Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 21 Nov 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Ooh Claudette, that looks lovely! Some of the skills tests are quite odd, but I do feel that professional chefs should know how to make a salted caramel sauce for example!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Chelsea01
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Really enjoying professional master chef, just watching last nights and wondering what happened to Olivia as I thought she got to the next round. Anyone else noticed? X
Chelsea01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Is it still just me watching this? Yesterday I decided to cook the Omlette Arnold Bennet (thank you again Lesley ).

Back to the program, I thought there were some good chefs the first week but not as good since. Regarding the initial skills test, I feel torn between thinking the chefs should do better and the tests being set a bit too niche.
Your omelette looks good. I never get inspired to make any of the things on Masterchef. Re the skills test, I always think that Monica's challenges are much harder than those set by Marcus and so it's a bit unfair that the 6 candidates each week don't do the same test for consistency. I suspect it's because that format would make for dull/repetitive TV viewing that they mix it up.
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Chelsea01 View Post
Really enjoying professional master chef, just watching last nights and wondering what happened to Olivia as I thought she got to the next round. Anyone else noticed? X

I haven’t seen it all the way but I think it was only half of the ten remaining in last night’s episode. Olivia is still in the competition, she should be in tonight’s group of five.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Chelsea01
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I haven’t seen it all the way but I think it was only half of the ten remaining in last night’s episode. Olivia is still in the competition, she should be in tonight’s group of five.
Thank you 😊
Chelsea01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
What a final. I usually have a favourite but this year liked all three of them so would have been happy with whoever won.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne K
Imagineer

Anne K's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I too would have been happy with any of them winning. To me it was clear that Stu's final plates were the most impressive, he certainly received the best comments.
Anne K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 19, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
thepricefamily
Apprentice Imagineer

Really enjoyed this series. All the finalists were likeable, so although Exose was my favourite, I was happy for Stu. It was so funny when he rang his partner to tell her he'd won and she was in Marks & Spencers!
HRH Club Level & AKL Savannah Club Level 2020
thepricefamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The final was amazing. All fantastic chefs and likeable people. I hope they all go on to do great things
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Really enjoyed the whole series. Not sure what I’m going to watch now, as that started pretty much as Masterchef Australia finished!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List