Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jul 18, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

First time my daughter went she was 5, I packed her bags with colouring books, pens, little games etc and the ipad. Only thing that was touched was Ipad She spent most of the flight watching the movies!
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 18, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicki G
Imagineer

Nicki G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I htook colouring/puzzle books/crayons, snacks and a couple of magazines which they chose. Will be doing the same this year although I know they already plan on watching films the whole flight

Nicki
Nicki G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 18, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
slightly serious Dibber

I've gone a bit overboard with stuff this year, but whatever they don't use will hopefully be used when we are there or on the way home.

I've packed the usual Lego, books, sticker books, colouring activities, card games. Also got mini whiteboard and pen from Home Bargains, blind bags, water colouring, scratch and reveal colouring pictures, I Pads. For my youngest I've also got a selection of toy cars in a ziplock bag. I've also got a few surprises to give them at different stages of the flight.

Can't forget the obligatory snacks!
Forest32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 18, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

We just landed home on sunday and my dd is 4. We took a whole selection of things but all she bothered with was the virgin inflight entertainment, her tablet & sticket book! Oh and some snacks lol we had packed way too much for her so wont do that next year when we return!
di5ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 18, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
My kids are a bit older (12 & 10) but I pack them both a drawstring bag that goes in the rucksack. It has: headphones, iPad, snacks, word search, sudoku, playing cards. This seems to keep them occupied, and having them in the bags is really easy to whip out before putting the rucksack in the overhead compartment.
Old 12 Jul 18, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by firsttimer2014 View Post
When my children were 6 and 4 we packed a travel size Where's Wally book, little games of happy families and snap, crayons, home printed battleships pages, easy Disney themed word searches, loaded an iPod shuffle with Disney songs etc... and they were looked at for 5 minutes because they spent the entire flight clicking between the I FE and the map
That was the exact same as mine!

We also went into Smiths and I let them pick a magazine each, obviously they picked the ones that had the most tat attached, which again kept them entertained for a few minutes.

Edited at 04:33 PM.
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 18, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

I bought our eight and two-year olds a whole load of activities for our flight - they ignored most of it and watched films. We downloaded some CBeebies shows and had a free Disney Life trial on the iPad.

Sugar-free lolly pops are great for travelling, as they take a while to finish and guarantee silence for a while.

My daughter adores the Usbourne sticker books but they are quite expensive.

Personally I am too excited to focus on anything much on the way to Disney World, so understand why the kids are not interested in all these activities.
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List