Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Aug 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
BA02036 and BA2038 from MCO to LGW are still showing as running on the 8th (as is ba2037/30 for the outbound) and not cancelled, only 9th/10th.
I'm so confused. We've had the email to say the flight is cancelled.
Bellesdream is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bellesdream View Post
Earlier posts say this was a mistake and when they get through they are being told the flights are not cancelled. But ovviosuly you get the email so you phone to be on safe side.

On expertflyer it is showing as flying and they use live feeds from BA, just the 2 strike days showing as cancelled.

But the situation does seem to be fluid. They are now selling tickets the day before (unresetricted) (8th) and for 2 days (11th, 12th) after just at the most expensive bucket in each class. That is different than earlier this morning where they were not selling them.

The later 27th strike still has no tickets being sold day before or after, but maybe that will also change. By not selling tickets it at least gives them a chance of moving people.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bellesdream View Post
I would also try manage my booking on the BA website because that will tell you if it is cancelled.

PS And the good news is BA's website is still showing them as running, whilst 9 and 10th cancelled.

Edited at 02:06 PM.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

We're away at the moment and have come to Epcot. I'm refusing to let it ruin my day. Am exhausted though. I will hope its an error and that I will get an email from BA during the day. So frustrating!
Bellesdream is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
Well try and book a flight on BA.com on a BA plane to Florida on the strike days and you will see that you cannot. You can fly indirect to mco or tpa on a codeshare (ie not a BA plane), but not on any BA plane. BA obviously has no control over those inventories and so might as well still sell those as AA will.
3rd parties might still be showing the flights, but BA has no control over companies that sell you non-existant flights (then I assume try to get you to change them).
Not everyone affected is flying to Florida 1🙄
My flight was on the 12th BA told me it would be cx since then it's been selling at €450 one way. I'm not alone it's not just strike days affected. Tried phoning no answer. Manage my booking stated the situation I'm not booking through a third party. I'm not alone. Regardless of what is and what is not showing now this is one almighty cock up. People have cx flights on days where they didn't need to because they couldn't get through to customer service.

Edited at 02:41 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Much as I understand the anger and frustration the strike has caused, I think it best to wait it out a bit and let things settle down. I wouldn't be cancelling anything just yet, let them call you and take it from there, or call them after the B/H and go through the options.

My son has flown out to Chicago today and his return has been "cancelled" yet looking on BA.com there are around 20 alternative flights being sold, all on AA and all with 1 stop but I'm positive he will get home, hopefully on the day or a day or 2 later.

Looking at Orlando and Tampa there are a similar amount of options available on the strike days, ok it's not non-stop but it gets you there or back.
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’m not going to Florida but I booked hotel and flights with them, fly home on the 9th. Just had an email saying they have cancelled the package and refunded me. If I want to keep the booking I had to repay the amount back, which I’ve done, so we can get to Amsterdam but not home to LGw, there are flights available to London city that are extortionate but that’s not my problem they should put us on one of those but I guess logic doesn’t help
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Not everyone affected is flying to Florida 1🙄
My flight was on the 12th BA told me it would be cx since then it's been selling at €450 one way. I'm not alone it's not just strike days affected. Tried phoning no answer. Manage my booking stated the situation I'm not booking through a third party. I'm not alone. Regardless of what is and what is not showing now this is one almighty cock up. People have cx flights on days where they didn't need to because they couldn't get through to customer service.
True, not everyone is flying to FLorida, which is why I qualified it, as my information related to Fl flights, which thedibb tens to be focused on.

I hope you get it sorted.

Just noted flyertalk has an excellent thread on the issues where options etc are being shown. Interesting, some say hold off as more options may be added in the next day or two. Easier said than done though, because space fills up on what is available. Worth a read.
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lovesholidays View Post
I’m not going to Florida but I booked hotel and flights with them, fly home on the 9th. Just had an email saying they have cancelled the package and refunded me. If I want to keep the booking I had to repay the amount back, which I’ve done, so we can get to Amsterdam but not home to LGw, there are flights available to London city that are extortionate but that’s not my problem they should put us on one of those but I guess logic doesn’t help
Try talking with them. In the FAQ they tell you to book a BA alternative and they will refund the difference (Seems to only apply for package hols and not flight only which you had so it might work for you - LCY is still LON and they should allow it).

Edited at 03:21 PM.
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

So my husband got through to netflights who have told us our flight from mco-lgw on the 12th is going ahead and if we want to change it we will have to pay. 🤞 This is correct.
natanddaz is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List