Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Apr 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
MonkeyNut
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Sorry if this has been answered already but I signed in through the link posted on here for Disney’s extra $100 if booked within a certain time frame.
I have heard nothing. Should I have heard anything by now?
Thank you
Me too, not had an email or anything

Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando 2013, 2015,2017
Wilderness Lodge 2018 AKL 2019 2022 Mums 70th Beach Club2023
POFQ 2024 and 2025
MonkeyNut is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Moana
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

I’ve not received an email or anything and I’ve signed up too 🤷🏻
Moana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My email came trough yesterday. I subscribed a couple of days before.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

With the reduction in resorts in the offer, the cut down dates, the no OKW/ SSR until 330 days out etc, it will be really interesting to see how much availibility there is on this, this year.
Psychologically Disney and everyone else knows, once a customer becomes mentally committed and have bought into making a purchase (and begins to get excited about it) if the deal isn’t ultimately there, that customer is then more likely to pay more for something that is available. There will only be limited supply, I wonder how many will book something else if they are disappointed?
Old 14 Apr 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by MonkeyNut View Post
I know I know she's trying to suck me in to get a sale, I had a call and 2 emails yesterday
The price is higher than I expected.

I've just got the fear that by the time I get to book there will be nothing left.
She reckons Virgin will be in from 2am booking my holiday.

Have people found it significantly cheaper to book Disney direct and virgin flights themselves?
If I did it that way do Disney add flights or I do it?
It’s easy to get caught up in the frenzy and worry that everything will sell out in a day. I think it’s reasonable to assume that there will be less availability than before but I don’t think people need to get up in the middle of the night to book.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MonkeyNut View Post
I know I know she's trying to suck me in to get a sale, I had a call and 2 emails yesterday
The price is higher than I expected.

I've just got the fear that by the time I get to book there will be nothing left.
She reckons Virgin will be in from 2am booking my holiday.

Have people found it significantly cheaper to book Disney direct and virgin flights themselves?
If I did it that way do Disney add flights or I do it?
more red flags here - if the price is higher than you expected, walk away. Of course there will be hotels left on 25th, the frenzy of booking on 25th is quite possibly only us DIBBers, the actual offer is bookable for months . By all means book on 25th, so you know its done.

You can use Attraction Tickets Direct to check how much your Disney accommodation should be (just don't bother about the dining plans yet - they will be free after 24th) and you can source your own flights later. That should give you a rough idea of how much you'd pay DIY. You could also try MyMagicHolidays? They are represented here on the DIBB and they don't appear to do the "hard sell" you're getting from Virgin.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

The only problem with MMH is that they don't do email quotes, they only do telephone quotes. The quote only lasts for the phone call and you have to book then and there if you want to book with them. You can't go away and think about it then go back to them if you decide to book it. Mattie said this on here yesterday. I would never book with them for that reason. I don't like being pushed into doing something straight away, I like to think about it before making a decision.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh that’s a shame Andy Bear, I’ve just emailed them guessing they’ll say to call, if that’s the case I probably won’t book with them either. Plus their website says they’re struggling with number of calls. That’s a bit of a hard sell isn’t it. I appreciate quotes can’t last too long but on the spot isn’t fair.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

I’m hoping my magic holiday price has nt gone up. I had the quote last week, wanted time to think about it and compare. If it has i’ll book direct with Disney. Then sort out flights/car later.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GoldenAvalanche View Post
Oh that’s a shame Andy Bear, I’ve just emailed them guessing they’ll say to call, if that’s the case I probably won’t book with them either. Plus their website says they’re struggling with number of calls. That’s a bit of a hard sell isn’t it. I appreciate quotes can’t last too long but on the spot isn’t fair.
I agree, it is a shame. If they operated differently I would consider them because they're Orlando experts and everyone everyone on here whose's been with them says how good they are. But I don't like the way they operate so it's a no-no. In recent years I've booked all my WDW and Disneyland Paris trips with the Walt Disney Travel Company and am happy with them so will continue to use them. I do like not having a middle man
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List