Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Apr 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by speedwayfan View Post
TBH I really though you were joking about this until I read your update - I've been flying UC at least twice a year for over 15 years and never had sandwiches in cling film. The crew must have been seriously bad, either that or they forgot to load the UC afternoon tea and you were given Econ/PE leftovers!

OP - I think 'Mr Tom's' photos are pretty up to date (I know it's recently changed from sandwiches to rolls) but, if you want any info from my flight next week, just let me know.

Jill

Edit - I quite like cheese and onion
Thank you Jill, much appreciated! 😊
Old 17 Apr 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by speedwayfan View Post
TBH I really though you were joking about this until I read your update - I've been flying UC at least twice a year for over 15 years and never had sandwiches in cling film. The crew must have been seriously bad, either that or they forgot to load the UC afternoon tea and you were given Econ/PE leftovers!

OP - I think 'Mr Tom's' photos are pretty up to date (I know it's recently changed from sandwiches to rolls) but, if you want any info from my flight next week, just let me know.

Jill

Edit - I quite like cheese and onion
Hiya Jill, the PE/economy bit crossed my mind, especially as both sandwich halves were tained by the C&O and inedible for us, but the return service/food was abysmal, steak like a shoe sole, seared tuna frozen solid in the middle, as all had swapped out their food by the time we were served there was absolutely nothing for our dinners. Hubs had cheese and biscuits and I was given a leaf and tomato salad that was very nice, the lovely crew lass claimed it was from PE but I believe it was her meal, which she still gave me after I said absolutely not as she needed the energy. The lass hid me a dessert, it disappeared, and the hot water for tea/coffee was barely tepid, when it was brought it was plonked down with no milk or sugar or even an offer of some - hence why I believe there was a problem on that aircraft, ovens/heaters not working correctly for example and the crew possibly chowed off with it. It was appalling for any cabin class, but very disappointing in UC. We'd flown UC the year before (afore the cut backs) and it was excellent, hence my sticking with our 2nd time being a total exception to the norm.
Old 17 Apr 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We had a roll like the one in Toms photo, it was very nice but blimey those seeds went everywhere! That must have been in Economy as we wouldn't have had it on the return journey.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
We had a roll like the one in Toms photo, it was very nice but blimey those seeds went everywhere! That must have been in Economy as we wouldn't have had it on the return journey.
Was it a soft roll Sue, I ask as the one in Tom's photo looks stodgy, but looks can be deceiving. When at home we like a soft bread, Danish in particular, we may have to keep up our Boots Meal Deal tradition
Old 17 Apr 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Was it a soft roll Sue, I ask as the one in Tom's photo looks stodgy, but looks can be deceiving. When at home we like a soft bread, Danish in particular, we may have to keep up our Boots Meal Deal tradition
Chris. It's free! Therefore it's lovely. Mmm, maybe it's not free and it's all part of what we pay sadly.
I do stick by my assertion though from many posts on here. Over the last 2 years VA have hugely upped their game on the food in PE and UC. The UC food in particular is excellent.
Sorry but I can't speak about Econ.

So says Tom who today went to M & S and spent £21 on food that expires today. All frozen ow and total value before the reduction was well over £70! Has to be done.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 09:17 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Chris. It's free! Therefore it's lovely. Mmm, maybe it's not free and it's all part of what we pay sadly.
I do stick by my assertion though from many posts on here. Over the last 2 years VA have hugely upped their game on the food in PE and UC. The UC food in particular is excellent.

So says Tom who today went to M & S and spent £21 on food that expires today. All frozen now and total value before the reduction was well over £70! Has to be done.
Tom, as an aside but still VA, have you seen VA've reduced PE seat width to 18.5 and UC to 20 on the new A350? Plus the arms are immoveable in PE. My guess is they're keeping down with BA/other carriers who claim they have a decent economy premium, err, no you don't at those widths. Hoping VA keep the current Man A330 config for a few years to come.

YUP, can't beat a bit of M&S knock down
Old 17 Apr 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

PE not so good, but the new UC looks amazing. Can’t wait to try it out! 👍🏼
Old 17 Apr 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post

So says Tom who today went to M & S and spent £21 on food that expires today. All frozen ow and total value before the reduction was well over £70! Has to be done.
Tom they have improved the food in Economy too.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I smiled at the irony, UC on the A350 has less width than PE on the, soon to be gone, 747's and A330. I'm a width lass thro and thro, come to think of it, so is hubs

Defoe wouldn't pay PE prices on the A350 so wouldn't aim to fly on that aircraft. It may be the first time some don't moan about the new aircraft not being at Man
Old 18 Apr 19, 06:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I'm a lover of the 747 UC layout but sad to say they will soon be consigned to history. We wont see that much space again on a transatlantic flight.

I do agree with you the new UC cabin looks very nice.

We have caned VA UC for this year with Miles seats, Reward upgrade seats and totally free ones! I suspect we will be back in PE for a while whilst I build up our Miles again.

And how did this post go from tea, to M & S food and ChrisS liking wider things.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List