Notices

Old 22 Jun 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Glad to hear you got your parks booked. No way did I think you wouldn’t be on to do that as soon as you could 😂
Shame about CBR, Disney just love peeing on plans just now it seems. Fingers crossed for another resort that meets your needs and that you want. Maybe an upgrade - contemporary theme park view tell them...
Old 22 Jun 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Glad you got your parks booked - seems like a lot are still trying. Re your hotel on the announcement I saw it said if your hotel is affected and you need assistance modifying your booking to call. I can imagine how hard it would be to get through to them at this moment! What a lot of stress and hassle this whole thing is. I can understand the worries about needing to limit and control numbers but the organisation and communication has been very poor from Disney.
I literally just went for AK, HS, MK, E on a loop with a day off every 5th day no worrying about busy day guide or any other strategy. Only towards the end did I decide that while we're at Boardwalk villas we will only do Epcot and HS and while we're at AKL we will only do AK and MK. Both those resorts we have a day off for resort time too.

Thanks for the tips about CBR I'll phone, but I might wait a bit and see what happens. It really doesn't matter too much to me, if we can have somewhere else for the first few days and then switch to CBR that's fine. I just hope it doesn't end up costing loads of money.

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Great you got your Parks booked just in case!

My CBR fb group had a list of all the resort opening dates late last night and I wondered what would happen as they said 29th July for us...I know it’s not an us anymore but I still feel like it was going to be There was no dates up for All Stars so that means there would have been no where to stay on the first night either
Apparently Disney will get in contact so I’m sure you will know soon enough! If it’s not one thing it’s another... pass the cocktails
What a bizarre experience I honestly didn't stress. This is going to be our most laid back trip ever if it actually goes ahead. I checked just now and the flights are still there. So either Lufthansa are really optimistic unlike all the other airlines or they are not as organised at others about sending out cancellations and updating their website. Whatever, it really makes no difference whatsoever. The flights still exist, we have parks reserved but no idea where we will sleep I'm more calm about it than I've ever been I think. I've managed to get to a point where it really doesn't matter what happens. The kids are happy either way, whether we go or not. I'm not going to worry about CBR now. Something will get sorted, or it won't matter if the borders stay closed.

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Glad to hear you got your parks booked. No way did I think you wouldn’t be on to do that as soon as you could 😂
Shame about CBR, Disney just love peeing on plans just now it seems. Fingers crossed for another resort that meets your needs and that you want. Maybe an upgrade - contemporary theme park view tell them...
I know, who was I kidding? sure if they want to put us up in the contemporary for the first few nights that would be perfectly acceptable to me. I bet they give us a lovely upgrade and then I find out the flights are cancelled ha ha I'm not holding my breath for an upgrade.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Mobile

Well done Abby, happy you are all booked up. I am surprised how smoothly it all went for you!

I am just home from work and we need to eat before I even attempt anything.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm glad to hear that you've got some parks booked in for if you manage to get there.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Glad you got all your parks booked Abby! X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Well done Abby, happy you are all booked up. I am surprised how smoothly it all went for you!

I am just home from work and we need to eat before I even attempt anything.
I know it was surprisingly easy in the end for me. I know it wasn't the same for everyone. I wish I could give you tip for a short cut to the creating your party screen. Some have said it helps to go incognito, others suggested trying to do a dining reservation instead as that is a short cut, others have said use different web browsers, but I did none of that. I just used my mobile phone, not through the app, through the website. And I tried my best to ignore it and carry on with what I was doing. In the end the countdown worked. So I hope it goes ok for you.

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I'm glad to hear that you've got some parks booked in for if you manage to get there.
Thanks Jo. I'm not overly hopeful we will be able to travel. I've seen lots of people being told their virgin flights are cancelled until end of August. It seems virgin know something that Lufthansa don't, who knows? Just got to wait and see. Goodness I've said that a lot recently.

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Glad you got all your parks booked Abby! X
Thanks lovely. Did you try logging on today for your Christmas trip or are you thinking of cancelling the resort part of your stay?

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Nothing ever runs smoothly for me!

I did the first eight nights for our All Stars (haha) stay with no issue, but for the remaining six nights we are at Beach Club and it is now showing telling me 'One or more parks are not available for Disney Park Pass selections' for all dates, despite me being able to book my mum for her stay. I also can't modify my original eight days. Only me!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Nothing ever runs smoothly for me!

I did the first eight nights for our All Stars (haha) stay with no issue, but for the remaining six nights we are at Beach Club and it is now showing telling me 'One or more parks are not available for Disney Park Pass selections' for all dates, despite me being able to book my mum for her stay. I also can't modify my original eight days. Only me!
Oh no I'm sorry it didn't go smoothly for you. I had my doubts about whether I'd be able to book parks for the days after we check out of CBR as the tickets were booked with the free dining resort stay and then extended to 21 days when I added the two DVC stays. But in the end it was fine so I didnt think it would be a problem for you.

I hope it all got sorted and you've booked up the rest of the holiday.

Old 23 Jun 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Ahh sorry you've had issues Colette.

No I haven't tried Abby as I don't have Chris and the kids on the booking yet. I tried to add them on at the weekend but I was told we can't modify them until Wednesday 🙄 so I need to try and call tomorrow.

To be honest we're not fussed what parks we get. Chris really wants to do Disney so we're keeping the booking I think, although he is moaning about the no free dining 🙄 x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Glad to hear you got parks sorted,in a similar position here meant to be staying at coronado but no idea where now,got park reservations and flights but god knows what will happen!-nothing I can do so just waiting it out!-would be interested to hear where Disney offer you,hope it's a great upgrade🤞
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List