Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Mar 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile Candles

So my home bargains candle has well surpassed my yankee candle ds got me for Christmas. Really not impressed the yankee candle wont even light.

Anyone else found this?
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Yankee candles are notorious for tunnelling like yours has where wax doesn’t melt all the way across quickly enough, jars say to let them burn two to three hours but I can have mine on all day sometimes and they still don’t burn to the edge, they are nowhere near as good as they used to be. Best ones for an even burn ive found at minute are woodwick hearth candles ( the teardrop shaped ones ) they have a long wick and burn across the top in no more than 30 minutes so nontunnelling and their black cherry is way better than yankees
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Pottermouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi, to even the wax out from tunnelling wrap tin foil around the jar above the height of the wax and light the candle, after an hour the wax should level out. Ok, it’s not pretty to look at but does last longer.

Hope this helps...

Wynnfield Inn Sept 00, Spring Hill Suites LBV Oct 07, POR Aug 08 & Aug 09, Sandy Ridge Villa Oct 10, Sheraton Park Anaheim 11, Scottsdale 12, Las Vegas Jun 13, Scottsdale 14, Dallas 15, OKW 16, Cuba 17, Cuba 18, Beach Club 19 & Kraków Nov 19.
Pottermouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Yankee candles are notorious for tunnelling like yours has where wax doesn’t melt all the way across quickly enough, jars say to let them burn two to three hours but I can have mine on all day sometimes and they still don’t burn to the edge, they are nowhere near as good as they used to be. Best ones for an even burn ive found at minute are woodwick hearth candles ( the teardrop shaped ones ) they have a long wick and burn across the top in no more than 30 minutes so nontunnelling and their black cherry is way better than yankees
I am the same put mine on around 4/5pm until late into the night.

Will deff try woodwick thanks very much for your tip 😊 where do you buy those from?

I love my candles on all night it makes me feel cosy 😂
Old 4 Mar 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pottermouse View Post
Hi, to even the wax out from tunnelling wrap tin foil around the jar above the height of the wax and light the candle, after an hour the wax should level out. Ok, it’s not pretty to look at but does last longer.

Hope this helps...
Great tip will definitely try this but agree not pretty to look at 😪
Old 5 Mar 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Don’t throw your remains away. Be very careful when you do this but wait until the wax is solid and stab with a sharp knife. The wax will brake up and come away from the bottom of your jar.
I then put the broken wax pieces onto a a burner with a cheap plain (non fragrant) tea light.
It will give you hours more scent plus you can wash your jar out and re use, they make good make up brush holders 👍🏻
I use something similar to this
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Don’t throw your remains away. Be very careful when you do this but wait until the wax is solid and stab with a sharp knife. The wax will brake up and come away from the bottom of your jar.
I then put the broken wax pieces onto a a burner with a cheap plain (non fragrant) tea light.
It will give you hours more scent plus you can wash your jar out and re use, they make good make up brush holders 👍🏻
Wow thank you for that tip about using the burner. Have just been delving in bin for my recently finished BBW candle but it's gone.
I came on here to give the same tip about make up brushes, only saw it recommend for first time yesterday, how funny. X

Edited at 10:33 AM.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
What a fantastic tip 🤩 thank you 🎉🎊

I think i might even have a burner somewhere will dig about and see if i can find it.
Old 5 Mar 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
I am the same put mine on around 4/5pm until late into the night.

Will deff try woodwick thanks very much for your tip 😊 where do you buy those from?

I love my candles on all night it makes me feel cosy 😂
Most candle shops will sell woodwick, and you can get them in boots, Clinton's, amazon, they are made by yankee candle now
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I used to use wax melts but have given up candles due to possible effect on pets. Switched to reed diffusers.

Try Maple and Whisky - and if you have a listen to the Great British Mickey Waffle podcast you will find a discount code!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List