Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 4 Aug 18, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Lisa. I agree with you. Not for me thank you.

Total eyesore and I'm not a fan of things on bits of wire!

They are bound to stop for loading/unloading and it will be interesting to see how they cope with thunderstorms.
Finally one assumes they will be 'open' and no air con. Mmm, so in driving rain you will get soaked and on a hot day you will get roasted.
I assumed they would be enclosed like the one's at Alton Towers. However thee weren't working at all the other week and I wonder if that was due to it being too hot. We've been on them when it's windy too and it wasn't a pleasant experience.
Old 4 Aug 18, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

When we went on the Orlando Eye, they didn't stop that for loading/unloading unless it was needed for a disabled person. I'm wondering if it will be the same sort of thing - going slow enough along the platform for people to walk on and off? They do that with rides like Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, People Mover etc.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
When we went on the Orlando Eye, they didn't stop that for loading/unloading unless it was needed for a disabled person. I'm wondering if it will be the same sort of thing - going slow enough along the platform for people to walk on and off? They do that with rides like Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, People Mover etc.
Vickie. You may be right, time will tell.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

I love the gondola system at Alton Towers ( which is how I see it ), once everything is complete I'm sure it will be fab.
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
DiscoD6381
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Plato View Post
They have been designed in such a way that they will rarely need to be slowed or stopped for access and with an estimated capacity of between 200 to 400 people a minute they are going to blast the bus journey and wait times out of the water.
I hope they are great and that they have designed them well. Disney usually do things well but I can't see how they will be that fast. Have they published journey times? Call me cynical but I can't help but think they will make the bus journeys worse to make these the better option. If they really wanted to improve transport they would extend the monorail but I can't help think this is the cheaper option than buses and monorails. But I hope I am wrong and that they are great.
DiscoD6381 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Plato
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DiscoD6381 View Post
I hope they are great and that they have designed them well. Disney usually do things well but I can't see how they will be that fast. Have they published journey times? Call me cynical but I can't help but think they will make the bus journeys worse to make these the better option. If they really wanted to improve transport they would extend the monorail but I can't help think this is the cheaper option than buses and monorails. But I hope I am wrong and that they are great.
Don't think they have published journey times and it will obviously depend on start and end, but estimates of between 12 and 21 minutes have been discussed for the longest journey with no waiting like you have to for a bus.

Will have to wait and see the reality.
Plato is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'm looking forward to them and don't mind how long it takes to get from A to B, I'm on holiday so have no rush to get anywhere.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

I’m not overly keen at the thought of it. I get claustrophobic and if they stop for any period of time id likely have a meltdown.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
2019DisneyEvans
Excited about Disney

When are they due to be opened? I would definitely use them but my husband definitely would not as he is terrified of heights. He ends up walking miles at Alton Towers while the children and I take the gondolas. I think they are a good idea and also a novelty, like another ride in a way!

Edited at 09:12 AM.
2019DisneyEvans is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

So much negativity and we know so little about how it is going to turn out.