Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 11 Mar 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

We didn't get married at Disney but in Eustis (about an 1 hour 30 min drive from davenport). It was a lovely chapel called' Chapel of Love' . It was a beautiful place, and only cost about $350 for a package, we hired a limo to take us and pick us up. My sister came with us and they themselves got married in the same place last year 💗
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 18, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
bigdreams
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Lovely thanks will check out all these other ones
bigdreams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 18, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

We got married in 2008 at Disney and had the wishes wedding. There was only 12 of us in total and I had to meet certain minimums but it really wasn't that hard.

We got married at the pavilion and then had a afternoon reception meal in the GF Whitehall room before heading to Epcot for a dessert party.

I loved every minute of it and we were lucky to get $2 to the £1 so our actual wedding day didn't really come that much.

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 18, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We thought about getting married in Disney - it was always the dream for me - but we have a lot of family back home who really wanted to see us get married and we couldn't let them down. Not to mention that when it came down to it, my Grandad and FIL were really poorly so couldn't possibly have gone to the States.

There's a great Passporter guide to download by a lady named Carrie Hayward, where I got most of my information from (and on here of course).

Disney are expensive, and there's also sales tax to add onto everything as well (I believe).

We did hire Randy Chapman to take some pictures of us in Disney in wedding attire while we were on honeymoon (see my 2017 trip report), which I'm really glad we did as we got some gorgeous pictures for a fraction of the price of a Disney wedding.

We didn't go in the parks obviously, but we did go to the Poly and the Grand Floridian so got some of the traditional Disney bridal shots and some fab shots with the castle in the background at Picture Point round the back of the Wedding Pavilion.

Something to think about if you don't want the cost of Disney but want the gorgeous photographs!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 18, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
KermitThefrog
Excited about Disney

Yes, we just got married there October 2017! We had a Wishes wedding for 26 people. Carrie's book as mentioned above was so helpful, Disney can be really difficult to get full information from. She's gone out on her own now, you can find it on fairytaleweddingsguide. I also found the Disney bride groups on Facebook to be so helpful.

We had a 9am ceremony at Epcot (Japan pavilion in front of the Koi pond), our wedding photographer (Misty Miotto, we loved her!) took photos around Epcot before and after the ceremony. Then we headed to the Contemporary for brunch at Chef Mickeys. After that a break in the day, before heading back to Epcot (France) for our evening meal followed by watching Illuminations. And then for the late night we had speeches, DJ and dancing and late night snacks at the courtyard of the Tower of Terror. It was pretty amazing.

Depending on what you want you can do it relatively cheaply for the Memories package or upwards to $200,000 for the Wishes package at the castle in Magic Kingdom. We went with minimum floral (it was Halloween so I had pumpkins and candelabras etc) as the venues were more important to us. We had the top range full bar, but minimum food and beverage spend possible on our venues (although we had a lot of food still!), but still probably spent about half our budget on food or drink, when you factored in 24% gratituty and sales tax. We were supposed to have 4 villians in the evening, but Disney majorly cocked up on pricing and in the end we couldn't justify it, hence doing Chef Mickeys, which worked out A LOT cheaper and everyone really enjoyed it!

Edited at 04:15 PM.
KermitThefrog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 18, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
redfox5
slightly serious Dibber

redfox5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I got married last September and it was amazing!

I did the Escape package, with 9 Guests at Sea Breeze point, with lunch and a dessert Party. I don't think the pricing is that bad to be honest.
Old 31 Mar 18, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
bigdreams
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
We thought about getting married in Disney - it was always the dream for me - but we have a lot of family back home who really wanted to see us get married and we couldn't let them down. Not to mention that when it came down to it, my Grandad and FIL were really poorly so couldn't possibly have gone to the States.

There's a great Passporter guide to download by a lady named Carrie Hayward, where I got most of my information from (and on here of course).

Disney are expensive, and there's also sales tax to add onto everything as well (I believe).

We did hire Randy Chapman to take some pictures of us in Disney in wedding attire while we were on honeymoon (see my 2017 trip report), which I'm really glad we did as we got some gorgeous pictures for a fraction of the price of a Disney wedding.

We didn't go in the parks obviously, but we did go to the Poly and the Grand Floridian so got some of the traditional Disney bridal shots and some fab shots with the castle in the background at Picture Point round the back of the Wedding Pavilion.

Something to think about if you don't want the cost of Disney but want the gorgeous photographs!
This sounds lovely! I think my heart is set on paradise cove but still want pictures at Disney and had been looking at their fine art photography packages, didn’t realise you could have someone outside come take pictures round the resorts.
bigdreams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 18, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We had a Memories wedding on Luau Beach at the Polynesian in October 2011, just the two of us, and we then had a party/reception when we returned to the UK. It was perfect for us, we had our photos and video through a package with Randy Chapman and Stan Severance (STVS Video). It was an amazing day
Old 6 Apr 18, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
tunnie12345
Proud to wear my Ears

We got married at paradise cove last year, was perfect they tailored it exactly the way we wanted and was very cheap. We even decided against decorations as there were only 6 of us and they left the ones up from the huge wedding earlier ion the day... was great
tunnie12345 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 04:54 AM  
Link to this Post
bigdreams
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by tunnie12345 View Post
We got married at paradise cove last year, was perfect they tailored it exactly the way we wanted and was very cheap. We even decided against decorations as there were only 6 of us and they left the ones up from the huge wedding earlier ion the day... was great
There will be 6 of us too! Do you mind me asking if you booked directly with Paradise cove or did you go through a wedding coordinator. How far did you book out? Congratulations also 😊