Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Aug 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ricky
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by iloveholidays1 View Post
Fuming with BA. will only offer a flight back three days later than planned as we’ve upgraded to WTP! I asked about partner flights and they refused to change because of upgraded flights and that no agreements are currently in place with other airlines. I will need to try again tomorrow. with upgrades and seat allocation we’ve paid over £1600, but she told us our refund would be £1037. if we cancel the return ticket she kept on about having to change our outbound price. innocent customer being well and truly shafted springs to mind
So is it your return flight that's affected? Us too, return flight cancelled. So if I'm understanding the website correctly, the only way they'll cough up is if we get a refund on the full booking, not a refund on the return flight? We've seen return flights with another airline, but we can only pay for it if we get a full refund from BA, and would then have to book a new outbound flight?
ricky is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUKinOrlando
Imagineer

We had to switch from London back to Orlando. Now going with Virgin Atlantic. Got a refund from BA but it doesn't look like they've refunded the pre-paid seats that I booked. Does anyone know if they refund these? I can't find it on their site and calling them right now would be a hopeless case.
MarkUKinOrlando is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
iloveholidays1
Apprentice Imagineer

First time booking with BA I’m not impressed.
ASSports Oct/Nov 2014 ASSports August 2016 POFQ Aug/Sept 2019
Cabana Bay/Carribbean Beach Jan/Feb 23
iloveholidays1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
iloveholidays1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUKinOrlando View Post
We had to switch from London back to Orlando. Now going with Virgin Atlantic. Got a refund from BA but it doesn't look like they've refunded the pre-paid seats that I booked. Does anyone know if they refund these? I can't find it on their site and calling them right now would be a hopeless case.
They don’t seem to be taking into account any of the extras that have been paid. Useless
ASSports Oct/Nov 2014 ASSports August 2016 POFQ Aug/Sept 2019
Cabana Bay/Carribbean Beach Jan/Feb 23
iloveholidays1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
So daughter and partner were returning to U.K. with me on 12th but that flight is disrupted despite not being a strike day. Spent three hours trying to book for the 13th no luck. Thought I’d try Saturday and bingo. Now booked on Saturday.

The conspiracy theorist in me says they deliberately had the next day with issues so they had plenty of availability. If it was just me going I wouldn’t have changed it but DD etc are at work Saturday evening

Good luck everyone.

PS

As DD now has an extra 2 nights parking can we claim that from BA?

Edited at 12:00 AM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
redfox5
slightly serious Dibber

redfox5's Reviews
Mobile

Oh I'm really annoyed now. Just had a quick look on skyscanner to see how much alt flight would be in case ours is cancelled and our potentially disrupted flight comes up to book but at a much more expensive price! Grrrr! Surely they shouldn't be selling seats if they are not sure it will go ahead? Its showing at 7,000 for two people in economy. Shocking!
Old 24 Aug 19, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
kylali
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
So daughter and partner were returning to U.K. with me on 12th but that flight is disrupted despite not being a strike day. Spent three hours trying to book for the 13th no luck. Thought I’d try Saturday and bingo. Now booked on Saturday.

The conspiracy theorist in me says they deliberately had the next day with issues so they had plenty of availability. If it was just me going I wouldn’t have changed it but DD etc are at work Saturday evening

Good luck everyone.

PS

As DD now has an extra 2 nights parking can we claim that from BA?
We are flying back on the 12th and I just assumed we would be ok now?! I've been in manage my booking and there is a bit about the strike but it's still allowing me to book seats on my return flight 🤔
kylali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

We've just had the email to say our return flight on 8th September is cancelled and to rebook. How is everyone rebooking? Maybe my panicked state but I can only find a refund option currently 😭
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
redfox5
slightly serious Dibber

redfox5's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bellesdream View Post
We've just had the email to say our return flight on 8th September is cancelled and to rebook. How is everyone rebooking? Maybe my panicked state but I can only find a refund option currently 😭
From what I can gather you can only get a refund if you cancel both flights even if one is not affected. From what I'm reading on Twitter people are struggling to rebook and the help lines have closed. I think you may have to call them in the morning. Hope it all gets sorted for you.
Old 24 Aug 19, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks redfox5. I've DM'd them on twitter and tweeted them so I'm hoping they reply quickly. I don't really know what to do at the moment - the downside of booking DIY 😭😔
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List