Notices

Old 29 May 20, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Mobile

Abby I think they will put you in another Disney resort so you won’t be left with nowhere to stay if you do go. But that’s where my positive thinking ends I’m afraid...I can understand why they need to do this but what a rubbish holiday for everyone 😞
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

We checked out Discovery cove (as an alternative to a non Disney stay) last week. And they were doing a DC day (no swim) for £150pp which includes aquatica and Seaworld. Might be worth a look as that would be your food taken care of at DC day.

I thought about a split stay with Rosen inn at pointe for the close proximity to some restaurants and then over to universal for the remainder.

Kat

Edited at 09:33 AM.
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Still early days but it’s great you have universal passes. You could if you went down this road look at the annual pass holder rates for your trip for the onsite hotels. Ok no volcano bay but you could have aquatics and if you stay onsite other than the new resort you can pool hop.
Offsite would still be great and significantly cheaper.
You’ve got options if you do go and if the borders don’t open then you will get your flight money back. I’d assume Disney must be offering dvc cancellation as well in light of this so maybe the option of getting your rental mo way back might also change.

Kat11 - is absolutely recommend a universal trip. We love Disney but universal and offsite is brilliant too.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
We checked out Discovery cove (as an alternative to a non Disney stay) last week. And they were doing a DC day (no swim) for £150pp which includes aquatica and Seaworld. Might be worth a look as that would be your food taken care of at DC day.

I thought about a split stay with Rosen inn at pointe for the close proximity to some restaurants and then over to universal for the remainder.

Kat
That was our plan plus a couple of days at Disney. The universal hotels are great and that Rosen is a great location. We wanted the Rosen plaza next door but it was full when we originally booked, I’d recommend checking prices for there too.
Old 29 May 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
That was our plan plus a couple of days at Disney. The universal hotels are great and that Rosen is a great location. We wanted the Rosen plaza next door but it was full when we originally booked, I’d recommend checking prices for there too.
We currently have 11 nights at FQ and 3 nights at HRH. We did a similar combo last year and loved it so think we could manage to extend our universal stay if that becomes an option? DH prefers universal anyway, so I wonder if it comes to it that he might be up for a split stay between offsite and onsite?

It would be a lot cheaper overall including food. Probably about £4,000 cheaper for the 4 of us! 🤔

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

When I read the announcements this morning my first thought was of you and if this would make the decision easier for you x

I agree with the suggestions made and would start looking into other options you may fancy so you get a holiday and don’t lose the airfare. We had a week at Cabana Bay once which was a great hotel and you wouldn’t need to buy park tickets with your UOAP. Another year we had a couple of nights at the Doubletree at Seaworld doing Aquatica and Seaworld. Your Disney holiday could then be moved to next year 🤞🏻
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Abby I think they will put you in another Disney resort so you won’t be left with nowhere to stay if you do go. But that’s where my positive thinking ends I’m afraid...I can understand why they need to do this but what a rubbish holiday for everyone 😞
I did for a brief moment think to myself we may end up with an upgrade. But I think that's extremely unlikely as we're just not that lucky and also I don't think they actually want to encourage people to go to WDW it seems they are hoping people will cancel as they cannot honour all the bookings.

Kat
The kids would love to go back to Aquatica as it is a fab water park. We only went once on our 2017 trip and haven't been back since. The idea of an I drive hotel is looking more appealing as it would save £1000s some of that would be offset by the food costs, but still it would be better than nothing. Just got to wait and see what Disney UK say...'wait and see' seems to be a bit of a mantra at the moment.

Still early days but it’s great you have universal passes. You could if you went down this road look at the annual pass holder rates for your trip for the onsite hotels. Ok no volcano bay but you could have aquatics and if you stay onsite other than the new resort you can pool hop.
Offsite would still be great and significantly cheaper.
You’ve got options if you do go and if the borders don’t open then you will get your flight money back. I’d assume Disney must be offering dvc cancellation as well in light of this so maybe the option of getting your rental mo way back might also change.

Kat11 - is absolutely recommend a universal trip. We love Disney but universal and offsite is brilliant too.
I imagine we could upgrade the passes to 3 parks if we wanted. Or pay for a 1 day entry to volcano bay. The kids would love a pool hopping holiday as they always moan we don't have enough pool time!

For the DVC part we rented through David's and I know they are sticking to their rental contract, which is fair enough as I'm a grown up so I'm not moaning about them. But I have read that DVC owners are able to bank points for longer periods, so I may reach out to David's when we know more and ask them to contact the owners and see if the points could be banked. But it's not really in their interest to do this as they lose their commission...add it to the list of wait and see.

Or as the DVC part is all paid for maybe we could just do those days at the end of the trip and pay for a one off ticket to HS to see Galaxies Edge. I bet that would be pricey though but as we have a stay already booked I believe ticket purchases would be allowed. I don't know I guess I should actually try and come up with a plan.

It's all still dependent on the borders opening up and that's another wait and see

We currently have 11 nights at FQ and 3 nights at HRH. We did a similar combo last year and loved it so think we could manage to extend our universal stay if that becomes an option? DH prefers universal anyway, so I wonder if it comes to it that he might be up for a split stay between offsite and onsite?

It would be a lot cheaper overall including food. Probably about £4,000 cheaper for the 4 of us! 🤔

Kat
As you have 2 rooms booked it maybe would end up saving you money to not do Disney at all and stay offsite. Seems like we're still going round and round in circles with all this! It's madness, lucky it happened in half term as I've done nothing this morning apart from drink coffee and flit between different threads and read other people's thoughts, fears and speculation. I can't tear myself away.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Everyone has been so thoughtful, I've not said it enough, or at all, but it's heartwarming to have all your well wishes and support. I'm so grateful to everyone for advice and for sympathy and for just being there.

I know it's only a holiday, but as you all know it's special for us.

So thanks to everyone for their kind words, friendship and love xxx

Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
When I read the announcements this morning my first thought was of you and if this would make the decision easier for you x

I agree with the suggestions made and would start looking into other options you may fancy so you get a holiday and don’t lose the airfare. We had a week at Cabana Bay once which was a great hotel and you wouldn’t need to buy park tickets with your UOAP. Another year we had a couple of nights at the Doubletree at Seaworld doing Aquatica and Seaworld. Your Disney holiday could then be moved to next year 🤞🏻
It's a funny old world isn't it? I do feel like the decision is out of our control now. So, in that regard yes I think it is easier.

What to do about it? That's tough. I suppose if I think about the facts then the flights are paid so if they are on and borders are open we would lose the money if we don't go. And to be honest it's not about the money, we're so fortunate to be working from home and not have money problems so we could lose it and not be up the creek. The main thing is I do want to have a holiday. If it's possible for it to go ahead then I need to accept it won't be the trip I'd hoped for and so I should start thinking seriously about alternatives.

Old 29 May 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

I'm just catching up on the latest news but have missed the bit about your hotel? Have they said your resort won't be open?
I know not what you planned but an offsite Universal/Seaworld stay could be great and then a chilled out time at the 2 DVC resorts at the end? Would you consider a villa?
It's just so rubbish with the not knowing anything. I've never been a particularly patient person at the best of times so this is a pain in the bum at the moment!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List