Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 23 Jun 17, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Adding people to a hotel room who have AP to Club room help please

Hello
I hope someone can help please?

Just toying with the idea of buying AP's and just booking one person in a package room and adding the AP holders on after. Does this still work?

What will we have to pay extra (anyone know?) I want SL and I was wondering if we booked a golden forest room how that would work with adding the extra people on and getting the breakfast ect?

One member of the group wouldn't be visiting again.

Also do you have to have your pass before you can get a AP hotel discount, or just have one paid for and have the voucher?

Edited at 11:29 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchbounce
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Hello, when we went in May we paid 18.83 for 2 AP holders for 4 nights. Im not sure how it works in a club room, but we had a standard room and I had breakfast included, however after paying taxes they werent eligable for breakfast. You can still add annual pass holders, but others have said they have had issues with it
Old 26 Jun 17, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Can anyone hep with this for club rooms (Golden Forest)?

Thank you
Old 26 Jun 17, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

It's no different for Club rooms afaik. Only difference now being you don't get breakfast with your room tax. I would think you'd get the lounge etc and FP still. ETA - actually, I don't know about breakfast when it's included with the other in Club? I think you'll have to call or email to ask - and I'd be interested to know!

We did this at half term - added 3 of us on at room check in. Have to say, I find it a hassle as they never have the FP ready (we stayed in DLH and this has happened before too). First time we had an issue they promised they'd print them out and put them under our door - never did and it took 3 visits to reception to get it sorted! This last trip, similar situation (despite me emailing them a week before to confirm what we were doing and could we please have 2 rooms, one with 2 doubles, interconnecting if possible and could the appropriate amount of FP be ready). They tried to give us 2 rooms with one bed in each and only FP ready for the 2 people on a package - so to be frank, the email had been a waste of time - they replied to it but didn't honour any of it! 😡 First time in over 8 stays at DLH that we haven't had connecting rooms.

Reception then tried to say that they couldn't print our 5 days of FP out in one go, we could only have 2 days at a time and I'd have to go and collect (twice) for the other days. Must admit, I did say this had never happened before but the CM insisted and because I'd been at reception for over an hour (horrific queues and the amount of paperwork these days is huge!), I just gave up and thought I'd deal with it the next day! When I returned to get our next lot they hadn't even printed them out and tbh I had a bit of a time as had to explain it all again - I wasn't happy but remained pleasant and in the end (after another 40 mins!), the CM agreed it was silly and printed out our remaining FP and just changed the dates manually with his pen and a stamp!?

My parents (package) had breakfast, but despite us paying the room tax we did it get breakfast, but that could be because it's no longer offered at DLH unless you get half board.

So, in summary - yes, it can still be done, but personally, I think they are making it much harder to do it this way.

Edited at 12:55 PM.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you, it sounds a bit of a hassle but could be worth it for the saving (and excuse that I have to go back sooner as we have AP )

I will investigate further and report back
Old 27 Jun 17, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh yes it was definitely worth it for us to do it this way. But as you say, a hassle.! I guess if you aren't staying where you get FP then it's not such an issue.

If you do find out about the GF breakfast and whether it's included within room tax please do update here as I'd be interested to know. I don't think we'll stay at DLH again - SQL GF (stayed once before), would be our preference 😃
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

I hope they don't stop being able to add people on check in. TBH I wish they would start selling room only same as WDW then add tickets if needed.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
I hope they don't stop being able to add people on check in. TBH I wish they would start selling room only same as WDW then add tickets if needed.
It may go this way with WDTC ownership. People new to DLP are always shocked by the prices as they don't consider that the park tickets are in with the deal!

Having said all that, for us AP room route and one adult deal has always worked out cheaper but it does depend on a lot of factors.