Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 2 Jul 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Those annoying messages when you’re internet shopping...

You know those emails and messages you get when you have been browsing the internet?

Did you see anything you liked? I’m ok with this one but rest assured, if I want something, I’ll buy it. A polite email won’t make me rush of to get my debit card.

425 people are looking at this right now! That won’t make me buy it any quicker. In fact, it’s more likely to put me off if the world and his wife have one too.

We caught you looking! I hate this one. I’m not a naughty child. So what if I was looking? I’ve not yet left an actual store and had the manager run after me, yelling “I caught you looking around my store!”.

Good marketing or an irritation?
Old 2 Jul 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Universal VR View Post
You know those emails and messages you get when you have been browsing the internet?

Did you see anything you liked? I’m ok with this one but rest assured, if I want something, I’ll buy it. A polite email won’t make me rush of to get my debit card.

425 people are looking at this right now! That won’t make me buy it any quicker. In fact, it’s more likely to put me off if the world and his wife have one too.

We caught you looking! I hate this one. I’m not a naughty child. So what if I was looking? I’ve not yet left an actual store and had the manager run after me, yelling “I caught you looking around my store!”.

Good marketing or an irritation?
Irritation... i am with you... these messages make me far less inclined to buy/book things.
Old 2 Jul 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Waltdisnae
Getting Excited

Mobile

Definitely an irritation. I hate feeling pressured to book or buy something and don't believe a word of it.
Waltdisnae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Argos does my head in. A retailer that’s dying on its feet, let its customers down badly during this virus and everything you look at a message flashes up such as -
48 people have bought this in the last hour. No they haven’t it’s a lie.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
The emails that tell you that "you've left something in your basket, don't let it get away". Hmmmm... that's because I haven't decided to buy it yet and I'm more inclined not to now!
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

I’m sure there are people sitting around thinking up these quirky, fun messages and thinking it will sell product. Not to me. Leave me alone to shop, if I want it, I’ll buy it and no friendly message will sway me. I had one...Those lampshades you loved! No, I didn’t love them, that’s why I didn’t buy one
Old 5 Jul 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Yes I agree they’re irritating. The reminder that you’ve left something in your basket in particular. Yes because I found it cheaper somewhere else! What I do think is hilarious is eBay after you’ve purchased something and they continually send you emails saying “are these of interest?” and list a whole load of the thing you just bought! You’re like “no because I already bought a telephone and don’t need several!”.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Yes I agree they’re irritating. The reminder that you’ve left something in your basket in particular. Yes because I found it cheaper somewhere else! What I do think is hilarious is eBay after you’ve purchased something and they continually send you emails saying “are these of interest?” and list a whole load of the thing you just bought! You’re like “no because I already bought a telephone and don’t need several!”.
Same with Amazon with ‘these might be of interest as you’ve bought similar’. Have they not considered that it might be a one-off purchase for someone’s birthday? About 15 years ago I bought my nephew a CD of a band he liked, and I STILL get offers of similar musical genre CD’s which definitely aren’t my taste!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List