Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Apr 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
dippy lippy
Excited about Disney

Has anyone actually received a refund from VH?

Just out of interest - wondering if anyone has actually received a refund for their cancelled Virgin Holidays trip?
My son has requested a refund for his cancelled trip (request made via form sent by email) - but he is yet to receive a phone call as was advised when he submitted form. I guess he will have to call Virgin - might find it helpful if anyone has done the same?
dippy lippy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
eggsRspecial
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Unfortunately you might be waiting a while for any response. Going off comments on twitter it looks like lots of people are in the same situation.
twitter/search?q=virginh...d_click&f=live
eggsRspecial is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
dippy lippy
Excited about Disney

I don't do twitter - but blimey just read through some of that!
I certainly wasn't expecting it to be easy or quick, was just hoping it would be more successful than trying to get a refund from Skiworld - which is proving impossible!
As departure date is 29th April - I would have hoped for a phone call by now from Virgin
dippy lippy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We cancelled our VH flight+hotel package on 27 March on the phone, they said it would be up to 45 days before we receive the money back. I've heard they're now telling people 90 days so not sure if we should still be expecting our money back in 2 weeks or 2 months!
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dippy lippy
Excited about Disney

Thanks for replies - yes going to try ringing - will let you know how we get on.
Would be happy to rebook - but only if its at the same price!
Not too worried about how long a refund may take as long as we have something in writing guaranteeing it is on way.
Old 28 Apr 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
berniegroves
Apprentice Imagineer

Our friends received a refund from Virgin for their trip at the end of March.

They had no problems, but I think they were in the first wave of people and so nobody knew just how long this would be going on for.
berniegroves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dippy lippy View Post
Thanks for replies - yes going to try ringing - will let you know how we get on.
Would be happy to rebook - but only if its at the same price!
Not too worried about how long a refund may take as long as we have something in writing guaranteeing it is on way.
I had a refund agreed via WhatsApp on the 7th April, still no email to confirm that a refund is on its way though but the booking has totally disappeared from ‘Manage my booking’.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona3103
Imagineer

fiona3103's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

My trip was supposed to be 25/3. It was cancelled prior to that but have heard nothing. Had a cancellation email 25/3 but no refund or further contact or response to email/WhatsApp.
fiona3103 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

Can you section 75 them if they are uncontactable?

For me taking ages to refund is ok, to ignore customers is not. Especially as other companies are managing to reply to customers.

Because trips are in the future is Section 75 relevant as technically they haven’t not, not provided the services yet? For me it’s a refund I’m after for car hire which is over £1k and is supposedly fully refundable.

I appreciate others are in a far worse position than me, and I sympathise deeply with everyone’s trips being postponed/cancelled right now.

Edited at 08:15 PM.
steve30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
dippy lippy
Excited about Disney

going to make every effort possible to contact them - and hopefully speak to a person before going down the Sect 75 or insurance route as already having to do this with cancelled ski trip.