Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Jun 05, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Disney cruise

Just recieved a quote for one of these... it comes out just over £1000 for 3 night,4 people.

I think it's a little steep for 3 night's or is this about right?

Has anyone done these,what are they like?

Would love to add it on to a next trip but at this price is put's me off a bit.We could have a extra week in orlando for less than this.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 05, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
sounds high, but depends when it is and what category

we've done 2 and have our next booked for end of October...cant wait!
Old 7 Jun 05, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
nixieh
Imagineer

Hi Vicky,

What class of stateroom is that for?

I have been investigating the 3 night cruise too for next Aug, I have had quotes from Dreams Unlimited and the Mousesavers travel agents. Unfortunately we are a family of 5 so our only option is a Deluxe Family Stateroom with veranda which works out at $3100 or 2 small inside standard staterooms that interconnect for about $2700!

Are you using the Disney Cruise website, it is very easy to get quotes for different dates/staterooms etc and with only 4 of you there will be more choices. Apparently Virgin, Thomas Cook etc always charge more than booking directly.

Let us know if you decide to go ahead, it does look amazing and remember it includes all the food etc and the childcare clubs are supposed to be fantastic.

Nicola

2006 4 night DCL and AKL, 2007 Poly and DCL, 2008 Beach Club and Villa,2009 Christmas, 2011 Poly and Beach Club Concierge
nixieh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 05, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Just be aware that all children dont enjoy the kids clubs - Mine didnt and it made for a really stressful 4 days. They had enjoyed the ones on previous cruises however.
They are all different I suppose.
The ship is fantastic and i would do it again but without the kids!
Old 7 Jun 05, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
nixieh
Imagineer

Mo

Can I just ask what it was about the clubs that the children didn't like? I would hate to pay all that money for us all to have a great time only to find that the children weren't enjoying themselves, which of course has a knock on effect on the adults too!

Nicola

2006 4 night DCL and AKL, 2007 Poly and DCL, 2008 Beach Club and Villa,2009 Christmas, 2011 Poly and Beach Club Concierge
nixieh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 05, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

The clubs were very structured - almost like school - they moved from one place to another and did an activity as a group then went somewhere else, my boys are quite shy (*unlike the majority of other kids on board) and would have liked more "free play" within the clubs IE on the computers and with lego/kinex etc. They ended up being with us the whole time which was a bit stressful when it was our holiday too - their dad ended up taking them down to the cabin so I could get a break! but then he didnt get a break.
The councillors were great but didnt really try to get mine to join in after the first night, when they had all the others to deal with.
Old 7 Jun 05, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Definately try dreams Unlimited for a quote! They are very reasonable and get you a good rate
Old 8 Jun 05, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi
The quote is from dream's unlimited.

It was for the cat 11 room's. For 3 night's during feb.

I think it's prob my fault thinking it would be cheaper because of the time of year and choosing the lowest room.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 05, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
athurstance
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We were on the Disney Magic at Xmas for 10 days. We had a great time. My boys were 12 and 10 so both in the same kids group. They loved it. They made loads of friends the first couple of days and hung out with them the whole cruise. In fact we hardly saw them.

They divided their time between the kids club when there were activities that they wanted to do and just hanging out at the pool.

The CMs were very friendly I thought and the boys seemed to get on with them well.

Neither of mine is particularly shy although my youngest is a bit quiet. Bear in mind that most of the kids on board will be Americans rather than British so may have different interests. Both mine developed a liking for NFL and Baseball while we were onboard and they still keep in touch with one of the lads by email.

The amazing thing about the Disney cruise was that even though there must have been hundreds of kids on board you really didn't notice them unless you were on deck 5 where the kids club was.
athurstance is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 05, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
dont forget it does include all your food... and theres loads of it!