Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 8 Jul 17, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Last Minute deal am I mad to go in the summer hols?

Normally I always go out of season and away from school holidays here and in France.

A local coach tour company offering an amazing deal for a 3 night 2 day visit to DLP staying in the Cheyenne 24 July. I was going next March for 5 nights the only think holding me back is that it will be too busy and wait times will be horrendous and we wont have as much time there and its on a coach where I usually drive.

Im looking at a saving of around half price but it will be a rush job as its in three weeks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

"Yes, you're mad, bonkers, off your head. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."

We always go mid August so I get what you are thinking.
But it can be done. And I think you know all this, but...
Make the most of EMH to get those rides in. Use fast passes where possible.
Explore the parts of DLP you wouldn't normally -Hidden Mickeys, the caves, the tree house. Ride rides when people are watching parades. And put up with a few long queues for the rides and characters that are on your must list.
Oh and have a great time

Edited at 06:41 AM.
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

We have been at that time before and with careful fastpass planning found it fine. I remember it being very hot at that time of year.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

I,m a low season girl, in Autumn or winter usually. Had my first ever Summer trip this week, just before the French schools broke up. I will be avoiding summer at dlp in future, its just too hot for me to enjoy strolling around the parks (the temperature hit the 30s on Wednesday).
Fastpass are definitely needed and early mornings to make the best of your time. I feel you need a longer trip in Summer there because you have so much dead time (queuing or staking out your spot for the shows for example) that it seems to take a lot longer to do what you want to do. Usually over a 4-day park stay we,d have nailed everything we want to do by morning of 3rd day and would get to enjoy our favourites over again. We didn't get through our want- to- do list in 4 days this time.

Edited at 01:21 PM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes, to busy, to hot !
Not worth the saving if you ask me.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks all I have provisionally booked it, not paid it yet though! The two days in the summer was making me hesitate.

The deal is a coach trip 3 nights B&B in Cheyenne with a buffet breakfast and two full days in the parks with hopper tickets for £99 per person, would that sway anyone?

We might still get a visit in the spring as well but don't tell my OH!

Im going with my mum and she things we should just go for it as the kids wont be going away anywhere until next year otherwise.

Edited at 01:49 PM.
Old 9 Jul 17, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Its a great price but its gonna be hours and hours on a coach, will you/your kids be able to sleep or will you already be tetchy when you get there? I really dislike coach travel long distance, but maybe you guys are fine with it.
I,d still not go - that's a lot of money for 4 or 5 of you, to only see/do a fraction of what's available at dlp.

It sounds like you really want to go, if you do get planning .

Edited at 02:04 PM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Holidays are do able. There is some good advice on this thread. I would only add, don't expect to do everything and stop and smell the roses. Fastpass is your friend as others have said. The main advice is don't get caught in the fury to get to the next ride. Enjoy it.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That's a great price I would go for it!
Old 9 Jul 17, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Ive been talked into it, my two youngest who will be coming with us are 6 & 9 and we have been a few times before but never in the summer when its open into the late evening so were going o give it a go, I think we will soak up the atmosphere and use the EMH, Fastpass and late evening to get on the rides and just yolo the rest of the time, even have a siesta! We know we wont do everything and knowing that we can always go again makes that easier too, we went in October the last time, so if we just able to ride the ones which were closed at the time I think we will be fairly happy, and watch the summer shows.