Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 19 Aug 17, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
joyo17
Excited about Disney

joyo17's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
American Airlines Flight Delay Compensation

Hi there!
We are just back from our Florida trip which on a whole was fabulous.
On the way out we flew LHR-PHL-MCO. We booked through BA but the final leg was AA & we ended up with a 6 3/4 hour delay in Philadelphia! We eventually got to our villa at 5.30am after we had been travelling for around 29 hours!

Anyway, on Thursday I emailed AA customer relations and told them the sorry tale not really expecting anything other than a standard reply. I received a reply yesterday apologising for their failings and to confirm that they are sending us 4 x $200 vouchers in the hope that we will try AA again.

The vouchers expire August 2018. We were not planning on returning to Florida until 2019. Has anyone flown elsewhere with AA? Any recommendations? I was thinking a cheeky trip to NY might be nice & more affordable!

Post holiday blues are about to bite so the sooner I an get planning something the better!
joyo17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Mobile

We also got the vouchers but couldn't use them. You could try and email them and ask them for the cash instead. See I they will do that.
Old 19 Aug 17, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
It only has to be booked by that date, not travel completed.
Bayshore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Rossalino
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi,

Do you know the reason for the delay with AA. I only ask as we booked with BA but flew with AA and our direct flight from Heathrow to Charlotte was cancelled last month and we didn't find out until we got to the airport. They had to put us on a flight to New York with a 4 hour wait but this flight then had maintenance problems and we eventually arrived in Charlotte about 7 hours or more late.

I tried to claim when I got back but they said because there was bad weather in the Charlotte area the night before and the incoming flight hadn't taken off we wouldn't be able to claim.
Rossalino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Hecky78
Excited about Disney

We had a delay in Manchester on our AA flight and have been offered cash or travel vouchers. Maybe they might be able to do that?
Hecky78 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
joyo17
Excited about Disney

joyo17's Reviews
Our delay way due to 'operational difficulties'. The plane was sat there but there was no crew or pilot as they had been delayed on their previous flight & were over hours. (Or so I'm told!)
As our flight was within the US we were not automatically entitled to anything - unlike EU flights.
Thanks Bayshore for the info - its good to know we don't have to travel before August 2018.

Edited at 05:12 PM. Reason: typing!
joyo17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rossalino
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by joyo17 View Post
Our delay way due to 'operational difficulties'. The plane was sat there but there was no crew or pilot as they had been delayed on their previous flight & were over hours. (Or so I'm told!)
As our flight was within the US we were not automatically entitled to anything - unlike EU flights.
Thanks Bayside for the info - its good to know we don't have to travel before August 2018/
Thanks, I guess we're not due anything then, due to it being down to weather.
Rossalino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List