Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Nov 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
rummy63
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I love sprouts whenever I can get them, but some people over cook them and soggy sprouts is a definite no no. A sprout needs to be firm but never soggy or too hard.
I always fry mine with diced bacon. They retain their "f"s. Firmness and flavour.
rummy63 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Why are you buying them now? I thought people only ate those green balls of hell on Christmas Day! 🤢My face goes that colour when I eat them and I look like a Brussels sprout! 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢
Best veg ever!
caj is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I do and I’ve also read that it’s not necessary but I still have to do it
Time saver... cut them in half pre cooking, then you can eat one half at a time when eating!
caj is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
I know you can be mean to me most of the time, but I appreciate your kind words on this occasion by acknowledging that I am inspirational. However, I just need to clarify that it wasn't so much of an issue buying 2 bags of Brussel sprouts, the issue was that the Brussel sprouts in one bag are so small that by the time they are cut and peeled they aren't worth cooking as they would be the size of a pea.
But as a result of you buying the rubbish sprouts you posted on here and your hero Mick has posted
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

But as a result of you buying the rubbish sprouts you posted on here and your hero Mick has posted
Very good point Colette and whenever mick comes on one of my threads I get a twinge in an unusual part of my body.

I'm just pleased to help other dibbers to learn from my Brussel sprout mistake.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Very good point Colette and whenever mick comes on one of my threads I get a twinge in an unusual part of my body.

I'm just pleased to help other dibbers to learn from my Brussel sprout mistake.
Oh poor Mick
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Oh poor Mick
Colette

I daren't encourage him anymore. Joan keeps saying who are talking to on the DIBB?

Mick
Old 23 Nov 20, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Wow, you've left it late, MH! Sprouts should have been on the boil since August! 😳😉😀
Old 23 Nov 20, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Colette

I daren't encourage him anymore. Joan keeps saying who are talking to on the DIBB?

Mick
Mick, I hope you don't consider me as a stalker because I would never stalk you in the Street (well not 24/7), but when I see you posting I getting a fuzzy feeling (as well as a twinge),
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Mick, I hope you don't consider me as a stalker because I would never stalk you in the Street (well not 24/7), but when I see you posting I getting a fuzzy feeling (as well as a twinge),
I always leave the house in disguise so I doubt you'd recognise me. I'm a well known figure in Rugby though. Just been to Tesco to get my bag of sprouts.