Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Oct 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile What do you do on travel home day?

As title says really.
We are offsite and don’t really want to be going to the park as I don’t want to get all sweaty before the plane etc.

Next time our plane will leave at 7.20 so quite late. Villa check out is 10am.

This year we did the Disney spring check in and then basically went and sat in the airport for a million hours due to hubby having done his back in and couldn’t walk anywhere.

What do you guys do that isn’t a park?
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

If offsite we leave the villa at the last moment then spend the day in Disney Springs doing some last minute shopping and having a nice sit down lunch.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

We usually go to Disney springs and go back to the favourite restaurant of the holiday, this has been Cheesecake Factory, millers Ale house & rainforest cafe in the past. Then we nip into Walmart, target etc to grab some treats on the plane before heading to the airport
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Gav
slightly serious Dibber

We usually go to Magic Kingdom, but we keep a separate bag with fresh clothes and get changes at the airport before we check in. We always find we feel fresh afterwards and then throw the other clothes in to the case.

Other than that, I'd do Disney Springs but I think you are likely to end up just as sweaty there.
Gav is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We went to Sea World this time, just didn't go on any water rides.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

We hit AK early then went over to Disney Springs, lunch at Homecomin' (aptly named for this occasion!), bit of final shopping and then changed into UK clothes ready to head to the airport. As nice as the day you leave Disney can be, i suppose

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Mobile

It depends if we have a villa or a hotel. If I’m a hotel we put the cases in the luggage facility and go out and enjoy the day. If we are in a villa, we tend to just go to the airport. I do not feel comfortable leaving my cases in a locked car - I’ve read too many posts saying how people have had their cars broken into. We went to the outlet and we into one or two shops in pairs, while the others waited in the car.

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

What about a water park? If you are able to check your bags in early then I’d head off and chill on a lazy river. Then you can shower and head to the airport.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
kingphil
slightly serious Dibber

Another vote for Virgin check in at DS and then a leisurely wander around before heading to the airport
Old 21 Oct 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by offtoseemickey View Post
It depends if we have a villa or a hotel. If I’m a hotel we put the cases in the luggage facility and go out and enjoy the day. If we are in a villa, we tend to just go to the airport. I do not feel comfortable leaving my cases in a locked car - I’ve read too many posts saying how people have had their cars broken into. We went to the outlet and we into one or two shops in pairs, while the others waited in the car.
That is why we went to a main park that has 'secure' car parks, rather than what we used to do and go along the 192 and play mini golf and go into a few shops
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List