Old 7 Nov 16, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
snail999
Trying for More Ears

snail999's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Disney ticket price rise!

Disney have just announced massive rises in their ticket prices. 21 & 14 day tickets have gone up £89, yes £89. What with the pound so low at the moment they really are taking the... I for one will not be going again anytime now, they have started to get really greedy and with half of Hollywood Studios shut it really is bad value for money. A family of four (two adults two kids) tickets will now cost £1,636!
I have been seven times and it looks like this years will now be my last. DISNEY RIP OFF MERCHANTS.

Edited at 06:41 PM.
snail999 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
markiemark90
Very Serious Dibber

markiemark90's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 2
wow! I think Disney is overated. The waterparks are good. Disney Springs is now a v expensive shopping mall. Disney rides are very very dated, some still work, but others are naff.

I was already thinking Disney was a bit naff, but if we go next October, I am not paying to get in Disney, at those prices, no way.

If we go next near and nephew comes with us, we wanted to do a disney park or two, just so he can say he has been. May be better value to buy one day pass so we can take him to Magic kingdom and "show" him epcot by riding monorail through!

Mark
markiemark90 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by snail999 View Post
Disney have just announced massive rises in their ticket prices. 21 & 14 day tickets have gone up £89, yes £89. What with the pound so low at the moment they really are taking the pi**. I for one will not be going again anytime now, they have started to get really greedy and with half of Hollywood Studios shut it really is bad value for money. A family of four (two adults two kids) tickets will now cost £1,636!
I have been seven times and it looks like this years will now be my last. DISNEY RIP OFF MERCHANTS.
You pointed out yourself why the price has gone up. The pound lost nearly 20% of its value in the wake of leaving europe. Disney price in dollars...

The rise is around 20% plus a little bit for inflation.

If you want to be mad at someone be mad at the UK, its our own choices that have precipitated these rises.

Personally I think the pound would have tanked whichever way we chose because of how split everyone was. What we need is a leader with vision to get us back on track, I think Obama is free in a couple of months - we could do worse
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Friday'sChild
Imagineer

Friday'sChild's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I agree it is a huge jump in price

Luckily we booked with Disney in April and so have tickets locked in at this years prices but have already started thinking about whether we will go somewhere else in 2018 - £1600 is a lot on top of the cost of the actual holiday for the four of us.

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic7748_13.gif
Friday'sChild is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
snail999
Trying for More Ears

snail999's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
So explain why the ticket price did not go down when the pound was strong? Your logic does not make sense. It is just Disney being very very greedy.
snail999 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We don't ever buy a 14 day ticket now as we don't spend all the time at Disney, we get MYW tickets and got 5 days for next year at £219 each. Don't forget their price rise is also to cover the 'free' Memory maker on each ticket where you only need one person to have the MM.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

They are being greedy, and even with just 2 of us, I'm sat here thinking I'm lucky I've been so many times. I really cannot see us going again in the foreseeable... the increases are just too much, I don't normally struggle to justify the cost but its getting out of hand.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=991991
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

No increase at Florida Escapes...still £367.00

Edit to change currency

Edited at 05:52 PM.
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 16, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

The pound could rise back to $1.50 but I bet the tickets won't drop back to £329!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread