Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 31 Jan 15, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Lightbulb Completed boomerangs

Thought this may be a good idea

A thread where people have completed their boomerang. We can post our route and how it went. This may put others minds at rest that are travelling afterwards - also any tips or pitfalls learned?

There are lots of boomerang threads, so if we could keep this just for completed journeys. 'Boomerangers' could subscribe & update

Appologies if there is already a thread for this - haven't seen one
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!

Edited at 09:18 PM.
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 15, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Wembleygal
Imagineer

Wembleygal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ELLENUT View Post
Thought this may be a good idea

A thread where people have completed their boomerang. We can post our route and how it went. This may put others minds at rest that are travelling afterward - also any tips or pitfalls learned?

There are lots of boomerang threads, so if we could keep this just for completed journeys. 'Boomerangers' could subscribe & update

Appologies if there is already a thread for this - haven't seen one

great idea !
Wembleygal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 15, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
charleigh08
Very Serious Dibber

2013 did boomerang from Dublin to Manchester on to Orlando with Virgin and back to LGW no need to drop flight as it was terminating at LGW I saved £1200 over 4 of us this including factoring in the cost of Ryanair flight, luggage cost and Prèmier Inn for night. Bags checked in at Dublin and tagged straight to Orlando

2014 did Boomerang from Knock West Ireland back to Gatwick on the same day stayed at Prèmier Inn Gatwick for the night and flew Virgin to MCO the next day. Flight back was Virgin back into LGW we dropped the last leg of flight back to Knock with no problems at all just told check in staff at Orlando that we were not taking the last leg of flight so just wanted our bags tagged to LGW they asked no questions and were more than happy to do it. When I booked this Boomerang flight I did an online chat with a Virgin rep to tell them that I was not talking the last leg of flight they said it was absolutely no problem and that I should just tell the check staff at MCO. Again I saved £600 by doing this Boomerang flight also factoring in Ryanair flight,luggage and Prèmier Inn for a night. I've done two Boomerang flights with absolutely no problems at all and will be doing my third one this year . I hope this information helps anyone that maybe considering this option. Go for it I say
charleigh08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 15, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dog
Imagineer

I know charleigh08 has said already but its also worth people posting the their savings inc what extra expense they had to get to their start point (DUB or wherever). That way people can also see if the saving is worth the experience.
Big Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 15, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We did a Club World boomerang with BA last year. It was fantastic. We flew to Dublin from Heathrow with BA using avios so paid about £70 for 4 and stayed the night in the Premier Inn (39 euros). The following day we flew aer lingus into Gatwick and then transferred between South and North terminals airside, sat in the BA lounge in North Terminal then flew CW over to Orlando. On the return we flew from MCO to LGW and as I was suffering some serious health issues at the time I explained we would not be taking the last leg at this time, but would like to take it a few months later instead. The agent was happy to cancel our flight but apologised and said that the ticket did not allow us to book the final leg over on another date. She seemed upset that she couldn't help us and there was no question of being asked to pay more for cancelling the last leg. Our full avios were credited for all flights taken, and we retained bronze status.

Last year we paid 1200 euros per ticket to fly club world: it would have cost the same or more to fly in economy on the same flight over and back. A no brainer, and we enjoyed our time visiting Dublin at the beginning of the holiday too, and were happy to go back over at the end as well.

For us, it was easily worth the "inconvenience" of a mini break in Ireland, but this time around we have chosen to do a day trip and stay overnight in Gatwick.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 15, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post

our boomerang was completed aug 14

we flew Newcastle to Dublin with aer lingus the day before, stayed over at a crowne plaza

next day we flew Dublin - Manchester - Orlando

coming home we used the virgin atlantic bag drop at DTD to check in and asked for our bags off at Manchester giving no explanation as to why, no problem at all with this request

on arrival in Manchester we had pre booked a one way car hire (24hours) to get us back up north, this was really simple and cost us £60 which was cheaper than a taxi would have been

factoring in all costs inc flight to Dublin, hotel night before and one way car hire we saved enough on the boomerang to pay for our 4 adult Disney park passes

Edited at 11:42 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 15, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
rach&dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I had been wondering what the boomerang flight talk was all about but now I get it :-)
Old 10 Apr 15, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Just bumping this. Has anyone completed a boomerang recently (2015) ?
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 15, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
quattrorings
Trying for More Ears

although not a florida flight i have just completed a boomerang flight which was dublin - heathrow - san francisco - heathrow - london city - dublin at the end of March 2015

I ditched the London City - Dublin flight no problem - bags were offloaded at Heathrow. I booked through BA but the main London - San Francisco leg was Virgin Upper Class.

i was aware of the "if bags are not transited through to final destination then additional/multiple fees may apply" but no additional fees.
quattrorings is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 15, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Again, nor Orlando - that is coming again in the summer, but have just completed MAN/DUB/LHR/JFK/LAX/LAS/MIA/JFK/LCY//LHR/MAN/LHR/DUB/MAN with BA in Club World. No problems whatsoever. Made it easier by going HBO. Last summer did MAN/ORK/MAN/MCO/MAN with VS and positioning flights with EI. PE with VS for around £700pp plus £50 for flight to Cork.
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread