Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Nov 20, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Life's too short - now got covid...booked Florida trip for August 2021..

After my health scare and reminder that life is too short, I have now booked most of my Florida trip for August into September 2021..

Edit *MGUS makes you nearly 3 times more vulnerable to infection, diagnosed today with Covid 19

Manchester Airport hotel (booked with ba)
Premium Economy x 4 there and back (Virgin)
S Class Ford Explorer(booked with ba)
14 Nights deluxe room Shingle creek (booked with ba)

We will pay £3.9k for a family of four. Very happy with the price considering its premium economy.

Edited at 07:37 PM.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

That’s a great price for four. We’re half booked for July but I think I’m going to have to get a move on to book the rest as I think prices will rise with all the good vaccine news that’s happening.

I hope you are on the mend and can put your health scare behind you. Have a great holiday when it comes
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Shingle creek is stunning value for such a lovely resort.

You can get 14 days there for £1.1k and no resort fee or parking fees. Huge room, massive windows.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

I’m going to check Shingle Creek out, thanks for the recommendation. We have previously stayed at Disney but I don’t think it’s very good value for money this year so was on the hunt for another option and this might just fit the bill

We’re flying from Manchester this year for the first time, have you flown from there before? I’m really struggling to get car parking at the airport. As far as I can see our Virgin flight will leave from Terminal 2 but I can only see parking at Terminal 1 & 3 advertised. Do you know if they have parking at Terminal 2? I can see meet and greet perking at Termial 2 but we would prefer to self park, I’ve been swayed by reading too many meet and greet horror stories
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
kingofhonour
Apprentice Imagineer

kingofhonour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gabsnoot View Post
I’m going to check Shingle Creek out, thanks for the recommendation. We have previously stayed at Disney but I don’t think it’s very good value for money this year so was on the hunt for another option and this might just fit the bill

We’re flying from Manchester this year for the first time, have you flown from there before? I’m really struggling to get car parking at the airport. As far as I can see our Virgin flight will leave from Terminal 2 but I can only see parking at Terminal 1 & 3 advertised. Do you know if they have parking at Terminal 2? I can see meet and greet perking at Termial 2 but we would prefer to self park, I’ve been swayed by reading too many meet and greet horror stories
Parking in Manchester, try APH, there offsite but it's a ten minute bus ride, used them last six times with no problems, even a weigh scale for your luggage were you book in.
kingofhonour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Have fun, its good to have something to look forward to.
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Good for you! We are booked for August too. Nothing wrong with a positive attitude and having something to look forward to. Happy planning 😀
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

If you check out APH, you can also use Tesco clubcard points to make it cheaper.
We have used both them and the meet and greet and never had any problems with either
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We’ve booked for august too. It’s a great feeling to have a countdown again.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Great price! Enjoy!
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List