Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 28 Aug 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

We are here now staying onsite only arrived yesterday and have been watching the news. In fact we're watching right now and Dorian is now a hurricane and due to hit Florida this weekend. Sunday into Monday 115mph winds they're saying 😐.

Edited at 08:12 PM.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellesdream View Post
We are off on the dream on Friday as well! First time cruisers and really nervous! I think this holiday has a curse for us at the moment!
Royal carribean have closed their island coco cay.
I'm not sure what to do at the moment, I'm also an over planner.
We're off to cabana bay on Monday for 6 nights and I'm a little worried we're docking and driving in a hurricane.
Do we just wait for DCL to contact us?
My TA says yes we wait for disney who will leave it as late as possible to get the best idea of what the storm is likely to do. This gives them time to try to re-route to avoid outright cancellation or for the hurricane to shift (weather experts are not very hopeful for this though). Are you here already? the likely impact/landfall is changing all the time so it is tough to plan with any certainty. If I hear anything definitive I will pop an update on here.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by salmon70 View Post
We are here now staying onsite only arrived yesterday and have been watching the news. In fact we're watching right now and Dorian is now a hurricane and due to hit Florida this weekend. Sunday into Monday 115mph winds they're saying 😐.
We are at Pop Century and due to check out friday, now we are wondering if we will be here longer! the forecast has gotten worse rather quickly though this may be typical with hurricanes - we have no idea. Hope you get a few good days in before the storm lands!
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Merryweather17 View Post
I asked to see if people had any experience of this and the sort of timescales for decisions from disney, it is nice to see that we may be sharing our cruise with other dibbers! Our TA got back to say she is expecting disney to decide what they are going to do after the 5pm local NHC updates. Friday and even saturday are not at issue if they re-route, it will be coming back on Monday due to that being the day the hurricane is due to make land. Based on current estimates it may land anywhere from Miami to Georgia so getting out not an issue - getting back in 3 days is! Hopefully your flight will make it as it sounds like you are due a relaxing break!
Thankyou. I've just booked an extra night at the airport Hyatt in case our cruise leaves a day late. (We can cancel the booking up to midnight on Friday - hopefully we'll all know a bitt more by then!)
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Just heard that Disney have made no decision about Friday and Mondays dream cruises. Fantasy is going on Saturday with possible itinerary changes.
Old 29 Aug 19, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Quick update, Florida governor declared state of emergency for Sunday/monday. Not sure if this will impact Disney's decision, but it is likely it will have some impact on the Friday and Monday cruises!
Old 29 Aug 19, 02:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

My TA says yes we wait for disney who will leave it as late as possible to get the best idea of what the storm is likely to do. This gives them time to try to re-route to avoid outright cancellation or for the hurricane to shift (weather experts are not very hopeful for this though). Are you here already? the likely impact/landfall is changing all the time so it is tough to plan with any certainty. If I hear anything definitive I will pop an update on here.
Thanks merryweather. We're in POFQ, leaving on Friday morning for the cruise then checking in to cabana bay on Monday in theory.
We're hiring a car tomorrow until we fly back on 8th and I'm feeling a little worried about driving back if there is a hurricane and that the car will be OK.
So worried!
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 02:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

Quick update, Florida governor declared state of emergency for Sunday/monday. Not sure if this will impact Disney's decision, but it is likely it will have some impact on the Friday and Monday cruises!
Have you spoken to pop century about staying longer? I don't know whether to speak to them or wait for DCL to decide what's happening.
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 05:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellesdream View Post
Have you spoken to pop century about staying longer? I don't know whether to speak to them or wait for DCL to decide what's happening.
I spoke to a lovely lady at Pop and she said that there was a little availability over the weekend however then she went and checked with a colleague. The colleague came back and said we would be going on the cruise as they never cancel and will just go round the storm, I tried to explain that this would be tricky as we are due back at pretty much the time a cat 3 hurricane is due to hit but she just said we were going anyway. This attitude really annoyed me as it is almost like they don't care so long as they get to run a cruise and not have to cancel! We will see what dcl come up with by tomorrow, a lot depends on what the NHC says next and if the storm continues to intensify. The short notice is very frustrating and I do feel a little bit like we are playing chicken with having somewhere to stay but with a cool head on I honestly think I would pay to go somewhere else sunday/monday maybe with internal corridors just in case of a curfew. Before anyone says this is impossible/ridiculously unlikely, it is my holiday paranoia and I can cry if I want to
Old 29 Aug 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
FindingMerida
Apprentice Imagineer

FindingMerida's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I spoke to a lovely lady at Pop and she said that there was a little availability over the weekend however then she went and checked with a colleague. The colleague came back and said we would be going on the cruise as they never cancel and will just go round the storm, I tried to explain that this would be tricky as we are due back at pretty much the time a cat 3 hurricane is due to hit but she just said we were going anyway. This attitude really annoyed me as it is almost like they don't care so long as they get to run a cruise and not have to cancel! We will see what dcl come up with by tomorrow, a lot depends on what the NHC says next and if the storm continues to intensify. The short notice is very frustrating and I do feel a little bit like we are playing chicken with having somewhere to stay but with a cool head on I honestly think I would pay to go somewhere else sunday/monday maybe with internal corridors just in case of a curfew. Before anyone says this is impossible/ridiculously unlikely, it is my holiday paranoia and I can cry if I want to
This attitude drives me crazy! I know they must get people panicking all the time but you have genuine reason to think it might be cancelled. I’m sure Disney would extend your stay given you are onsite and it’s their cruise you are meant to be on!

We had a BA flight cancelled for hurricane Matthew. Miami airport had announced they were completely closed and we were due into MCO the next day. It was blatantly obvious MCO would be closing but BA refused to change my flight without penalties until it was officially announced. I kicked up a huge fuss and they eventually let me... then the agent was shocked and couldn’t understand why all the other flights seemed to be full?!? We were lucky we got there at all (others on here had to cancel completely).
May 2016 - DLP Newport Bay Club Oct 2016 - DIBB Villa, BLT
Jun 2017 - DIBB Villa, HRH, AKV
Mar 2018 - DLP Magic Circus Jun 2018 - DCL Magic 7 Day Med
Sep 2018 - DLP 36K Challenge Nov 2018 - DLP Sequoia Lodge at Christmas
Apr 2019 - DIBB Villa, AKV, BLT
Sep 2019 - DLP 36K Challenge
Oct 2019 - DCL Fantasy 7 day Western Caribbean
Sep 2020 - DLP 36K Challenge
FindingMerida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List