Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 18 Jun 17, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Full board vouchers

We booked with the free dining offer, so have the plus vouchers for dinner already included and meals booked to use them up. Upgrading to full board seems to be showing as just £54 per night for lunch for three adults and a child, it seems very cheap, does that sound about right or am confused with how they work and what you can use them for?

On our last day we don't leave until the evening, so we would be paying for an evening meal on that day. Are the vouchers for lunch and dinner the same, are they time stamped, or could we use a lunch voucher for dinner on the last day? Also, can they be used in any Disney buffet/table/quick service restaurant, or do you have to use them in certain ones? It's just it seems very cheap, mainly because we need an evening meal the day we leave anyway, so I think I might be understanding it wrong.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

If you have full board, all of the meal vouchers are the same. On the plus plan, you can choose any plus restaurant for lunch AND dinner. With the half board plan, You can have lunch OR dinner. Hope that helps. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks, that's perfect!
Old 18 Jun 17, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

The vouchers are time stamped but only with your check in and out days. They're valid for any meal period within (and including) those dates.

You are limited to restaurant choice depending on which hotel you're staying at. But that's true for both full and half board. If you're staying somewhere like NBC or SL, it includes most restaurants. Full list is in the T&Cs.

You're also limited what you can choose as free (usually a set menu that matches what level you are - Plus for NBC/SL) but you can use the vouchers as "cash" if nothing on that appeals.

The full board upgrade is incredibly cheap. I nearly went with it but figured it would be too much food as I really only needed a light lunch on the checkout day on top of the vouchers. But upgrading was about the same price as just doing one QS meal OOP, so it's great value.

Edited at 01:41 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Yes, upgrading cost us £15 per person per day. Which is not much more than a CS meal deal.

It does feel a lot of food, but previously we would have had a big buffet breakfast and now we'll just be having a croissant.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 17, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post

We've upgraded. It works out cheaper than paying cash because of us needing an evening meal on the last day. It's ridiculously cheap per meal after that, not much more than paying restaurant prices for a drink each. I did think it'd be too much food, but to be honest we won't bother using the breakfast voucher, so will need lunch. Paying about £20 per afternoon meal for three adults and a child, I doubt we could eat and drink for that paying OOP.

It just seemed too good to be true. Is it possible to use them at the counter service places in the parks as well? I think I read it is, we've got an unbooked lunch that I was just going to go with the flow with, even if it meant having counter service.
Old 18 Jun 17, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I had (free) full board, even though it's a lot of food if you plan meal times well it's not so bad. Depending on the time of year, you can eat your dinner later, after park closing in some cases.

If you eat your breakfast relatively early, then you can also eat lunch pretty early. This also means you can avoid the crowds. So there are ways to manage it.

I tried to book one buffet, one table service each day, but yacht Club (highly recommended, by the way) wasn't open the day I wanted to book it, so had to rearrange, and I was flustered and ended up with two buffet one day, and two table service another, d'oh!

Hotel buffets are generally open only in the evening, I think this is the same with their table service restaurants.

I was there 3 nights. Ate in Annette's, Agrabah, Hunters Grill, Remy's, Yacht Club, & Plaza Gardens. PG & Agrabah are both standard, but still worth a visit, plus my vouchers were all free!
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Yes, hotel restaurants are dinner only, apart from Inventions.

We are thinking of having TS lunch and then buffet dinner as we can choose how much or how little we want at the buffet.

Illuminations is 9pm and we wouldn't want to eat after park closing, so we will probably go out and come back.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 17, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post

So last time I went if you had free half board you could only upgrade to full board on the hotel option, I presume that this has changed now then?
Old 20 Jun 17, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by snowwy View Post
So last time I went if you had free half board you could only upgrade to full board on the hotel option, I presume that this has changed now then?
We had free Plus and have upgraded, so it must've changed.