid 2 weeks), going a week earlier this year and still having it, nothing worse than getting in a freezing cold pool . £350 seems a lot though, the most I've been quoted is £140 a week which would be £280 for a fortnight.
Old 4 Sep 10, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post

We usually have pool heat no matter what time of year, but we're southern softies!

Last time we booked a villa it was usually between £75 - £100 per week, that was 2 years ago. Most seemed to then be a standard £75 per week.

£170 a week is a ridiculously high amount!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 10, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
jessie1
Proud to wear my Ears

I just called Jetsave and they told it was that. Would it be cheaper to di it whilst we were there ?

Love Georgia xx
jessie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 10, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post

As a one of them "northern-types" I wouldn't have it, but that's probably as much to do with expense than hardiness

I quite like the heart-stopping moment when plunged from Florida heat to pool chill! - cleanses the soul lol
Old 4 Sep 10, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Pool heat

We have travelled in October and would definitely recommend Pool Heat, as we did, we organised it when we arrived, so much cheaper, but give it a day or so to feel the benefits.

Enjoy...
Old 4 Sep 10, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
brhrar
Imagineer

brhrar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
As said, £170 per week is very expensive. You will need it in Oct as the pool can be very cold. Depends how much you'll be at the villa. We have found in the past that we only used the pool a couple of time due to water parks and busy days. Hope this adds to the confusion.
2014 Dibb Sunset Lakes 2015 Sunset Lakes 2016 Windsor Palms 2018 Clear Creek 2019 Dibb High Grove
brhrar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 10, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
colinandlex
Proud to wear my Ears

would definitely recommend it although that does seem ludicrously expensive. For that price I would expect a man to be standing for the fortnight topping it up with a kettle.

colinandlex is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 10, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
Originally Posted by The Abbotts! View Post

Last time we booked a villa it was usually between £75 - £100 per week, that was 2 years ago. Most seemed to then be a standard £75 per week.
Electricity prices have risen considerably in the last two years in Florida as they have in the UK and it is expensive to heat a pool so the above quote is probably a little out of touch. £350 for a fortnight though is ridiculous.

Most private villa owners will charge around £90-£120 per week depending on size of the pool. There were plenty of threads on here last autumn/winter about TOs charging high prices for pool heating and it seems this year will be no different. I can assure you that the villa owner will see nothing like the amount Jetsave (and others) want to charge, as they just see pool heating as another way to make money.

A pool without heating in October is likely to be very uncomfortable for all but the most hardy, especially in the morning and evening. You could wait until you get there and then contact the MC to get the heating put on but do bear in mind that it may take a day or two to get up to temperature. Of course you will not know how much it will cost doing it this way until after you arrive.

Private villa owners such as ourselves not only charge less but also make sure the heating is on a couple of days before you arrive so that it is nice and warm from day 1 of your holiday. Maybe next time you could look at renting privately for the personal service and peace of mind.

Debra

Edited at 10:24 AM.
Tetrarch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 10, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Cash
Apprentice Imagineer

I would say you will need it, but i am a southener as well. Wait till you get there and arrange it locally and put the pool blanket on over night, it may be cheaper then what Jet Save have quoted you. The utility costs have gone up over there this last year, maybe thats why it seems exspensive.
Have a fab holiday

Tags
pool heat