Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Aug 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Petkat77
Getting to know the DIBB

After over 5 hours on hold, my call was answered
Explained final balance due today and although flying on 28th (not a strike day) returning 14 October, I would like to cancel the flydrive as I had found flights on Thomas Cook flying 27th Sept returning 14th October (799.99 total amount for flights for 2). Advised I would loose my £300 deposit. Which I knew I would.
BA did state my flights were not impacted at this point in time, offer to extend final payment date for another week to see what happens.
The issue I had is our son is flying out on separate flights to us, not with BA and I could visualise him being in Florida and us being delayed, knock on effect of planes not being in the correct place etc etc.
Made the decision to cancel BA. The lovely guy went away to speak to someone and came back to state they would cancel the flydrive and give me my £300 deposit back. An excellent result for me.

Good luck to everyone else.
Petkat77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
They obviously do not want to cancel flights too early incase the dispute gets settled, but they will be forced to cancal at 14 days to stop BA being liable for EU261 (And I'm sure this is the only reason they are cancelling them so early). That's why the 27th flights will not be cancelled until nearer 14 days from the flight.

Flight before and after can get disrupted because of planes being in the wrong position. I'm on a day before, so might be impacted, but am hopefull it will just be a very busy flight.

At the moment for Florida routes BA seem to have cancelled the 2 days only on 9th/10th (so must be assuming the pilots will fly home on the day before, which would arrive strike day).

They have also stopped selling flights on the days and the day before and after (8,11). Likewise for 26 27 28. These days before and after are not full flights and hopefully these will be used by BA to put cancelled people on.

This is not a nice time for those impacted and lets hope they get alternatives quickly.

One interesting point is that BA holidays (those who booked fly-drive or added hotel) can move the holiday forward or backwards up until a year and BA will cover any price difference (so it would be possible to move a cheap fly-drive to expensive school holiday time at no cost - You never know, might help someone)
No they havnt stopped selling twitter folks are asking why flights cx but still on sale
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Broadsword
Earning My Ears

We fly on the 27th from Gatwick. I just can't be doing with checking for furthger announcements so have cancelled my £1105 for three tickets online and rebook with Thomas Cook for £1225. What an absolute joke this is.

Im surprised they still have seats at that price point. The Virgin prices are three times the price at the moment too.
Broadsword is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by donnacraig1984 View Post
We are on ba2039 on the 8th sep. Cant get through to them.
We're on the BA2038 and I can't get through or a reply on twitter! It's a nightmare
Bellesdream is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sales finally answerd after a total of nearly 6 hours on hold to 2 different numbers. Our return flight from Orlando on the 11th Sept is defo still going.
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw1991
Imagineer

Mobile

Awful for everyone and takes away excitement. We fly 1st October...hope no strikes get planned for then
wdw1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
They obviously do not want to cancel flights too early incase the dispute gets settled, but they will be forced to cancal at 14 days to stop BA being liable for EU261 (And I'm sure this is the only reason they are cancelling them so early). That's why the 27th flights will not be cancelled until nearer 14 days from the flight.

Flight before and after can get disrupted because of planes being in the wrong position. I'm on a day before, so might be impacted, but am hopefull it will just be a very busy flight.

At the moment for Florida routes BA seem to have cancelled the 2 days only on 9th/10th (so must be assuming the pilots will fly home on the day before, which would arrive strike day).

They have also stopped selling flights on the days and the day before and after (8,11). Likewise for 26 27 28. These days before and after are not full flights and hopefully these will be used by BA to put cancelled people on.

This is not a nice time for those impacted and lets hope they get alternatives quickly.

One interesting point is that BA holidays (those who booked fly-drive or added hotel) can move the holiday forward or backwards up until a year and BA will cover any price difference (so it would be possible to move a cheap fly-drive to expensive school holiday time at no cost - You never know, might help someone)

They've also cancelled the return flights on 8th September.
Bellesdream is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
No they havnt stopped selling twitter folks are asking why flights cx but still on sale
Well try and book a flight on BA.com on a BA plane to Florida on the strike days and you will see that you cannot. You can fly indirect to mco or tpa on a codeshare (ie not a BA plane), but not on any BA plane. BA obviously has no control over those inventories and so might as well still sell those as AA will.
3rd parties might still be showing the flights, but BA has no control over companies that sell you non-existant flights (then I assume try to get you to change them).
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Bellesdream View Post
They've also cancelled the return flights on 8th September.
BA02036 and BA2038 from MCO to LGW are still showing as running on the 8th (as is ba2037/30 for the outbound) and not cancelled, only 9th/10th.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleB
Imagineer

Our flight home from San Diego on 10 Sept has been cancelled, had the text and e-mail about 10pm last night. Not managed to get through on phones. My husband has booked us on the next BA direct flight out of San Diego the next day (only BA seem to fly direct to LHR) on a fully flex ticket for about £10k! for 3 of us, should be able to cancel. We have then e-mailed BA Holidays (flight + car booking) to get it swapped over, extend car hire. I have booked extra night at hotel (cancellable). E-mail seemed to imply that we should pro-actively find alternative flights.

Rather an anxious wait now to hear back from them. I am at work so can't spend hours on the phone, and my husband refuses to as he is at an annual family reunion with his siblings and parents, one of whom we only see once a year as they live in the Far East.

I am so stressed, should be looking forward to my holiday but I'm not.

WDW Feb 2007 Bahama Bay
Beach Club/HRH/ Bella Piazza condo Oct 2010 New York April 2012
HRH and OKW August 2014. Boston, White Mts and Maine 2016
Planning for California Sept 2019
MichelleB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List