Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Sep 15, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
danbecks
Proud to wear my Ears

Aerosol deodorants and flights socks...

Hi

Just a couple of general (daft) questions...I've found some of the compressed aerosol deodorants which are 75ml for the flight but my daughter seems to think we wont be allowed to use them (even in the toilets) due to people suffering asthma, as they are not allowed to use them at school for this reason...does anyone know if they can be used on the flight or not?

Also, my kids are 14 and 13, do they need flight socks?

Thanks
Old 21 Sep 15, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

yes you can use deodorants in the toilets on the planes

no your kids don't need flight socks - no-one needs flight socks unless they are medically at risk, and those travellers would normally be aware this was the case.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 15, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
danbecks
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
yes you can use deodorants in the toilets on the planes

no your kids don't need flight socks - no-one needs flight socks unless they are medically at risk, and those travellers would normally be aware this was the case.
Thanks.

I've not flown for 5 years but have always been under the impression that everyone wore flight socks and have always worn them just because I thought it was the 'done thing'...so glad I don't need to them now then!
Old 22 Sep 15, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Going soon!
Excited about Disney

I'm not so sure about the aerosols... I was sure I read someone on here making comment about using/not using them and it was to do with the fact that they could set off the smoke detector in the loo... might be better with a roll-on

Hx
Going soon! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 15, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Deodorants are fine if less than 100ml. No need to go to the loo to use

Flight socks. I haven't looked but I also haven't seen any evidence they do anything. I would suggest:
- getting up every hour
- stretching and moving legs (take a walk and ###### people off by stretching near the galleys/emergency exits)
- be fit and healthy

Unless your doc has told you that you're at risk, just take a walk every hour up and down the plane. Job done.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 15, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFi
Very Serious Dibber

I never wore flight socks until the last couple of years when I discovered long haul flights made my feet rather portly! Not wanting to start the holiday with swollen feet I bought some to try and now always wear them on longer flights.

Mind you I am knocking on a bit now!
FloridaFi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 15, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Phoolgrrrl
Apprentice Imagineer

Phoolgrrrl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Deodorant may set of the smoke alarm. You can take them through if under 100mls. So allowed on plane, but not sure if ok to use on plane. I have in the past and it was ok...
Phoolgrrrl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 15, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Deodorants - always use roll on on the plane
Flight socks - misnomer! Should be called long journey socks. DVT can happen on long car rail and plane journeys. Compression or flight socks are a preventative measure should you feel or your GP has diagnosed that you have circulation issues. I wear them on all long journeys not just flights. Older more overweight people are more likely to have circulation issues. Getting up every hour and walking round the plane helps as does rotating feet and ankles. Individual choice here I think.
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 15, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

I think the rule with socks on flights should be that you either have nice feet or you wear some sort of socks.
Old 23 Sep 15, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
tink66
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by FloridaFi View Post
I never wore flight socks until the last couple of years when I discovered long haul flights made my feet rather portly! Not wanting to start the holiday with swollen feet I bought some to try and now always wear them on longer flights.

Mind you I am knocking on a bit now!
Exactly, me too!
tink66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread