Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 29 Jul 17, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Disaster Trip (Not Disneys fault)

Following on from my original post about taking a break in July school holidays by coach, we bit the bullet and went as it was a bargain price.

Well it ended in disaster with the tour operator being completely incompetent and failing to book and pay the tour in time with the Disney wholesaler so we ended up sitting outside Sequoia Lodge for two hours to be told the booking wasn't paid for and they had no rooms left hotel after a 14 hour coach journey We were taken to a hotel in an industrial estate 19 miles away that was arranged last minute.

Cutting a long story short, after assurances it was now sorted out (except for the onsite hotel) we then went to Disney the next day to be told that the tickets were on hold as payment had not been made, the coach company then said it had not been paid either and they wanted the coach home that afternoon with us on it or not it was up to us, and to come back to the hotel and pack ready to leave that afternoon.

We did end up with tickets late in the afternoon and we all had a whip round to raise £800 to pay the coach company to stay the extra 24 hours so we could use them.

What a bloody nightmare, that's just the very brief version.

On a positive note the parks were not as busy as I feared, of course there were long queues at some of the popular rides but the longest I saw on the app was 70 minutes, but we still did plenty and worked the fast passes where we could, We did end up missing dreams as my son and mum both fell asleep during dinner so we couldn't go back for it. If we had been on site and had the two full days and not been so exhausted and stressed it would have been a great trip, didn't put me off going in the summer.

Edited at 12:37 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 17, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

oh good lord that sounds like an absolute nightmare!
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 17, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
What a nightmare. Fair play to you though that you still managed to have a good time and not let it beat you !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 17, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Oh my god. That's my worst nightmare. I'm pleased you managed to retrieve some of your break.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 17, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Think you should name and shame here.
Old 29 Jul 17, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

Horrific !
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 17, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Is there any way you can get your money back?
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 17, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Its a local firm called Links Tours, Wrexham. If you google them I have no doubt you will see newspaper articles about the fiasco.

We are putting in claims against them and we paid by credit card thank god so we are covered whatever happens.

Thankfully everyone on the coach was lovely and we all worked together to get through it and make the best of what we could do, probably wouldn't have hardly spoken to any of them if this hadn't happened so there are always silver linings!

Edited at 01:23 PM.
Old 29 Jul 17, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Oh no, what a nightmare. I really hope you can get your money back, and I'm so pleased you managed to make the best of such an awful situation. I googled it and came across their Facebook page - I can't believe their attitude and how rude they are being in their replies.

Also very interesting to see the coach company boss saying he had told the driver to stay with you for the duration of your holiday, and to refuse your whip-round! Um, does he really think anyone will believe that? I get that he hadn't been paid either, but it sounds like he suddenly realised it was going to be in the papers and that he'd better change his story to make himself sound like he was on your side, and that the £800 was money you all thought you'd just give the driver for no particular reason!
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 17, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Oh my goodness. I would never do a coach tour anyway - I hate taking longer to travel than the time I spend somewhere! But this company really need a slapped wrist.

Guess you'll be looking for cheap flights next time...!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List