Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jun 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile Packing cube experts

Hi all, planning a 3 week trip on the west coast next year, I always pack too much and we always make a mess of our rooms, with 3 nights being the longest we will be in one place I’m thinking of trying packing cubes to make things easier, hoping some of you can give me some expert tips on how best to use them, there will be 5 of us in one room/suite, thanks😀
Bazinga 39 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Yes, we've used them a few times and they are especially good for road trips. We take a cube between the 2 of us into our room with clothes in and then a small one with toiletries in. It saves taking a whole case or holdall in. Just make sure to cover cases in the back of car, so no-one can see them. Also we found that when we packed them in the case there seemed to be loads of spare room.
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I couldn’t get them to work for us in terms of outfits for each day... but what we did do was have one each for underwear, one for toiletries, one for chargers etc. It meant that we always knew where key stuff was and worked out really well for our road trip.
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Baltic
Getting to know the DIBB

What had helped us last year during our road trip from Anaheim via Utah and Arizona to Las Vegas, was that we only had hand luggage.

We had each clothes for a week, with a pairs of pants and a second pair of hiking boots.
We did laundry twice, once during our 5 day stay at Disney and one time after half of our tour.
Baltic is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Tried then and hated them.

Sorry but much prefer to not use them. Using holdalls rather than suitcases negates the need for them for us, they just frustrated and made it harder to be spontaneous.

The tick we found is not to pack what you really don't need.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I pack everything for us both for individual length of stays in one large cube with a separate use for underwear and socks and toiletries in an other means only opening one vase lifting what we need out put in the drawers and suitcases remain shut only thing that changes suitcase is my hairdryer out travel kettle and the couple of plastic plates bowls and glasses etc we always take as we usually just have juice cereal in the room or if we have take out
Works well for us and I find it less stressful if we even just get one case we will both have clothes till the other turns up
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for that advice everyone, I’d never really seen much point in them before but I think they will help with it being a road trip so I’ll definitely give them a try😀
Bazinga 39 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I love them especially for road trips. We tend to pack one with shorts, one with T-shirt’s, one with under wear etc rather than packing a whole outfit in one. Just keeps everything so much tidier.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

😀 waste of time, sorry.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

we sort of use this system on all our road trips - I put my undies, hubby's undies, swim shorts etc all in their own bag with a label.
For toiletries, we've got a bag with compartments that rolls up and also has a hook so we just take it from the case and hang it up in the bathroom then when we've done just roll it back up and pack away.
Ours was from QVC years ago, but this sort of thing - smile.amazon/dp/B075S9MYQ9/ref=dp_cerb_1
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List