Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Jun 05, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Petal I don't think Lisa (LBD) means you are in the wrong - not the way I'm reading it?

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 05, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally posted by nitram
soozicue, the thing is I bought the whole deal from them including their platinum car insurance !
This is my 4th visit with TCD and I decided to push the boat out because of my 62 yr old mother first flight/holiday. I have put up with their previous less than brilliant flights because of the low cost aspect. But when their glossy website ads promise all the benefits of upgrading I decided to go for it. As I said the money is not the issue. What money can make up for dissapointment.
nitram (are you a martin by any chance - same as my DH?) I agree money cannot make it up, but you must enjoy your holiday and then shout long and hard about your treatment. It is unfair and you should expose them!

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 05, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post

No.. I know... it wasn't directed at me... was talking about Vicky's response to Nitram there
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 05, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post

if i'm reading this correct, surely TCD should be able to accomodate you on a 747-300 as it has 3 tiers of upgrades as opposed to the 747-200 has only 2. on a 300 there is sunshine upper, sunshine premium and sunshine first.
Old 11 Jun 05, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lesley_Perschky
Imagineer

Lesley_Perschky's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Best place to complain is that Lynn Faulds Wood on GMTV, she used to present Watchdog and she is very good.

DH John meeting Alice at the Grand Floridian Character Brekfast 2007.
Lesley_Perschky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 05, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Lesley_Perschky
Imagineer

Lesley_Perschky's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Or have you tried your Local Citizens Advice office?

DH John meeting Alice at the Grand Floridian Character Brekfast 2007.
Lesley_Perschky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 05, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally posted by Petalsoftly
No.. I know... it wasn't directed at me... was talking about Vicky's response to Nitram there
Got a bit worried there Petal! No my post was definitely not directed at you... it was directed at Vicky.
Old 11 Jun 05, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post

According to the TCD website Quote

"10.CHANGES BY US If we find it necessary to make a material change to your holiday before departure then we will notify you as soon as possible. A material change is for example one involving a change of destination resort, a change to accommodation of a lower classification, a change of confirmed flight times by more than 12 hours to your outbound or return flight or a change of airport (other than between Gatwick and Heathrow, Cardiff and Bristol or between Orlando International and Sanford). A change of airline carrier or aircraft type or en-route stops or where a change of airport plus transportation results in a delay of less than 12 hours will not be considered a material change. If a material change to your holiday is necessary you will be offered the option to accept the change or choose an alternative from our programme subject to availability and the acceptance of any holiday price adjustment or cancel the holiday and receive a full refund of all monies paid. If a material change is notified to you less than 8 weeks before departure
then in addition to whichever option you choose to take, you will be paid compensation on the scale below except that no compensation will be payable where the change arises due to force majeure as defined in section 15."

Now if you have any confirmations stating your Flights details - i'd take legal action.

Now they might say its not a material change to your holiday and will quote "A change of airline carrier or aircraft type or en-route stops or where a change of airport plus transportation results in a delay of less than 12 hours will not be considered a material change."

But i think a judge or jury would take a different view.

Say you book a 5star hotel and then they decided to give you a 2star hotel under their rules they'd have to compensate you.

So i don't see why the same rule shouldn't apply to first class/PE ( OR WHATEVER CLASS THEY CALL IT lol ) to Economy.

But you need to show that at the time of booking everything was accepted by TCD and they should honour it or pay up.

If it was me i'd put something in writing straight away and post it recorded delivery and ask for an immediate response.

jj...
Old 11 Jun 05, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Tim, thanks for all that !
The good news is I have the original reciept showing flight numbers and Upgrades. The bad news is it is 12 weeks until my holiday.
But I am sure that this is a change of aircraft that was forseen. TCD have been bragging about their upgrade to 747-300 in summer 2005. Therefore they knew that they had these aircraft lined up before I booked. They have just taken the opportunity to create more premium seats and therefore more money. They could easily alter the upper deck configuration to keep their existing payed up customers happy. It only takes 1-2 hours to add or remove 16 seats in the upper deck. Their excuse about an internet booking problem is groundless.
Old 11 Jun 05, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post

If its a 5A flight it is on a TCD aircraft but if you look in the T&C's they can change the aircraft as long as they inform you first. They should give you the full refund on Sunshine Upper Deck though. According to the TCD website there ARE availible seats in the upper deck on your flight so i can't see why TCD are not accomodating you .

Edited at 07:17 PM.
Closed Thread