Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 May 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
There have been tears here today. I phoned Disney as our payment was due 31st May and I just couldn't bring myself to pull the plug, so we have an extension to the payment deadline until 21st June. Poor chap who I spoke to most have thought I was loony, he explained the options and would have refunded the deposit but in the end I opted to wait as it's a DIY booking and we've paid in full for flights, plus I'm just not ready to give up all hope. So, we're still in that same limbo of waiting and not knowing and hoping for a miracle.

I don't know whether that's craziness, many would probably call it insanity, or at the very least just delaying the inevitable but I'm not ready to give up on the dream just yet.

Edited at 06:35 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
There have been tears here today. I phoned Disney as our payment was due 31st May and I just couldn't bring myself to pull the plug, so we have an extension to the payment deadline until 21st June. Poor chap who I spoke to most have thought I was loony, he explained the options and would have refunded the deposit but in the end I opted to wait as it's a DIY booking and we've paid in full for flights, plus I'm just not ready to give up all hope. So, we're still in that same limbo of waiting and not knowing and hoping for a miracle.

I don't know whether that's craziness, many would probably call it insanity, or at the very least just delaying the inevitable but I'm not ready to give up on the dream just yet.
i think that is the most sensible choice really. It gives you a bit of leeway to hear a few more details from disney. I can't help but think there may be a few more positives to come x
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post

We all on the same boat. Holding on to our last thread of hope. Anything could happen. Don’t give up!
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

We've had our flights binned otherwise we'd be in a similar boat.
the longer you can wait for a decision, the less time there is for something to change after you've decided.
I did scan for flights last night and found some good indirect ones at what would in normal circumstances be a good price !...but who knows !
Old 28 May 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
Ooo I like the idea of free parking. Honestly I would prefer to hire a car ( which I wasn’t planing to) than take the buses.
We can't all drive though so wouldn't it be fairer for it to be something for everyone, not just people with cars.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
We can't all drive though so wouldn't it be fairer for it to be something for everyone, not just people with cars.
True! But I do hope there be something to compensate thou. Gift card would be nice! 😁
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
True! But I do hope there be something to compensate thou. Gift card would be nice! 😁
I agree, a gift card would be great. We could all treat ourselves to something nice 😀
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I agree with you but it just feels pretty mean to reduce transportation AND still charge for resort parking. Surely under the circumstances and to encourage social distancing, free parking would be useful? Anyway it was just me wondering - I don’t have any idea what they will do 😬
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
rv8
Excited about Disney

just had an e-mail from BA cancelling our flights again after rescheduling two weeks ago, so getting a full refund from them, contacted the mouse for a refund too and cancelled the airport parking, absolutely gutted. Next year maybe, but expect a hike in prices ...
rv8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
TerryYa
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Free parking would benefit everyone onsite I think. Less people using resort transport means a safer environment and less waiting for those who have to use it.
TerryYa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List