wizzo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Arrow Rammed 2017 (I'm so shiny) Day 16 **THE END**

Day Sixteen - 31st August 2017

The index is HERE

So this was it, waking up on our last morning in America again. Going home say isn’t the greatest but we had a full day ahead of us, very little driving to do and an action packed itinerary. We were up at 8:20am. I took the kids for breakfast while Lynn finished packing (We brought her back coffee and pastry).

With all these chain hotels, a hot and cold buffet breakfast is included in the room rate and it was pretty decent considering the cheap room rate. The kids loved it at the start and end of our holiday. Mainly for the make your own waffles.

We were all packed into the Camaro by 9:40am and heading into the city centre. As you can see the weather was epic again. Thankfully we were would be indoors all day as we were heading to the Georgia Aquarium first followed by World of Coca-Cola. I had pre-paid for parking (multi-storey indoors) before we left the UK.

The football fans amongst you may have noticed a shot of the Falcons new stadium through a rainy window. Today was actually the day of its first ever game and we would see the crowds heading in this evening for a pre-season game. It is one mightily impressive stadium.

I’m afraid my notes for this morning read ‘fish, fish and more fish’. There’s not a lot you can say about an aquarium really. They are all the same……..except this one, it has Whale Sharks and they are pretty special. Quite a site to behold.

Then it was time for lunch. We had some sort of meat platters that we shared and Maddy had a Corn Dog yet again. Dessert was carrot cake for all.

After lunch there were was more fish related watching.

I’ve been flippant about this being an Aquarium and just full of fish but as aquariums go, this one is a cracker. It’s worth going to see the Whale sharks alone. If you combine this with a trip to the zoo, it makes Atlanta a great place to spend a day or two. We wouldn’t hesitate in flying back into here in the future. We’ll do it when Six Flags is open next time though!

Upon exiting the Aquarium we were delighted to see that the sun had come out!

Our next attraction was World of Coca-Cola which is about a 30 second walk from the Aquarium.

Yes, that’s supposed to be the vault that houses the secret recipe. I have my doubts that it’s in there.

This place has a lot of Coke memorabilia and some of it is really fascinating. I won’t go into too much detail as you might want to visit yourselves.

One thing many of you will recognise are the following soda dispensers!

Yes that’s right! It’s just like being in Club Cool in Epcot! Even down to the infamous ‘Beverley’. However, I would say that they have 3 or 4 times more flavours than at Club Cool. If you ever go here you must try the Frestea, it’s way worse than Beverely.

The kids then did their best to get the ticket price back in Coke Freestyle and toilet flushes.

We quite enjoyed World of Coca Cola but you can’t spend more than a couple of hour there. Worth a visit though.

As the sun started to set, it meant our time here was done. We headed back to the car and made the short journey to the airport. We dropped the car off and caught the courtesy bus to the departure terminal. As you can see from the next photo, the kids were less than delighted to be going home. Everyone reading this knows the feeling.

Check-in was a breeze and we were soon killing time in the shops.

This chocolate (much like the election) seemed a good idea to many Americans at first but leaves you with a bitter after taste.

We ate dinner at a combination of El Taco (Lovely Burritos for Lynn and I) and Pei Wei Asian Diner (kids).

Out flight back to Heathrow was good. We took off at 23:20pm which was brilliant because everyone practically went to sleep straight away and slept the whole way home.

The morning broke and meant we were in Heathrow once again with nothing but memories (and a plush Whale Shark).

The short hop to Newcastle was a breeze. Well done BA for all the flights. If you’re reading this Branson, you still have a little way to go pal to win my custom back. (Actually, you don’t, just a really cheap fare and I’ll suffer your cattle wagons again).

So that was it, the end of another brilliant trip. 4 Days at WDW was enough for us again. The variety of this trip was brilliant, the cars were fun (all three of them), the weather was dodgy at times (but we came back tanned) and most of all we had fun.

It’s been hard work finding the time to write this trip and it’s been way too long getting it finished. For that I apologise and if you’re still reading along you deserve a medal. Some of you may or may not know that we got the kids puppies for Christmas and that means they (and us) are reluctant to leave them in kennels when they are only babies. For that reason, we have absolutely nothing booked this year.

This is Millicent Evangeline and Isabella Aurora (Ridiculous names by Lynn). We know them as Millly and Bella.

Like the kids, I don't have a favourite... but if I did, it would be Milly

There is talk of taking the dogs to Scotland, getting a log cabin and walking the legs of them, or even a canal holiday, which again is dog friendly. We will do something but you might have to wait a year for another one of these reports. With luck, it will mean that life isn’t so busy and stressful and I’ll do one justice and in a timely manner.

I leave you with nothing but thanks for reading another one of these and listening to my endless moaning and take on life.

Until next time!

Wizzo

2023 Trip Report - COMPLETE HERE

My old trip reports are all HERE

wizzo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Another great trip report. Have loved reading along. I’m still chuckling at the yoga mat!
Old 16 Jun 18, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

Great trip report, have loved reading them and Lynn's random photos
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

Enjoyed following along. You sure pack a lot into your holiday! We really liked St Petes and stayed in the Grand Plaza in 2014.
Hoping Lynn got her Kindle back, I too would have been devastated to have left mine behind too...
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Love your reports!
Old 16 Jun 18, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Rob & Jan
Being a bit Goofy

Three days in one go-what a treat! As usual a fabulously entertaining trip report, sad that there won't be a US one this year but I'm sure you will have an equally fun holiday with Bella and Milly.
Rob & Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great trippie thanks for taking the time to do it, and wherever you end up this year have a fantastic time and will look forward to your next trippie

Joan
Old 16 Jun 18, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Another fantastic trip report, thanks for sharing.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Well done for reaching the end. Enjoyed as always
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Aww another great report. Thanks for sharing! Lovely dogs, although I am sad this means no report to read this year.
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List