Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Jun 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
loopylola
Excited about Disney

Mobile Virgin booking with Netflights.

Just wondering if anyone else has managed to get a refund (or promise of one) via Netflights.
We are due to fly 1st of October booked flight only through Netflights from Gatwick with Virgin. Flight is now from Heathrow however as our flight is 1st October we are just outside the dates virgin had specified.
I ideally would like a refund so I can start afresh. If I took vouchers would these be for virgin or for Netflights? I have contacted Netflights initially to change my flights to Oct 2021 and they said I would have to wait till Sept when the flights are released. However now things have changed I would rather just take a refund and rebook when I'm ready. What are my chances of getting a refund?
loopylola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Magical_Unicorn
Helping Minnie

Mobile

We fly August and netflights I had no contact whatsoever but my flight had changed on my booking when the husband looked and it said to call. Net flights gave me 3 options either accept I am now flying from Heathrow. 2. Choose another airport, they offered Manchester or 3. Have a credit not which would be for virgin flights they didn't say if I still have to book via them I didn't ask as I wasn't interested in this option.

We refused all and contacted virgin direct thinking they would be no help. Virgin said my original flight was cancelled and rebooked so I can have a refund but net flights must request it! Easier said than done. Virgin added these notes on to the system so netflights can see. Netflights can't see the notes! Virgin are sending me transcript of the call and I will fight this as much as I can. I have emailed anybody and everybody to help. If I have no luck I am going to see what my next step ombudsman or complaints I'm not actually sure where to go after this.
Magical_Unicorn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Imagineer

Netflights have been utterly terrible in assisting their customers throughout this (not that virgin themselves are much better).
I believe if you took a voucher you would still have to use it through netflights, but may be wrong.

Has your flight been cancelled? Or just been moved to Heathrow?

The problem is virgin are currently refunding virtually no one and just holding on to the money and netflights just basically say they can’t refund until virgin passes money to them.

Our flight was early April which obviously got cancelled and at first they promised refund within 45 days, then 90 days and now they basically say ‘we don’t know when, when virgin passes the money to us’. So I’ve had to escalate it to proceed on getting the funds through my bank.

I would never use them again.
MickeyYay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Wereallmadhere
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Magical_Unicorn View Post
We fly August and netflights I had no contact whatsoever but my flight had changed on my booking when the husband looked and it said to call. Net flights gave me 3 options either accept I am now flying from Heathrow. 2. Choose another airport, they offered Manchester or 3. Have a credit not which would be for virgin flights they didn't say if I still have to book via them I didn't ask as I wasn't interested in this option.

We refused all and contacted virgin direct thinking they would be no help. Virgin said my original flight was cancelled and rebooked so I can have a refund but net flights must request it! Easier said than done. Virgin added these notes on to the system so netflights can see. Netflights can't see the notes! Virgin are sending me transcript of the call and I will fight this as much as I can. I have emailed anybody and everybody to help. If I have no luck I am going to see what my next step ombudsman or complaints I'm not actually sure where to go after this.

We are having the same problem with netflights. Could you please let me know the number you called at Virgin as will need to get evidence of this
Old 7 Jun 20, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Magical_Unicorn
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wereallmadhere View Post
We are having the same problem with netflights. Could you please let me know the number you called at Virgin as will need to get evidence of this
03442097770 ignore any messages that come up and just hold. Please keep us updates too. And good luck
Magical_Unicorn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Wereallmadhere
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Virgin confirmed that the flights had indeed been cancelled and that they were offering direct bookings a full refund. He had no idea what netflights were talking about as far as he is concerned unless it is netflights company policy. I have messaged netflights again stating the above and that regardless if their company policy EU law overrides it and it states that if a flight is cancelled you are entitled to a refund, he also suggested getting netflights to contact there sales support line.

Will wait and see what Netflights come back with tomorrow. I'm not letting this go.
Old 7 Jun 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Imagineer

Mobile

Virgin confirmed that the flights had indeed been cancelled and that they were offering direct bookings a full refund. He had no idea what netflights were talking about as far as he is concerned unless it is netflights company policy. I have messaged netflights again stating the above and that regardless if their company policy EU law overrides it and it states that if a flight is cancelled you are entitled to a refund, he also suggested getting netflights to contact there sales support line.

Will wait and see what Netflights come back with tomorrow. I'm not letting this go.
Good luck, keep on at them.
MickeyYay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Magical_Unicorn
Helping Minnie

Mobile

I'm not letting it go either. Hopefully if enough of us are saying the same it will help I have also emailed ceo and vice of virgin asking them to clarify with netflights what virgin are offering. Never again will I book with netflights. Ide be happy in the 100 day wait queue with virgin at this point.
Old 7 Jun 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
loopylola
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by MickeyYay View Post
Netflights have been utterly terrible in assisting their customers throughout this (not that virgin themselves are much better).
I believe if you took a voucher you would still have to use it through netflights, but may be wrong.

Has your flight been cancelled? Or just been moved to Heathrow?

The problem is virgin are currently refunding virtually no one and just holding on to the money and netflights just basically say they can’t refund until virgin passes money to them.

Our flight was early April which obviously got cancelled and at first they promised refund within 45 days, then 90 days and now they basically say ‘we don’t know when, when virgin passes the money to us’. So I’ve had to escalate it to proceed on getting the funds through my bank.

I would never use them again.
The flights have been cancelled and new flights from Heathrow, similar times and same dates. I've used Netflights before but I guess if there are no issues they are fine.
loopylola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
loopylola
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I've filled in the cancellation form and will see if I hear back from Netflights (they haven't even changed my booking yet as it's still saying Gatwick) I guess as it's a while till we are traveling they won't bother. But tbh it would be better for them to sort it as I know there are people who would happily take our seats on the plane. We had booked the bubble for return via virgin but that's just another thing to try and sort out.