Notices

Old 2 Jul 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
So firstly Happy Birthday to Dave and your Mum! I’m sorry to hear about your trip, we should be on the plane to Austin, Texas right now so I really do understand how you feel. I hope the refund process goes smoothly for you.

I would love to read Kate’s Disney At Home TR. We need lots of lovely happy things to read to keep us going until the 2021 trip reports. We collected Milo (our furry beast) 6 weeks ago and he has been a lovely but naughty distraction. I love hearing about your delicious ‘Around the World’ dinners and cocktails too. Take care and thank you for the updates. Xxx

Milo after his first Starbucks Puppucino!

Edited at 09:18 PM.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Waltdisnae
Getting Excited

Mobile

Sorry to hear the cancellation update and hope you can get some new plans in place soon.

I'd love to read your Disney at Home plans. We should have flown on Monday and are attempting something similar. Rather lacking in imagination though and it's mainly consisted of take aways and early afternoon boozing.
Waltdisnae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
More Updates

Right, I emailed David's DVC and said that I know the bookings are non refundable but was there anything they could do. Perhaps the owners could bank or re rent the points? Anyway they came back pretty promptly, within 24 hours and gave me 3 options, rebook for a stay prior to 1st Feb, or a credit note, or they will help with providing information for an insurance claim. I'd explained that my insurance company had required me to try to seek a mutual agreement with them before making a claim. Anyway, I opted for option 2 and they are sending the paperwork. It's better than I'd hoped. The credit note is valid for 36 months and can be used on all sorts of Disney stays including non DVC resorts. I'm happy that.

I've just got off the phone with the lovely Wellington from WDW who was very sympathetic when I explained that I now needed to cancel. By the way, there was no waiting, straight through today with no queuing on hold at all so call at 7pm on a Friday if you want to get straight through Now Wellington tempted me by saying that if I rebooked for next year I would get to keep my $300 gift card. Well I couldn't refuse that could I? So, I've booked 5 nights at CBR checking in 31st July with 14 day tickets. My thinking is this gives me time to think about what we want to do next summer and when I've decided and booked flights I can amend the booking and add more days if I want. Or use my credit with David's for a deluxe hotel.

So pretty painless really sorting out all the parts of the trip and starting the cancellation process. Granted I haven't actually had any money back yet but it was easy enough to sort out for me, so that's good.

Originally Posted by Em4owen View Post
I've just read up on your cancellation. We hung on but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. If you do rebook for next year, hopefully we'll see you there 🙂
Looks like I may well see you there

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
I’m so glad the cancellation process hasn’t been too taxing just yet, I hope the rest is just as easy for you.

Ooh you must read it, will give you loads of food for thought! I think it’s called West and East Disney feast.

For what it’s worth I reckon you should do a 5 weeker, split 2 weeks in Cali and 3 in Florida. That’s if you can do 5 weeks, if not could you stretch to 4 and do a 2+2?
Start in San Fran for a couple of nights, make your way down to Monterey then drive the beautiful PCH to LA. Visit Universal and do the WB tour plus the usual tourist sights then 3-4 nights in Disney, you could go big and stay at the Grand Californian!
If time head to San Diego for a couple of nights before then flying from LAX to MCO and redoing what you were meant to do this year. Phew, it would be amazing!
Sorry for hijacking the thread and forcing ideas into your head 😂
It is going really smoothly for me, which I'm incredibly thankful for. While your ideas of a trip sound fab I don't think Dave would be able to take that much time off in one go this year would have been our longest trip, previously we've done 16 days, but 3 weeks is about the max I think. Still that's a fair amount of time so I'm going to mull it over and see takes my fancy for next year. Maybe we will go to the West Coast before heading back East.

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I'm glad that the cancellation process is going smoothly so far. I've got my fingers crossed that David's manage to sort something out for you.

Hopefully it won't be long and you'll have something booked for next year.
Well you're fingers crossed seems to have worked and I've booked up 5 nights for next year

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
So glad the cancellation process seems to be going well Abby. Must be nice to finally have some clarity. I hope your refunds go smoothly... We're still 57 days and waiting from Virgin 😡🤬 xx
Oh no Kelly, what a pain virgin still haven't refunded your money. I'm sorry to hear that. It is good to know it's definitely not happening now, living in limbo wasn't much fun actually

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
So firstly Happy Birthday to Dave and your Mum! I’m sorry to hear about your trip, we should be on the plane to Austin, Texas right now so I really do understand how you feel. I hope the refund process goes smoothly for you.

I would love to read Kate’s Disney At Home TR. We need lots of lovely happy things to read to keep us going until the 2021 trip reports. We collected Milo (our furry beast) 6 weeks ago and he has been a lovely but naughty distraction. I love hearing about your delicious ‘Around the World’ dinners and cocktails too. Take care and thank you for the updates. Xxx

Milo after his first Starbucks Puppucino!

Firstly how cute is Milo? so cute! I'm really sorry that you're not winging your way to Texas, it's going to be miserable facing the non event of travel day this year.

Originally Posted by Waltdisnae View Post
Sorry to hear the cancellation update and hope you can get some new plans in place soon.

I'd love to read your Disney at Home plans. We should have flown on Monday and are attempting something similar. Rather lacking in imagination though and it's mainly consisted of take aways and early afternoon boozing.
I'm really glad everyone wants to keep reading updates and is looking forward to the Disney at Home plans. It probably says more about me than is good to share but I rather like the sound of your take aways and afternoon drinking, actually I'm assuming early afternoon means lunchtime drinking? Maybe that's just my interpretation but I still like the sound of it. You should be on holiday so why not?

I feel less of a fraud now carrying on with this thread. Now I have a partial booking, well it is a real booking, but I mean a short stay booked up for next summer. At least then this is still an actual pre trip report and can remain where it is

Thanks once again for everyone's well wishes the cancellation process has not been anywhere near as hard as I thought it would be and it's been lovely to have your considerations and reassurances along the way x

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Very impressed with David's, I didn't expect them to be so helpful! I suppose they need to keep their customers happy to keep them coming back.

Exciting news that CBR is booked for next year, although very sad at the thought of your countdown changing.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

That’s great news about David’s and Disney. I’d have done the exact same and transferred to next year.

I’m sure if everything is better and travel is back up and running that you will be back next summer as will we.

I just heard back from Universal that they’ve frozen our passes so we have 4 months of annual passes to use once we are able to get back so even Dh is more onboard about planning for next year now. I’m even feeling positive enough to finally finish the February trip report. 😂

Just the discovery cove ultimates to go for us now in terms of refunds.

Hope the last wee bit of school is not too exhausting then you can begin all your Disney at home ideas.
Old 4 Jul 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
So glad that the refund process is not too stressful and even more pleased that you have booked again for next summer. I think there will be a few new rides etc by then as well as the beginning of the anniversary celebrations so loads to look forward to. I finally had my hair done today - very scary but well managed and so happy to have my hair in control again Also a trip to Bluewater yesterday so easing back to "normal" slowly I think/hope...
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 20, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

That's great news about David's and Disney too. It looks like we just miss you at CBR though as we're checking in on the 7th 😕 I hope that now you feel much happier about things.
Old 7 Jul 20, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsstitch
slightly serious Dibber

Aw! Gutted that your holiday was cancelled, but totally understand that ‘relieved’ feeling and that the uncertainty has gone. Onwards and upwards to next year!
Would also love this thread to continue - it has such a lovely family feel to it. I’d love to see the Disney at home too and see if I can steal any ideas to do here in the not so sunny Wales over the school holidays.
Hope your last few weeks in school go really well and you get to totally relax over the summer.
mrsstitch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
We are going on holiday

We've booked up a caravan on the North Somerset coast for one week checking in on 25th July. Ok, it's not quite as exciting Orlando, but it looks very pretty. We like walking and I'm hoping the weather will be good enough for some visits to the beach. It will be really good to get away for break and spend time together. I'm hoping we will find the odd pub garden open so we can eat out a little and maybe somewhere that serves a cream tea. Otherwise it will likely be a fair few take always, maybe some BBQs. Probably a fair bit of playing cards and chilling out.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Very impressed with David's, I didn't expect them to be so helpful! I suppose they need to keep their customers happy to keep them coming back.

Exciting news that CBR is booked for next year, although very sad at the thought of your countdown changing.
David's have sent through the paperwork for the credit note. We have 36months from today to use and stay at the resort, I hadn't appreciated the part about having to have completed the stay by then. But it's still pretty generous and I'll likely use the credit note next summer anyway so the deadline won't matter so much.

I can't quite bring myself to change the countdown which is silly really as it's such a small thing. At least it is actually counting down to a holiday this year now, even if it's not WDW.

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
That’s great news about David’s and Disney. I’d have done the exact same and transferred to next year.

I’m sure if everything is better and travel is back up and running that you will be back next summer as will we.

I just heard back from Universal that they’ve frozen our passes so we have 4 months of annual passes to use once we are able to get back so even Dh is more onboard about planning for next year now. I’m even feeling positive enough to finally finish the February trip report. 😂

Just the discovery cove ultimates to go for us now in terms of refunds.

Hope the last wee bit of school is not too exhausting then you can begin all your Disney at home ideas.
I'm going to have to get Dave and Max to get up in the loft and drag the cases down so I can find the passes and get in touch with universal. I'm sure they will be generous with us as we have only had 3 days of entry on those APs so I'm hopeful we may get another trip out of them. I'm glad you've nearly got all your money back now, that's great, and that you're thinking about next summer.

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
So glad that the refund process is not too stressful and even more pleased that you have booked again for next summer. I think there will be a few new rides etc by then as well as the beginning of the anniversary celebrations so loads to look forward to. I finally had my hair done today - very scary but well managed and so happy to have my hair in control again Also a trip to Bluewater yesterday so easing back to "normal" slowly I think/hope...
I've got the hairdresser booked up for 22nd July. I'm really looking forward to it silly really to think of it as such a treat. Kate is meeting up with 2 friends to go shopping at the weekend. She's not seen any friends since march, I'm hoping she gets a big haul and comes home and puts on a fashion show for me. Shopping and haircuts! Honestly it's so nice to do normal things again.

Originally Posted by Em4owen View Post
That's great news about David's and Disney too. It looks like we just miss you at CBR though as we're checking in on the 7th 😕 I hope that now you feel much happier about things.
Fingers crossed we will bump into you around the parks sometime next summer.

Originally Posted by mrsstitch View Post
Aw! Gutted that your holiday was cancelled, but totally understand that ‘relieved’ feeling and that the uncertainty has gone. Onwards and upwards to next year!
Would also love this thread to continue - it has such a lovely family feel to it. I’d love to see the Disney at home too and see if I can steal any ideas to do here in the not so sunny Wales over the school holidays.
Hope your last few weeks in school go really well and you get to totally relax over the summer.
We've all had to get used to so many disappointments and changes to our normal lives over the last few months. It's sad that our trip has fallen by the wayside but I'm not too sad today. Probably come travel day I will be a bit down. But I'm hoping we will have fun on our new holiday.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Your little holiday sounds lovely! I am sure the weather will be nice and I love the thought of some meals out and barbecues. A change of scenery will be much appreciated.

I am toying with DLP for a little dose of Disney in October but the prices are eye-watering and I am not sure it is worth it. I imagine that despite the best of intentions we would spend much of the time ruing what should have been and perhaps no Disney at all is better than a small dose.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List