Closed Thread

Old 9 Jun 16, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Chunky Peanut View Post
i wouldnt worry about a bit of highly diluted duck poo in a pool, think of all the kids in there (and a high % of adults) who dont get out the water to pee... then theres the sweat and saliva and snot... and worse...

Enjoy your swims
To be fair if you google ducks in pools in America it's actually serious as they carry ecoli and salmonella in their poop ( probably why Disney are on the ball with it and often clear the pool). And we aren't talking the odd duck in the pool.
I agree about what you say about people but that's what chlorine is for and I like to think that humans are civilised enough to get out of a pool these days ( although saying that the woman who plonked her toddler on a potty at the side of me today in debenhams cafe , while I was eating , I may retract the above statement about civilised , but that's another thread starter)
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 16, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

Originally Posted by Chunky Peanut View Post
i wouldnt worry about a bit of highly diluted duck poo in a pool, think of all the kids in there (and a high % of adults) who dont get out the water to pee... then theres the sweat and saliva and snot... and worse...

Enjoy your swims
Oh my 😷😂

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 16, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kingroland View Post
No chance. If I spot one duck jobby, I will be seeking the manager immediately, them expect a room upgrade or personal 1 hour access to potter world for me and family on our own.
I love the word jobby
Old 9 Jun 16, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Interested to read this thread, we stayed at RPR in October and was so disappointed with it, the ongoing construction didn't help but overall felt myself wondering what all the fuss was about tbh, Imenjoyed having the express passes etc but wished I had stuck to my original choice of Portofino , I had so looked forward to it

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 16, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
macchu picchu
Excited about Disney

Once stayed at the Beach Club at Disney and there were ducks in the pool too. Just one of those thing - difficult for any staff to stop them flying in. At the RPR, my son amused himself with the waterproof camera taking photos of ducks feet! We thoroughly enjoyed our visit in Oct - the staff were great, enjoyed the pool area and didn't hear any construction.
macchu picchu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 16, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
PenguinPatter
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Booked to stay here next year and now I'm worried. Stayed at hard rock hotel for one night previously but didn't have enough time for pool etc so booked two nights royal Pacific but don't want my baby swimming with duck poo
Old 10 Jun 16, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookle
Apprentice Imagineer

Meh, I'm staying there, not worried. The TripAdvisor reviews are excellent.
Old 10 Jun 16, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

the ducks appear to be the the latest complaint about RPR, I stayed there for a week last year and yes I saw ducks but I honestly cannot remember noticing any duck " jobby " in the pool, I am sure that if I had I would have just moved away from it , but I would have remembered doing so .

I am certain that the ducks do not discriminate between the hotels, I doubt very much they hold meetings as to which hotel to invade so you are likely to get them at all the Universal hotels, I have seen them at Hard Rock but I didn't notice them at Portofino, maybe there is a no fly zone restriction over Portofino and they have to obey the rules or maybe RPR was their choice of residence that week who knows.

I don't know what RPR can do about ducks but I know for sure if they were to kill them off there would be another thread with many many more complaints about that, the ducks are there and there to stay so it's just another thing to stress about .

Personaly I like ducks, Especialy crispy duck
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 16, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Kingroland
Helping Mickey

Mobile

They should have scareducks (similar to scarecrows only tailored to strike at the heart of whatever ducks fear) dotted around the area, even within the pool itself.
Kingroland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 16, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kingroland View Post
They should have scareducks (similar to scarecrows only tailored to strike at the heart of whatever ducks fear) dotted around the area, even within the pool itself.
I wouldn't mind the job of wandering around RPR scaring the ducks, I could do that quite easily
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread