Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 25 Jul 16, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Phild View Post
Can't understand all the fuss about this to be honest. Just follow the Alamo instructions and do Save Time, online check-in and then Skip Counter/straight to garage. Make sure you take the skip counter go straight to garage barcode with you when you head direct to the garage and away you go.

Did this last year and took about 15 mins to get car and head off. Doesn't make a blind bit of difference whether you decide to prepay or pay on arrival, we prepaid with fuel and no bother.
That's okay if it comes up with the option to skip counter I tried for ages today until I read that someone had used Bing as a search engine instead of Google, then the option came up straight away. So although the page said that I could use Skip Counter, I couldn't find the option to do so, so in that way it was a fuss for me to sort out
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by tifab View Post
Thank you Yorkshire Dan and teach x.
I had booked via charter travel. Went and did online check in. I opened up a new tab and put in Alamo skip the counter, clicked the first one and nothing in happened. I then opened up Bing, put in skip the counter and clicked first one and it worked!
Thank you so much for your help. Now have a skip the counter paperwork and bar code plus an email too! Happy days.
Thanks for the info on using Bing, I had problems with Google, but went onto the page straight away using Bing
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Kasalic
Excited about Disney

Just followed the webpage through and completed the OLCI and then got prompted to do Skip the Counter and completed that. Only thing is I did not do the Prepay fuel which I wanted to, but no big worries.
June 2015 - 14 days - Silver Creek, Clermont
Sept 2016 - 14 days - Gulf Coast
January 2019 - 16 days - Kissimmee
August 2019 - 7 days - I Drive
Kasalic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
oeamon
Apprentice Imagineer

You can do it at the exit barrier. they will be swiping you card anyway
oeamon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 16, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Kasalic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by oeamon View Post
You can do it at the exit barrier. they will be swiping you card anyway
That was what I was hoping.
June 2015 - 14 days - Silver Creek, Clermont
Sept 2016 - 14 days - Gulf Coast
January 2019 - 16 days - Kissimmee
August 2019 - 7 days - I Drive
Kasalic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 16, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenPickle
Excited about Disney

LaurenPickle's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
When I search for Alamo Skip the Counter on Bing, the first result is for trip advisor! Am I missing something?
LaurenPickle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 16, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
tifab
Excited about Disney

tifab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by LaurenPickle View Post
When I search for Alamo Skip the Counter on Bing, the first result is for trip advisor! Am I missing something?
Oh no it's changed! It was an Alamo address not trip advisor!

I will try look back on my history when home to see if I can find it and paste it.
tifab is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 16, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenPickle
Excited about Disney

LaurenPickle's Reviews
Originally Posted by tifab View Post
Oh no it's changed! It was an Alamo address not trip advisor!

I will try look back on my history when home to see if I can find it and paste it.
Thank you so much I thought it was me being daft!
LaurenPickle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 16, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Thanks to the info on here, successfully completed Skip the Counter this morning (booking through Netflights for Alamo) and have the ticket with the barcode saying "Skip the Counter, Skip the Kiosk, Go straight to the Vehicle".

Did online check in through Google chrome and while that was open did Bypass the Counter through Bing.

We don't go for ages and I'd never normally do it this far out, but if car hire comes down will just phone Alamo and cancel this one, but Skip the Counter was important for us, so I wanted to see if it was even possible with a netflights booking.

Very happy with the rental price through netflights and happier still that we have successfully got Skip the Counter too now .
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 16, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenPickle
Excited about Disney

LaurenPickle's Reviews
I tried on a different computer today and thankfully it worked - not sure why as I had cleared my cookies and gone incognito on mine, but I'm happy so not questioning why!