Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 13 Aug 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Dlp at easter?

So i had to cancel my august trip and am looking to rearrange for next year. Noticed the eurostar is fairly reasonable going out 31st march returning on april 4th which is Easter sunday- would this be a crazy busy time? Noticed french schools dont break up till the following week but think most of the rest of europe are out by then. Any opinions greatly appreciated.
natanddaz is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

We are going 27th-3rd april. At the mo its hard to say with everything going on. Weve been easter time before and it was ok.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We are booked for March 30th to April 1st. I haven’t even thought about crowd levels as at the minute I think it’s all irrelevant, I am just hoping we still get to go!
I had noted the late break up of the French schools when I booked though and assumed that was a good sign.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I would say try to go during the week - all weekends are crazy at DLP as it's very much a locals' park.

If the direct Eurostar is not running, it's very easy to change at Lille (and a lot nicer than the cattle pen security at Marne la Vallee).

If French schools are not off it could still be crazy busy. We went early September twice and because Spanish schools start back late, it was still really busy.

Might be worth looking at May half term provided it doesn't coincide with a French holiday (they have Ascension Day as a public holiday and next year it is 13 May - because it's a Thursday most people take the Friday off as well).

These days though, who knows any more!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Hi, we did the week leading up to Easter a couple of years ago. We arrived on the Sunday (a week before Easter), sun/mon/tues were brilliant, really low crowds, nice weather, got loads done. Wednesday got a little busier but not manic, Thursday was a lot busier and Friday was mayhem, couldn't even get a FP for most rides before we had to leave late afternoon. I would hate to see how it was sat/sun/mon.

If you could manage to avoid Easter weekend it will be grand but if you can't I wouldn't worry, just enjoy it, especially after all we are going through this year
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
Hi, we did the week leading up to Easter a couple of years ago. We arrived on the Sunday (a week before Easter), sun/mon/tues were brilliant, really low crowds, nice weather, got loads done. Wednesday got a little busier but not manic, Thursday was a lot busier and Friday was mayhem, couldn't even get a FP for most rides before we had to leave late afternoon. I would hate to see how it was sat/sun/mon.

If you could manage to avoid Easter weekend it will be grand but if you can't I wouldn't worry, just enjoy it, especially after all we are going through this year
Fantastic to hear, we arrive on the Sunday and leave on the Thursday to get home for Easter weekend so fingers crossed!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 20, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

We were there on Easter Sunday last year - we arrived at 8am and left after 10pm - it was hideously busy.