Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Aug 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
redfox5
slightly serious Dibber

redfox5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you all for your comments!

Our JR exchange passes arrived today! It's getting so close
Old 7 Aug 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess_Mel
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by redfox5 View Post
To be honest the prices make me wince. I've worked out it's about £18 for a cocktail! and there is also a service charge but my DH is a massive fan of the film and really wants to go there. I personally would be happy with the view from the Government building. I did mention your comments to try and put him off a bit but he still really wants to go. Fingers crossed they have upped their service.
We stayed there for 10 nights in 2015 for our honeymoon and I'd say it's the best hotel we've ever been to worldwide. They were absolutely amazing (and we did the whole sitting in the New York bar like Scarlet and Bill lol! ) It was pricey but very very worth it and most days were were dressed like tourists in jeans and jackets ready to head out for the day and we never felt judged at all. We switched to the disney hotel for the last 4 nights and I regret it to this day - not a patch on the PHT and the price we paid for the time of year was on a par with the PHT too...poor service, rudeness, horrid end to the honeymoon!
Old 19 Aug 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
redfox5
slightly serious Dibber

redfox5's Reviews
Mobile

16 days to go. Fairfx have been holding my money for a week now due to my account being in my maiden name and my funds coming from my married name bank account. I sent marriage certificate, they said it would take 24 hours to update. Then nothing. Chaser on Friday, they said they would check and get back to me. Then nothing. Emailed again today and still nothing!

I got my studio ghibli tickets confirmed with voagin which I was really excited about until I realised they had spelt my name wrong. You have to bring passport so the names have to match. Contacted them 2 days ago... nothing.

Ba strike is on my mind.

I'm feeling very stressed out! This was the longest holiday countdown I've ever had and now I'm just worried it's all going wrong.
Old 20 Aug 19, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by redfox5 View Post
16 days to go. Fairfx have been holding my money for a week now due to my account being in my maiden name and my funds coming from my married name bank account. I sent marriage certificate, they said it would take 24 hours to update. Then nothing. Chaser on Friday, they said they would check and get back to me. Then nothing. Emailed again today and still nothing!

I got my studio ghibli tickets confirmed with voagin which I was really excited about until I realised they had spelt my name wrong. You have to bring passport so the names have to match. Contacted them 2 days ago... nothing.

Ba strike is on my mind.

I'm feeling very stressed out! This was the longest holiday countdown I've ever had and now I'm just worried it's all going wrong.
I am sure it will all come together. You are almost out of the woods re BA strike for the way out, which is the main thing. I could cope with a delay coming home better anyway.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
redfox5
slightly serious Dibber

redfox5's Reviews
One more question!

We've got our yen but most of it is in huge notes about 10,000. Will places take this?

Seems alot to hand over to someone and ask for change, its about £77!
Old 31 Aug 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

They will be fine with it, but you considered loading cash onto a Suica or Pasmo card?

WE found nearly everywhere we wanted to buy things, took Suica so I loaded the cash on that and used it. Even places in Disney took it - bar the smallest most mobile food carts.

Ghibli - heard anything back on name issue?
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

10000 yen notes are fine. Japan is a very cash oriented society.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
redfox5
slightly serious Dibber

redfox5's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post
They will be fine with it, but you considered loading cash onto a Suica or Pasmo card?

WE found nearly everywhere we wanted to buy things, took Suica so I loaded the cash on that and used it. Even places in Disney took it - bar the smallest most mobile food carts.

Ghibli - heard anything back on name issue?
Good idea. I already have a suica card so can load it up when I get there.

Voagin said the name issue should be fine as only one letter is wrong. So fingers crossed I wont get turned away at the door.