Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 May 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by beeftinkler View Post
Surely if EVERY guest had a virtual queue (FP+) for every ride there would be no need to queue as you could wonder around / rest in a shaded area with drink etc. Wouldn't this then achieve social distancing?
It’s basically how Maxpass works in Disneyland. I’m speculating they’ll use a lot of the code they use for that, or stuff already developed for the new Disney Genie app to manage the new system.
Old 29 May 20, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lozkin View Post
Is that 35% a discount on a future booking or a refund on the existing booking to help cover the dining costs that will be occurred by this cancellation?
I have just read it’s 35% back on the room rate if you keep the booking. However someone on here has reported they’ll also apply it to a future booking. Could be wrong as it’s all breaking. Keep watching the thread as things change, even at Disney, who up until the early hours had 11 July as a definite hotel opening time.

Edited at 08:45 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
wrex21luke
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
UPDATE: Disney has removed wording regarding a specific “end” date for dining and experience reservation cancellations, including the Disney Dining Plan.

Dining and Experiences: In order to foster physical distancing during this time, upon reopening, our offerings, restaurants and other experiences such as behind-the-scenes tours will be limited in capacity, and other experiences may remain closed. As a result of limited capacity, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all existing dining reservations and experience bookings, including Disney dining plans included in packages, through the end of the year. We will reopen dining and experience bookings with more limited numbers closer to when the parks reopen. We will also shift from a 180-day booking window to a 60-day booking window for dining and experience bookings going forward to allow Guests to make their plans closer to their visits.

The sept 21 doesn't seem to be mentioned anymore
What was mentioned about Sept 21? That's the day we fly!
wrex21luke is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by wrex21luke View Post
What was mentioned about Sept 21? That's the day we fly!
Sorry I should have put Sept 2021 not sept 21.

Sept 2021 was mentioned as a date that dining plans were cancelled up to. Don't think that's correct.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I wonder how the 35% discount would be applied if the current booking is at a non DVC hotel as they are not opening in the first wave.

We're due to be checking in to CBR on 26th July with the DDP and tickets package booked through Disney UK Travel Company. But my understanding is that they are different to the American site and so I wonder how all this will filter through. Clearly we can't stay at a hotel that's not open, heck at the moment we can't get there anyway as borders are closed. But it sure does seem like a bit of a mess.

I'm waiting on them reaching out to me as a guest. My ADRs, FP, tickets and resort reservations are all still showing in MDE, it will be very sad when they disappear.

I've got the added complication of renting DVC through David's. This is already paid in full and is a non refundable booking, as these resorts will be open they will be able to fulfil their end of the contract, but will we be able to go?

It doesn't feel like there could be any more news to flummox us, but I'm sure they will come up with something, I don't think anyone expected this in all our speculations about when wdw would open up.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Has any of this changed on the Disney UK site yet? I know we are often behind... But I can't see it

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Yesterday I was optimistic about going in August (we were on free dining at AKL).

I think this is the final straw though. Will be cancelling. Probably not even rebooking. If I lose my deposit then so be it.
Old 29 May 20, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

So can the 35% be applied to a new booking if you move your current one ?
Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
beeftinkler
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
It’s basically how Maxpass works in Disneyland. I’m speculating they’ll use a lot of the code they use for that, or stuff already developed for the new Disney Genie app to manage the new system.
Not familiar with Maxpass, but surely Disney is missing a trick not using this period implementing a new virtual queue for all rides / experiences?
beeftinkler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
This has been posted on the Whispers Guide to WDW - obviously for American guests.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: This is official information

Beginning May 28, 2020, all dining reservations, experience bookings, Disney dining plan and Fast Pass+ selections will be cancelled. Guests with existing Resort reservations will have priority access to the new park reservation system when it becomes available. Additionally, when reservations for dining and other experiences resume, Guests who had existing reservations will receive priority access to rebook. Keep in mind, for dining locations within our parks, Guests will need a park reservations and valid admission before they can rebook dining and experiences.

Guest who purchased a Disney Dining plan and tickets for dates between May 28, 2020 and September 26, 2021 will receive an automatic cancellation and refund of their Disney dining plan.

Guest who booked resort hotel reservations with a Free Dining package for dates between May 28, 2020 and September 26, 2021, will receive an automatic cancellation of their Disney dining plan and are invited to rebook their vacation for a later date with a 35% room discount.

Plans to support required physical distancing as well as enhanced cleaning measures, along with a umber of other safety and cleanliness protocols, will be implemented as part of this planned phased reopening.
1990. - somewhere on the 192,2006 - Country Inn and Suites LBK, 2007- LA and San Diego, 2008 - Regal Palms, 2009 - OKW, 2010- Yacht Club, 2011- DCL Magic - Med,2012 - Yacht Club, 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med cruise, 2014 Carnival Breeze and the Yacht Club

Photo app trip reports Carnival Med Cruise and VA & BA UC & Club indexhttp://http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/reporter-index.php?userid=19933

Pre cruise Med http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...d+cruise+mouse
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List