Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 10 Jun 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
elaine amj
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Really enjoying your report! Tryibg to keep our group of 5 on a small budget for our next trip and readibg your report for inspiration
elaine amj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs Red C View Post
Like the look of Peter Pan Float, can't wait to try that! The Mickey/Minnie Mouse sinks look good too, do you reckon it's worth getting one, value for money I mean?
They're definitely worth a try for the price. The Mickey and Minnie sinks were fab, definitely worth getting ... maybe don't be as greedy as we were but I did want both to bring home x

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
I really shouldn't be reading this at lunchtime - want pizza and ice cream now! All that food looks amazing
I was so hungry when writing it ... definitely not good for Slimming World x

Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
Loving this! Always enjoy a food trippy, seeing Longhorns makes my mouth water love their steaks.
Glad your enjoying it, Longhorns was amazing! X

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Enjoying your report so far
Thanks for reading x

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
You did well on budget at MK and some fun treats too.
We did. I haven't worked out how much we actually spent and only doing it as I do the report so I was surprised as I expected that to be the biggest spend day x

Originally Posted by elaine amj View Post
Really enjoying your report! Tryibg to keep our group of 5 on a small budget for our next trip and readibg your report for inspiration
Thanks for reading, hopefully there's some hints and tips in here for you Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
the lost Princess cone looks lovely (goes on the list!) although the name of the Peter Pan float is a little offputting I might avoid that one. Great report!
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry had missed out a day on your report and only just read about your purse 😱 hope everything worked out okay x
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

My heart is melting at Thomas going and getting you an ice cream, what a sweetheart.

The plane food looks and sounds okay but mozzarella and pesto for kids is madness!

My mind is blown at pizza at McDonalds, a very strange addition to their menu, although it does look nice.

Denny’s looks great, I love the sound of your breakfast, and Noah’s kid’s portion looks perfect.

Longhorn’s looks so good; I think I’d have exactly what you ordered.

All of the Carlos’ treats sound amazing and not too pricey.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
the lost Princess cone looks lovely (goes on the list!) although the name of the Peter Pan float is a little offputting I might avoid that one. Great report!
Definitely try it if your a lemon lover. I found the float more refreshing, but it was nice just to have something cool!

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Sorry had missed out a day on your report and only just read about your purse 😱 hope everything worked out okay x
Thank you, luckily everything was more or less ok (minus $30, 2 bank cards, revolut and driving licence) but at least the Passports were there

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
My heart is melting at Thomas going and getting you an ice cream, what a sweetheart.

The plane food looks and sounds okay but mozzarella and pesto for kids is madness!

My mind is blown at pizza at McDonalds, a very strange addition to their menu, although it does look nice.

Denny’s looks great, I love the sound of your breakfast, and Noah’s kid’s portion looks perfect.

Longhorn’s looks so good; I think I’d have exactly what you ordered.

All of the Carlos’ treats sound amazing and not too pricey.
He is such a sweetie he really is. I sometimes call him the forgotten child as he's usually so quite we don't know he's there

It is, like I say I know mine are picky but pesto? Come on! Most adults I know don't like pesto never mind kids

It was one of the things Caitlin was most looking forward too! As she doesn't eat potatoes she usually just has 2 plain hamburgers and she was really looking forward to this. We took the leftover pizza back to the room and some nuggets but they all ended up being binned

Denny's was fab, definitely one of our favourite breakfasts. Noah did so well with his bless him, in fact they all did.

Longhorns ... I can't big it up enough, so tasty! I could eat it again right now.

I was surprised at the prices as I'd heard they were really pricey but I didn't think they were, definitely wouldn't rush back though xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

I like the look of the BoG pic, both my daughter and myself were thinking about this but seeing the pictures
I think we'll just share so we can try the grey stuff haha

Edited at 01:59 PM.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DiszeeBelle View Post
I like the look of the BoG pic, both my daughter and myself were thinking about this but seeing the pictures
I think we'll just share so we can try the grey stuff haha
BoG gets mixed reviews but we enjoy it, more so for lunch than breakfast. If your just wanting a light bite definitely get something to share then the grey stuff. We had it the last trip but didn't fancy it this one x
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Day 4 - IHOP, Thunder Falls and Friendly's

Day 4 - IHOP, Thunder Falls and Friendly's

IHOP - International Drive (Near the big McDonalds)

This morning we'd planned IHOP before our Universal stay. We arrived at 9am and it was relatively quiet. We were seated immediately and had a look through the menu, we were really looking forward to this. Before I came I signed up and we had 2 coupons, one for a free birthday pancake stack and one for a free birthday breakfast I think. We ordered drinks and asked for more time to order. Now I felt the server was rather pushy, she gave us about 30 seconds before returning to the table to ask if we weer ready to order again. I said not quite and could we have longer. She appeared very huffed at this but let us have a look at the menu.

I had:

Build Your Own French Toast Combo - Choose your French Toast flavor and we’ll serve it with two eggs*, hash browns and two crispy strips of hickory-smoked bacon or two pork sausage links

I really enjoyed this, it was nice to have something different to waffles and pancakes. I just have plain french toast. The bacon, hash brown and eggs were just like everywhere else, although I did find IHOPs more greasy than Denny's.

Chris had:

Classic Breakfast Crepe - Exceptional crepes made right here in our kitchen from our own crepe batter. The Breakfast Crepe includes two of our freshly prepared, made-to-order crepes, filled with fluffy scrambled eggs, white Cheddar cheese, hickory-smoked chopped bacon & ham, then topped with a creamy Cheddar cheese sauce.

Chris was really disappointed with this, he said it didn't taste very nice at all and he'd wished he'd gotten something else. Now we all know things NEVER look like they do in menus but we just felt it was thrown together and was nothing like the menu ... here's the menu picture for reference

I honestly can't remember what Noah had ... looking at the menu I can only assume it's this but instead of birthday pancake he has strawberry

Jr. Cupcake Pancake Combo - A completely sweet breakfast! You’ll get one buttermilk pancake filled with festive rainbow sprinkles and topped with cupcake icing and even more sprinkles! Plus it’s served with 1 piece of bacon, 1 sausage, and 1 scrambled egg.

Noah didn't mind this but he did say he preferred his pancakes at Denny's the other day and he only ate around half. He was getting really fed up of the food by now

Thomas had:

Jr. Chicken and Waffles - Two all-white meat chicken strips, battered and fried to a golden crisp paired with two Belgian waffle quarters. Served with whipped butter and your choice of dipping sauce.

Thomas enjoyed these although he eats at snails pace and took forever

Caitlin had:

Cupcake Pancakes - What could be better than our signature buttermilk pancakes? How about when they’re filled with festive rainbow sprinkles, then topped with cupcake icing, more rainbow sprinkles and whipped topping! These sweet treats are part of a tasty trio, perfect for sharing with your friends and family.

Caitlin didn't like these much at all, she said they tasted really dry. She mainly ate the cream, icing and sprinkles off the top instead

We tried the pancakes and thought the same.

Overall we weren't wowed by breakfast here and wouldn't rush back which I'm really disappointed with as we were really looking forward to it. I think next time we may try ad different branch but it's definitely not somewhere we have on a must do again list. We used the coupon for the free stack of pancakes (Caitlin's).

Total bill here was
$54.49 including tip

Denny's was almost $15 less and we all enjoyed it so much more.

Snacks

We went into the bakery type store in Seuss Land (can't remember the name of it ) The kids all choose something each and Mr Grump and I got 3 Macroons to share. I can't remember exactly how much this came too and we must have used cash as I can't find the receipt but I think it ended up around $25 we also reactivated our refillable mug from last year for $9.58.

Mr G and I had had 2 other macroons but I can't remember the flavours and I didn't record it sorry! I used my preferred pass for the cookies and treats but forgot for the refillable drink!

Thunder Falls

We all shared this as a snack/lunch as we were all feeling peckish and had a few more hours before dinner.

This was
$12.45 with the preferred pass discount.

Friendlys

We arrived at Friendly's a little later than planned around 7.10pm. We went to the one just off International Drive. When we first walked in we weren't impressed at all. It looked very run down and there was a really funny smell in the reception area now I know it's a diner and it did smell greasy but there was another type of smell that we just couldn't put our finger on. To the point Mr Grump said he really didn't want to eat here and wanted to go elsewhere. I told him if he wanted to leave we needed to go now before we were seated.

In the end he agreed to stay. We were seated immediately. Shortly after our drinks order was taken and then we placed our food order. Whilst waiting for our food a lady making balloon characters came to our table, she was working for tips and made a character for each of the kids, they were fabulous (more details in the trip report)

Thomas had:

Friendly's Chicken Pops - Even the pickiest eaters can't resist Friendly's Chicken Pops! (Comes with fries or choose a side.)

He choose to just have fries with his. He really enjoyed these and said they were some of the best nuggets he'd had.

Noah had:

Cheeseywich - Served with apples or your choice of a side, we're grillin' up homestyle grilled cheeses right here at Friendly's!

Noah opted for a side of fruit with his but it didn't come till later. He didn't like the cheeseywich even though it's similar to the toasties we have at home he ate most of the fries and the fruit though.

Caitlin had:

Mini Cheeseburgers - Friendly's Mini Cheeseburgers come with fries or your choice of side.

She doesn't like cheese apart from on pizza so had plain burgers with a side of oranges Honestly the looks we got ordering this She really enjoyed them.

Mr Grump and I both got the same. We meant to get some onion rings to share but we forgot

Bacon Mac N Cheese Burger - Friendly's Big Beef® Burger topped wth melted American cheese, our cheesy mac & cheese and crispy applewood-smoked bacon all on a grilled Brioche roll and served with golden fries.

These burgers were sooooo good! Honestly the best burgers we had on holiday so tasty and juicy, we really wouldn't hesitate to return in future.

I knew we wouldn't make the light show at HP so we decided to just get the kids dessert instead. I had Caitlin's ice cream as she doesn't like it. I got the monster mash sundae and 2 create your own sundaes these were nice enough. I had a 25% off coupon for here which I almost forgot about

Total came to
$45.21

Total Spends

Day 1 - $178.49 - $28.49 over budget
Day 2 - $42.13 - $107.87 under budget. Add in yesterdays over budget gives us $79.38 extra on our $150 a budget
Day 3 - $155.42 - $5.42 over budget - $73.96 in credit
Day 4 - $146.73 - $3.27 under budget. $77.23 in credit
Old 15 Jun 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
wow you are flying through this, those Friendly burgers look beautiful but are they better than the steak n shake garlic burger
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List