Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Nov 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

New windows - drama

Well after waiting for absolutely ages for our new triple glazed windows to arrive they came on Friday 🎉
My husband is fitting them himself (helping hand from our son for the larger windows).
All going well until the last lot of units going into the new frame in my daughters room and the beading is the wrong size. Company sent beading for double glazing not triple 😡 closed now until Monday. Quick trip to the timber yard and daughter is now left with some very attractive boards on her window 😡
For some unknown reason my husband took his safety gloves off and started to load the car, for the tip, with the old frames & units. This resulted in a loud expletive from my husband (who doesn’t swear) and a deep slice through his finger 🤢 it needs properly seeing too but he doesn’t have time for that so banged about 8 plasters on it as it just kept seeping through.
Woke up this morning so he can finish off, sealing etc and one of the units has cracked 🙈 it was fine going in, fine last night but there must as been a flaw somewhere.
We already know the company is working with skeleton staff so I have no idea how long that will take to replace 😫😫
So, if drama’s tend to happen in 3’s then lets hope thats the last if them.
My Christmas decorations go up next weekend, they will look a pretty picture with one boarded window on one side and a cracked window on the other 😢
How frustrating!
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Ouch. We had to have plywood when I sent some fanlights off that had leaded glass and needed re glazing. The house looked awful for a week.

Tell your Husband to be careful with the cut. I was a tinker for not getting stitched up so have numerous scars up to half an inch wide and they look awful.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ahh I feel your pain - we have our back door (new door which was installed) all cracked so is boarded up and also our kitchen window has been just plywood since August. 4 more weeks for replacement glazing, one more week hopefully for new window to install. Tip - we bought that silver padded installation and added it to the board to help keep some of the cold out.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Ouch. We had to have plywood when I sent some fanlights off that had leaded glass and needed re glazing. The house looked awful for a week.

Tell your Husband to be careful with the cut. I was a tinker for not getting stitched up so have numerous scars up to half an inch wide and they look awful.
Oh he won’t be told 🙈 at least I forced him to use actual plasters, he generally shoved insulation tape on cuts 😵
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
Ahh I feel your pain - we have our back door (new door which was installed) all cracked so is boarded up and also our kitchen window has been just plywood since August. 4 more weeks for replacement glazing, one more week hopefully for new window to install. Tip - we bought that silver padded installation and added it to the board to help keep some of the cold out.
Thats a very good idea thanks x
Old 22 Nov 20, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Oh god it doesn’t rain but it pours 😬😳☹️
Hope your Hubbie will be ok & you get the windows sorted out soon, what a pain 😢
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Oh god it doesn’t rain but it pours 😬😳☹️
Hope your Hubbie will be ok & you get the windows sorted out soon, what a pain 😢
🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 My husband will be on the phone tomorrow.
My daughter says her bedroom now feels like a freezing cold prison 😫
Old 22 Nov 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

I feel your pain, after a 12 week wait 😧 have just found out all the windows and doors for our new extension, which were due to be fitted on Wednesday, won’t be here, and no new date given. Apparently a shortage of anthracite upvc.

Builder is going to drop off some board, and DH going to put in some insulation and another sheet of board. Far from ideal but we have to make it work, it’s our dining room.
pinkbelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List