Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jun 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

VA seat refund - how do I apply?

Looking for advice about requesting a refund for the seat selection on our VA flight which was switched from LGW to LHR.

VA cancelled the LGW flight and put us on the LHR alternative which we chose not to accept and we have now cancelled. I know the seat selection is normally non-refundable, but am hoping it can be refunded in this case, because VA cancelled the flight with the seats we'd paid for. But I don't know how to apply for the refund!

Have any DIBBers already been successful with this?
Hil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I got an email from virgin stating that if you have paid for a seat selection, then it will automatically be refunded. When though is anyones guess lol
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Are you getting refunds for the whole flight? Hearing mixed messages if change of airport allows it
Old 12 Jun 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ld1978 View Post
Are you getting refunds for the whole flight? Hearing mixed messages if change of airport allows it
Ours was booked as a fly drive through netflights and we’d only paid a deposit, so slightly different scenario than booking flight direct with VA, but yes, we’ve been told we will have full refund because of change of airport.

However, the seat purchase part was done direct with VA.
Hil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

I paid for seats in the bubble for a flight in November. They’ve changed the plane and moved us onto an A330 and booked us new seats (rubbish ones) but no sign of any refund. I’ve contacted them 3 times and they have told me to contact them nearer the time so I have to contact them in November to chase my refund - unreal and unhelpful.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by salmon70 View Post
I paid for seats in the bubble for a flight in November. They’ve changed the plane and moved us onto an A330 and booked us new seats (rubbish ones) but no sign of any refund. I’ve contacted them 3 times and they have told me to contact them nearer the time so I have to contact them in November to chase my refund - unreal and unhelpful.
we had bubble seats for November too been swapped to Heathrow like you say rubbish seats and there are very limited options to swap.
I was told the refund will be done automatically but no time scale given. Not holding my breath it will be any time soon as we are still waiting on a refund from when they cancelled our booking for May.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List