Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 10 Oct 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh experiences definitley vary. We had an awful meal (luckily free) in the Crown Grill on Princess but loads rave about it as the best speciality at sea!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
thealienwarrior
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We have only cruised Celebrity before, but they are a lot more expensive than P&O. Since we are looking to go to Florida in 2021 for my 40th, we only wanted a cheepy break next year.

I am from Portsmouth. This means, to me, P&O are a ferry. However my husband has talked me in to going on a P&O cruise next year, though only as it's on the Iona.

Have to admit, I am still in two minds about this. Too spoilt with Celebrity.

So used to such an excellent drinks package, not sure if it's worth wasting money on P&O's. They have such a stupid rule, that you have to wait 15 minutes between drinks. Means if you are thirsty it's tough or you have to pay OOP which seems wrong when you've paid for unlimited drinks.

Thinking might cancel ours next year and splurge on more "upgrades" for Florida.
Old 13 Oct 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

I wouldn't bother with the drinks package on P&O unless you drink like a fish as the prices are reasonable on board anyway, unlike the American lines. On those a package make a sense of you want 5-6 drinks a day, on P&O you'd need to drink a lot more!

We didn't like it as much as Princess which I have heard is comparable with Celebrity. However for the price I think its still worth a go. Ferrys they definitley are not!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
I wouldn't bother with the drinks package on P&O unless you drink like a fish as the prices are reasonable on board anyway, unlike the American lines. On those a package make a sense of you want 5-6 drinks a day, on P&O you'd need to drink a lot more!

We didn't like it as much as Princess which I have heard is comparable with Celebrity. However for the price I think its still worth a go. Ferrys they definitley are not!
I didn’t find that the case at all, I do drink, but it also includes costa, bottles of water and mock tails for the day.
It’s 36.95 a day, which is only 4.5 cocktails a day, so with a morning coffee; bottled water and the like I only needed to drink 3 drinks a sat to make it well work
Old 18 Oct 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by thealienwarrior View Post
We have only cruised Celebrity before, but they are a lot more expensive than P&O. Since we are looking to go to Florida in 2021 for my 40th, we only wanted a cheepy break next year.

I am from Portsmouth. This means, to me, P&O are a ferry. However my husband has talked me in to going on a P&O cruise next year, though only as it's on the Iona.

Have to admit, I am still in two minds about this. Too spoilt with Celebrity.

So used to such an excellent drinks package, not sure if it's worth wasting money on P&O's. They have such a stupid rule, that you have to wait 15 minutes between drinks. Means if you are thirsty it's tough or you have to pay OOP which seems wrong when you've paid for unlimited drinks.

Thinking might cancel ours next year and splurge on more "upgrades" for Florida.
They didn’t enforce the 15 min rule at all for me, I was also able to order both a soft drink and an alcoholic one at the same time if I was thirsty
Old 4 Nov 19, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I didn’t find that the case at all, I do drink, but it also includes costa, bottles of water and mock tails for the day.
It’s 36.95 a day, which is only 4.5 cocktails a day, so with a morning coffee; bottled water and the like I only needed to drink 3 drinks a sat to make it well work
I agree with squishy.
Drinks package wouldn’t have worked out for us at all.
The package price is £39.95pp per day.
Cocktail is £6.35
Wine per glass is £4.75
Pint is £4.20
Coke is £1.95
Latte is £2.95
Mocktail is £3.05
Bottle water £2

So say you have 2 lattes and 2 bottles water. That’s just under £10
Still have £30 to make up for. So that’s (4.8) 5 cocktails or (6.3) 7 glasses of wine per day to make
It worth while.
Unless it was like double gins that might take it up a bit.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Didn't find that at all and I can drink my way around the ship. On RCI the package was a no brainer. On P&O we didn't come close. Sea days perhaps I could have hit the price if I had tried hard but on port days no way. That included a bottle of wine with the meal each night and no shortage of gin.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We brought on our own supply of cans of coke and bottles of water - plus you can can refill a bottle at the pool!

I think as the prices are really reasonable anyway there is no need for the drinks package unless you like to hit it hard!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
We brought on our own supply of cans of coke and bottles of water - plus you can can refill a bottle at the pool!

I think as the prices are really reasonable anyway there is no need for the drinks package unless you like to hit it hard!
I did that too, bought on a refillable water bottle and some bottles of soda. The water in the cabin is perfectly fine to drink as well, no need for bottled water.