Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 14 Oct 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Fefster
Excited about Disney

California Grill brunch review

I’m afraid I did not rate this experience well. We felt very rushed through and the people next to us actually complained about it.
The restaurant was not that busy as well around 10.30am.
When we sat down, the waitress said the entrees were coming out a bit earlier than usual at about 20mins and we said OK, but they were on the table as soon as we had finished our first buffet plate (about 10 mins).
Then, before we were even finished, she came back and said ‘most people get their desserts boxed up’, so we just agreed.
Start to finish less than an hour and over $200.
We could have stayed but the atmosphere didn’t feel right it wasn’t a relaxed take your time kind of vibe.
I know this isn’t everyone’s experience but it’s worth being prepared for this situation so you can plan what to say when they say the kitchen is working quickly. Just say no thanks, we will let you know when we are ready.
In hindsight I wouldn’t even have ordered the entrees until we were ready.
Fefster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sunny1
Excited about Disney

wow that is just not on at all you need to talk to someone at the restaurant, i urge you go back and tell them how you felt

we spent over two hours here, had a great experience and never felt rushed at all

brunch should be a relaxing experience, i'm so sorry you felt rushed and it spoiled things please take 30 mins out of your plans to go back and tell them

be firm, polite and insistent and do also tell them that you are having to take time away from your holiday to give them this feedback

Edited at 04:00 PM.
sunny1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Fefster
Excited about Disney

I just emailed guest services to let them know that guests shouldn’t feel rushed during this experience and I hope they take that on board. The food was really good though, I have to say, so worth it if you can manage the rushing situation if it arises.
Fefster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Thank you for heads up we are back there on Sunday.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’ve ummed so much about this as it’s going to cost us over $400 , doesn’t sound great
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

"Most people get desserts boxed up"=
" Clear off sharpish, I'm greedy and want even more tips".
What did you pay for this 'experience'? Makes me so angry to read stories like this.
Old 14 Oct 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Sorry you didn't have a good experience, we really enjoyed it and didn't feel rushed at all for the brunch. Dinner was a different story though with our waiter trying to push up the bill at every opportunity.
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Totally different tonour experience. That sounds rubbish.

I’d not have been happy at all!
Old 15 Oct 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Wow, I'd have been speaking to a manager. We've done the Brunch twice and both times been encouraged to stay as long as we wanted, enjoy everything and been plied with so many mimosa refills we started refusing them! Last month we were in there for 2.5 hours easily and even then the server still asked if we wanted more coffee.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Exact opposite to our two experiences. First time we got talking to a American couple and were there for nearly 4 hours and this year it was about 2.5 hours. Will be booking again for May.