Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Aug 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Just been telling my DH about this since I met him at the station for the train home after work.. what a day, feel like we have all lived through this today! So pleased you are sorted out and although its cost you 1k and a day, its done now... gosh you must be mentally shattered.

Without reading back a few pages, not sure if its on there or not, but where are you now? Hope you are finally managing to settle and relax and think about your travel day again... press the reset button and lets get this holiday started! Hope you've had a nice meal by now and a well earned cocktail or two... Hugs to you all.
Thank you. Don’t blame you for not reading all the pages 😂 you’d be here all night. So we are now in a hotel next to Gatwick airport. Flight is with Thomas cook tomorrow at 10:45am.
Could have booked with virgin today at 1pm but would have cost £4000 🤔 obviously no brainier to book Thomas cook at just under £1300. With 2 checked in cases. X
Old 22 Aug 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Ah great, I knew you had sorted out your flights I just wasn't sure where you had got to hotel wise...

Have a wonderful journey tomorrow!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Invisible Man
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by boarder4life View Post
As others have said memories and being their for your family is priceless.

Imagine the rest of the family went through and then the credit card issue happened on her own and they were unwilling to not deal with it because it wasn’t the card holder.

The family stuck together and helped each other out. You cannot put a price on that or a family holiday in my book.

Let’s be honest holidays are stressful enough and blame and fall outs could have easily happened in that situation. It says a great deal about yourselves as a family in a crisis. You should be proud with over coming such a nightmare of a situation
Agree, it’s great how the family stuck together and didn’t fall out over it. I love my DOH to bits and we rarely fall out, but stressful situations is the one trigger for us to fall out. If this had happened to us, I would be in the doghouse (whoever’s fault it was) and we wouldn’t be speaking to each other for the rest of the day..

Glad everything worked out for Rachy and family and hope they have a fantastic holiday..

Edited at 08:45 PM.
Invisible Man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

That’s great you managed to sort ... we’ve all been there with airport mishaps , my OH only booked one flight by mistake once... that was an expensive mistake too! Best thing to is laugh through it, hope you have an amazing time! No point dwelling on what has happened - could’ve happened to anyone! Xx
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Imagineer

Hope all goes smoothly tomorrow
MickeyYay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sunjue100
VIP Dibber

sunjue100's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
OMG have read through this thread with my heart in my mouth. So glad your now sorted, hope you have a fantastic holiday. Well done to you all for keeping calm under such stress and especially your lovely daughter not surprised your so proud 😁
Old 22 Aug 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Edin
Excited about Disney

WOW what a read (yes i have read all 43 pages ) & nail biting stuff.

So glad you got your flights sorted for tomorrow and hope you have a great holiday.
Edin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
Agree, it’s great how the family stuck together and didn’t fall out over it. I love my DOH to bits and we rarely fall out, but stressful situations is the one trigger for us to fall out. If this had happened to us, I would be in the doghouse (whoever’s fault it was) and we wouldn’t be speaking to each other for the rest of the day..

Glad everything worked out for Rachy and family and hope they have a fantastic holiday..
Thing is I could blame Carl but then if I had checked my esta to start with I wouldn’t have started applying . It’s all been out of our control. Such a shame really esta didn’t approve it quicker. There was another girl there who was flying to Mexico and getting a connecting flight from the US and she didn’t know she needed an esta. She applied an hour before me. Her flight was an hour before mine and hers never got accepted so she missed her flight. I knew I would end up missing mine then. X
Old 22 Aug 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jomarise
Getting Excited

Been reading this thread all day, I am so glad you are finally going but so sorry you have had so much stress today. I will be checking our Estas again before going.

I really hope you all enjoy your holiday - As soon as you are on that flight tomorrow you should order a nice glass of bubbly. Have a lovely time xx
jomarise is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I am so glad you are going tomorrow and what a nightmare for you,

One thing I learnt which I will always do now at home is print off my ESTAs (didn't bother last year) so if a problem like this comes up you would know sooner.

Hope you have a good night and a fantastic holiday xx
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List