Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 May 20, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Summary of all WDW changes thread

Updated 12 June - scroll to end of this post for emails- Disney packages with free dining will now have dining removed with 35% off room rate only. No discount if you defer to next year

I will amend this post as information develops so feed back news below, but try and say if it’s known officially or rumour.

Please be aware that the info hits first in the US market, and may or may not all follow through to UK bookings.

So far I see:

1. The hotels opening on 11 July has been removed from the announcement so we do not know if that will happen (DVC is opening).

2. Fastpasses cancelled.

3. Free dining bookings removed, in the US at this stage, do not know how that will filter here. 35% discount on room rate in US as compensation. Edit see update below 30 May 9.45 regarding refund emails now being sent to US guests.

Suggestion will be no dining plans at all until September 2021.

UPDATE 11.00am - The September 2021 date now seems to have been removed and no date now given for no dining plans.

UK DINING PLANS CANCELLED. DISNEY WEBSITE SAYS UNSPECIFIED REFUND / DISCOUNT WILL BE GIVEN FOR ANYONE WITH DINING PLAN.

4. Dining reservations all cancelled, you must rebook and all new dining reservations will go to 60 days.

5. Seems it will not be possible to buy new tickets for the time being (this came out the other day).

6. Masks to be worn in designated areas, now for ages 2 and up.

7. Temperature checks, if you are over 100.5 you will be refused entry.

Temp and mask link here (thanks SnowWhite and Nimbus):
disneyworld/experi...peratureChecks

Other limitations (thanks to Nimbus for info):

Reservation system to enter the parks (existing ticket holders will be able to make reservations before new tickets sold)
New hotel reservations suspended.
All experiences and tours cancelled.
Extra Magic Hours cancelled.
Park Hours changed (generally reduced in most cases).
Shows and fireworks cancelled for the foreseeable future.
MK and AK reopen on 11th July. HS and Epcot reopen on 15th July.
No information on if and when waterparks opening.

Update 2pm 29 May 2020- link to official announcements for UK-
disneyworld/experience-updates/

Update 2.35pm 29 May- email just received by UK customers:

Dear Guest,

Following the recent announcements about the reopening of the Walt Disney World Resort we are sure that you may have questions about how this affects your booking. We are writing to assure you that we are working diligently to be able to provide answers to all of your questions as quickly as possible. As soon as we have more information about how these changes affect your booking we will be in contact to advise you of the options that are available. We kindly request that you wait for us to email with more information and to not call us, as we will unlikely be able to answer your questions at this time.

Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated while we work to welcome you back to the Walt Disney World Resort.

Kind Regards,

UPDATE 30 MAY 9.45 am

Whilst it is currently unknown as to how this will translate to the UK market (see email above for last UK communication), US guests have been getting emails now saying 35% will be taken off the room rate proportion of their booking where they had a DDP included.

Initially there had been speculation before the refund emails arrived that this 35% discount was for a future booking only, but that may have been a poorly worded communication and instead it appears to have meant a current booking, which makes more sense. Apparently the email is silent on what happens if you cancel and reschedule- Would you get the discount carried over?

As they say, watch this space for whether and how this translates to the UK...

UPDATE 30 MAY 1pm

This is the message you get if you have a reservation and try and select a magic band:

While the Walt Disney World theme parks and Resort hotels are temporarily closed, we are not currently accepting new MagicBand orders linked to Walt Disney World Annual Passholders or Disney Resort hotel reservations. Please continue to check this page for additional updates. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience during this time.

UPDATE 1 JUNE 2020

Not many updates over the last 24 hours- The UK WDW site has now taken tickets off sale.

UPDATE 2 JUNE 2020

I have seen it reported numerous places that your hotel needs to be linked in MDE before you’ll be able to book on the park reservation tool. So make sure you do that.

Unconfirmed, but UK travel agent Diztravel has said the discount for removal of dining plan will be 30% for UK guests off room rate only. As stated unconfirmed elsewhere at this point, will update as more information becomes available.

UPDATE 3 JUNE 2020 10 am

It is now widely reported by credible sources but as yet UNCONFIRMED and will also be subject to an NBA vote, that Coronado Springs is going to be taken over by the NBA for the rest of the season. Thus if you have a booking there, you may brace yourself be moved. Unconfirmed rumours abound that this may mean moving guests to Kidani Village (which has been blocked off on the DVC site for bookings) or another deluxe resort. All unconfirmed as yet but strong enough possibility to look like this may happen, so listed here. Again, watch this space.

UPDATE 4 JUNE 2020

Very little today- apart from unrelated news that Virgin hope to start flying again 20 July. The UK guests and world guests continue to wait for meat on the bones which will be posted here as soon as we hear. Stay tuned...

UPDATE 00:01 7 JUNE 2020

Just about to go to bed and noticed Disney added some more detail to its site:

disneyworld/experi...mpzPFURXnkP4WE

12 JUNE ATD EMAIL

(Thanks to wereallmadhere) ATD are now sending emails out and have applied discounts, so this has very likely come from Disney and they will probably do the same, but still waiting to see. ATD have confirmed:

- No discounts for moving holiday, if you move to 2021 you will pay 2021 prices.

- If you had free DDP you will receive a 35% discount off room booking only if you keep the booking.

This is basically the same as the US offer.

ATD email:

Update, the inevitable happened and a few hours after the ATD email, Disney Travel Company sent out this email To UK guests:

Dear Guest,

As we plan for the reopening of our Disney Resort Hotels and Theme Parks, we are keeping the well-being of our Guest and Cast Members in mind. We want to assure you that we are here to help you as we introduce new measures focused on delivering an enjoyable and magical experience for everyone who visits.

To manage attendance and foster physical distancing during this unprecedented time, we will be changing and suspending some Theme Park experiences and our Water Parks will remain closed until further notice. Some Disney Resort Hotel experiences will also be adjusted and Extra Magic Hours will be temporarily suspended. You can find out more about these changes on the Experience Update page here. As more information becomes available about these changes it will be updated on this page, so please check back regularly.

In addition, we will also be introducing a new Theme Park reservation system. You will receive access to this new system before new tickets are sold to other guests. More details about the new Theme Park reservation system will follow shortly. It is important that you have a My Disney Experience account and have linked your booking, as this will allow you to reserve Theme Park access once the system is available. We strongly recommend that you have the latest version of the My Disney Experience app on your mobile device, with location services and notifications enabled.

Unfortunately these measures have required us to cancel any dining reservations, experience reservations and FastPass+ selections you may have made. Moving forward dining reservations and experience reservations will be available to make 60 days prior to arrival to allow for planning closer to your visit.

As a result of physical distancing, capacity in restaurants and availability of dining experiences are very limited and certain experiences such as Character dining cannot be provided. Because of this, we have also made the difficult decision to cancel and temporarily no longer offer Disney Dining plans. We recognise the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry. We will be modifying your booking to remove the dining plan. You will receive a refund of the difference in your booking price if you have paid in full or a reduction in the amount due if you have not yet made final payment. As a result of these changes we have the following options available to you and we encourage you to read the below information thoroughly to make a decision based on what is best for you. You may select one of the following options and please let us know of your decision by 27 June 2020:

Accept the changes to your booking and travel as planned
If you wish to accept your revised booking you will receive a refund of the difference in your booking price if you have already paid in full or a reduction in the amount due if you have not yet made final payment.

Decline the changes and cancel your booking
If you wish to decline the changes and cancel your booking you will receive a full refund of any amount paid to date

Move your holiday to a date in 2021
Should you decide to decline the changes and cancel your booking you have the option to move your holiday to a date in 2021, subject to availability and at the prevailing 2021 rate. You must call our Disney Experts for assistance with choosing a new date as we are unable to assist with this through email.

To advise us of your decision you will need to visit the Manage My Booking section of our website here disneyholidays/wal...ge-my-booking/. You will need your 8-digit Walt Disney Travel Company International Booking Reference and your last name to access your booking. Once logged in you can select either the option to accept your booking changes and travel in 2020, modify your booking to a date in 2021, or cancel with a full refund. Please note that if we do not hear from you with a decision by 27 June 2020 we will assume that you do not accept the changes and that you wish to cancel with a full refund.

We understand how much excitement, thought and time goes into planning a Disney holiday and realise some of these changes may be disappointing. We appreciate your ongoing patience and understanding during this time.

Kind Regards

Walt Disney Travel Company International

Edited at 09:24 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
duckfan
Getting Excited

Mobile

What I read suggested all dining plans, paid for and free through to September 2021 are being cancelled and refunded where necessary.

I think that might be a nail in the coffin for those waiting (in the near term) for any free DDP announcement for next year
duckfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Good post ,so many threads on here about everything ,it’s useful to have a list

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by duckfan View Post
What I read suggested all dining plans, paid for and free through to September 2021 are being cancelled and refunded where necessary.

I think that might be a nail in the coffin for those waiting (in the near term) for any free DDP announcement for next year
Yup. My back up back up back up plan was to blow out back on site ext year with DDP. (Paid or otherwise). Guess in October next year in a value it might still be doable.

Thanks OP good summation.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
HansysMum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

On Disney booking page hotel bookings live from Jan 2021 only.

Good thread op.

2016 - CBR
2018 - AKL
2021 - Disney Magic
2024 - CBR 🫶 Portofino Bay
2025 -POR Riverside
HansysMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

Is anyone one else like us we go in october and are starting to wonder if we should change to a villa holiday
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Ok thanks for input as it develops I will amend first post.
Old 29 May 20, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Lilminx
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by darsch1982 View Post
Is anyone one else like us we go in october and are starting to wonder if we should change to a villa holiday
Yes im waiting for BAs updated T&Cs for October flights on the 1st July and if i can get a full flight refund i will be cancelling the whole holiday. If not we may still go and bin the WDW section of our holiday keep Universal and maybe book a villa and explore but that is only an option if we cant get a full flight refund

2020 victim of Covid
Lilminx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellie
Very Serious Dibber

Cinderellie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Mobile

2 years and above also need to wear masks previously it was 3 years and above

That and the dining plan changes are pushing me more towards cancelling but not sure where we stand as all booked through an agent and doubt these would be significant enough for a refund, cant go next year or afford to write off deposit so wondering what move to make next
Cinderellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lilminx View Post
Yes im waiting for BAs updated T&Cs for October flights on the 1st July and if i can get a full flight refund i will be cancelling the whole holiday. If not we may still go and bin the WDW section of our holiday keep Universal and maybe book a villa and explore but that is only an option if we cant get a full flight refund
I am actually contemplating the same its just so frustrating waiting on BA to advise aswell. I can do with parades and fireworks as we don't really pay attention to them but no fast pass and all my dining reservations and experience that I was happy i managed to get cancelled i am not happy at all paying nearly double to stay disney instead of universal and not getting anything just not worth it
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List