Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 May 20, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Could I politely ask we get this thread back on track. It is a positive one after all!
I think that it truly was until the overnight WDW announcements and maybe the OP has thrown a metaphoric towel in.

We optimists should try to keep the September positivity thread intact

Mick
Old 29 May 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
wrex21luke
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by HeresYourEars View Post
I didn’t say. your comment was “daft”. Daft isn’t even a word I ever use. 😂 I said I disagree. So what? People disagree back-and-forth here all the time.
My apologies. I thought you were the poster of first post I had quoted.
wrex21luke is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by wrex21luke View Post
My apologies. I thought you were the poster of first post I had quoted.
No worries. xo
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I think that it truly was until the overnight WDW announcements and maybe the OP has thrown a metaphoric towel in.

We optimists should try to keep the September positivity thread intact

Mick
Yes quite. I am totally sympathetic to the position some members find themselves in after the latest announcements, I suppose it’s easy for me as we’re not doing the parks this year it was more aimed at the ‘daft’ comment more than anything else

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Heck I'll say I'm optimistic. Despite the fact that I'm certain the trip I planned is not going to happen, it's still possible that some of us could enjoy some Florida sun and some of what the sunshine state has to offer this summer. We just have to re evaluate what we want and what we are able get and strike a balance somewhere between the two.

Good luck to everyone x

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Yes quite. I am totally sympathetic to the position some members find themselves in after the latest announcements, I suppose it’s easy for me as we’re not doing the parks this year it was more aimed at the ‘daft’ comment more than anything else
Indeed so. We're lucky to have been loads of times but at 74 our visits are nothing like typical Dibbers.

Naturally we're upset that we haven't spent the last 4 weeks at Highgate but I've said on here a dozen times that I'm desperately sorry for families with young kids maybe going for the first time to see their dreams going up in smoke. Made even worse by the fact that statistically those going on a package are getting really close to having to pay the balance. What do they do? Don't pay the balance and be in breach of contract and lose their deposit. Or pay the balance and risk being cancelled and wait months to get it back.

A terrible dilemma which I've constantly empathised with.

However there has to remain some hope and that's why I will constantly try and post whatever positives can be found.

Mick
Old 29 May 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Unicorn13x
slightly serious Dibber

I'm enjoying the heat and pretending I'm in Orlando today 🌞😂 Staying positive I will be doing this for real in August. This post should have had a photo of my Hard Rock Hurricane glass in it 🙈

Edited at 07:20 PM.
Unicorn13x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Heck I'll say I'm optimistic. Despite the fact that I'm certain the trip I planned is not going to happen, it's still possible that some of us could enjoy some Florida sun and some of what the sunshine state has to offer this summer. We just have to re evaluate what we want and what we are able get and strike a balance somewhere between the two.

Good luck to everyone x
That’s what we like to hear Abby! I have everything crossed you get the best experience possible

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Indeed so. We're lucky to have been loads of times but at 74 our visits are nothing like typical Dibbers.

Naturally we're upset that we haven't spent the last 4 weeks at Highgate but I've said on here a dozen times that I'm desperately sorry for families with young kids maybe going for the first time to see their dreams going up in smoke. Made even worse by the fact that statistically those going on a package are getting really close to having to pay the balance. What do they do? Don't pay the balance and be in breach of contract and lose their deposit. Or pay the balance and risk being cancelled and wait months to get it back.

A terrible dilemma which I've constantly empathised with.

However there has to remain some hope and that's why I will constantly try and post whatever positives can be found.

Mick
I really do feel for the people in those situations. Had this been 2015 when it was our first trip I can’t tell you how gutted I would be feeling but absolutely we must have hope as there isn’t much else we can hold on to at the moment!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 29 May 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
So I'm now trying to remember every off site report I ever read and just skimmed through I'm trying to remember that Florida isn't just about Mickey and I'm trying to remember that if we do get to travel this summer it will be our privilege and we will be happy to just be together.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List