Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 1 Feb 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Resort fee- Vegas rip off which is now spreading like a cancer through US wide tourist areas.
Old 1 Feb 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Ignore previous post! Have found that I can book it through the avios part of the BA website. Had to scramble to find the last 1,000 missing avios that I didn’t transfer when avios closed! Turns out DH had them sitting in a BA executive account, that he didn’t know he had!
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by HermioneFuzzle View Post
Thanks for this. Am looking on BA now- on the passengers page of the booking. Where/how do you add in the avios points for payment? I’m scared to click onto the next page as I want to add to a current booking, but I also want to see if the avios thing works first!
I got to the avios option by signing in to my BA executive club account and then clicking on 'use avios'. You can also do it by going straight to your avios account. Don't think you can do it from the standard BA site
Hil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Ignore previous post! Have found that I can book it through the avios part of the BA website. Had to scramble to find the last 1,000 missing avios that I didn’t transfer when avios closed! Turns out DH had them sitting in a BA executive account, that he didn’t know he had!
Great!
Old 1 Feb 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hil View Post
Great!
Have got the avios payment page up now, using 1,200 avios and the remaining payment. I’ll have to wait it out until money is a bit less tight, then I’ll book. It’s the best price I’ve seen for the hotel of all the searches I’ve done. Knowing that you rate it so highly to keep returning means it’s a definite for us. Thank you for all your help. 👍🏻
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Have got the avios payment page up now, using 1,200 avios and the remaining payment. I’ll have to wait it out until money is a bit less tight, then I’ll book. It’s the best price I’ve seen for the hotel of all the searches I’ve done. Knowing that you rate it so highly to keep returning means it’s a definite for us. Thank you for all your help. 👍🏻
That makes me nervous, lol! I hope it lives up to your expectations :-)

When do you go? We're not there until October, so it's a bit of a wait for us.

Thank you for mentioning the BA price or I wouldn't have checked it out!
Old 1 Feb 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Resort fee- Vegas rip off which is now spreading like a cancer through US wide tourist areas.
It is pure rot. We have had quite a long break between visiting the states frequently, and not visiting so much. We never used to pay resort fees 10 years ago, and I don’t understand how they can be justified at all. We looked at a New York stopover on our last Orlando trip. Would have done it if we hadn’t read the small print about the resort fees. They were horrific.

If the hotel want a wedge of cash from me they should include it in their overall pricing. I really hope hotel websites take a stand and include it in their overall pricing. It surely can’t be helpful to the tourism industry.
Old 1 Feb 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

No, don’t be nervous! We’re not after a ridiculously posh hotel at all, but do need a decent pool with a bit of life for the kids to enjoy. The other stuff is all a bonus! We would have booked the pink shell anyway. There’s an apartment block in Tenerife that we return to year after year. Everyone who goes there returns most years. No-one really knows why, it’s just easy and in a great location with peace and tranquility on one side, and restaurants and bars a short walk on the other side. If family ever asked me to recommend a place there, I wouldn’t recommend it, because it suits us, but it’s not flashy and probably wouldn’t be their cup of tea. We just like it there. .
We’ll be at the Pink Shell in August, so I’ll report back to you!
Thank you so much again, it’s a huge help to have your input.